Is it fair for Hunters to have full mobility?

evil950510
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Alleria

Is it fair for Hunters to have full mobility?

Unread post by evil950510 »

After aspect of the fox was removed and hunters were able to have full mobility while dealing out dps without penalties casters began to ask why they are not allowed to have the same mobility? Aspect of the Fox was removed a little while back in patch 5.1. which was implemented into the game because Blizzard was concerned at the time that constant hunter movement would be too strong, but preferred it to aspect twisting, where you would swap between Fox and Hawk to do more serious damage. With the changes to Kil'jaeden Cunning coming to WOD forums have blown up with bitter players complaining about the lack of mobility casters have over hunters who are also a range class. The biggest ire was from pvp with casters not having the time to cast their spells before they were devastated by other players, while hunters could keep their distance and just kite everyone to death. The biggest argument against Mageys, Boombooms, Lockies, and Shammys having full mobility while they cast is that balance wise they would be fat too powerful. They would be able to deal devastating attacks from far away and keep moving. The only solution I could think of was to allow casters to cast their weakest attacks on the move while the strongest would require them to stay still and charge up the spell before it could be cast. What are your opinions on this topic?
Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Re: Is it fair for Hunters to have full mobility?

Unread post by Lisaara »

Casters still can cast some things while on the move so they're not as impaired as they think. They're just QQing for the sake of QQing cause they can't one shot hunters anymore. Trust me, my boomkin can still cast moonfire, sunfire, starfall, and other things while on the move. Only thing I can't do is cast something with a cast timer on the go. Mages are no different. Got arcane explosion, frost bomb, etc. Locks have incinerate and such. Shammies got several abilities too.

Hunters, as I recall, only have one major thing that requires a 'cast time' and thats Cobra Shot/Steady Shot and that doesn't hit hard at all.

So basically...your suggestion is already whats in the game....except the stuff they can cast on the move isnt their weakest. A lot of it hits pretty hard, especially any freebie procs.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Terenas, Argent Dawn

Unread post by Krysteena »

What Junrei said basically. There is another argument for hunters. Our survivability. Many casters have various shields and whatnot that protects them for a heck amount of damage. If I remember correctly, they can still cast while protected. There is the mages ice tomb but that's only fair they can't cast in it. Hunters, while we are always on the move, don't have shields. We've got deterrence, which lasts 5 seconds and in that time we can't make our pet do anything and we can't attack. We get a warrior on is we can use deterrence and try to run away, or we disengage and get charged anyway. A Mage? They can to that ice thingy which roots you can ice block, taking no damage at all. They have the upper hand in most situations and I've no idea why priests would complain, if they are complaining, as shadow priests especially are near impossible to kill solo. They're one of the more OP classes in PvP, imo.

There's a reason why hunters can move and the other casters can't. If the casters could move while casting they'd be OP. It's simple. Hunters don't hit that hard, and we focus more on cc, which in PvP situations is near useless. You've got aimed shot for mm hunters that the have to stay still for, and powers not for all that has a knock back and hits hard and we've got to stay still for that too. Plus, if they were to take away hunter mobility you'd get so many people complaining they'd have to add it back in. I, for one, wouldn't be happy at all.
Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Me neither and you bring up valid points. Also hunters don't have heals compared to most other caster classes(minus the mage). Should we take away the casters ability to heal because hunters(SV and MM) and mages can't? That wouldn't make sense. Each class has their pros and cons. It would be wise to learn them and learn how to master the pros while dealing with the cons, or even mitigating them if possible.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Tankperson
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Tankperson »

Yeah I find in pvp that those casters that get to stand still can nearly still hit for three times with their main spell then I can with Steady shot and Cobra shot we do not hit for all that hard. It is not our main attack it is our rescource generation ablity. You see unlike mages locks and priests that can have a very very large mana pool we only get at max 120 (bm spec) and 100 (Suv and MM). Our ablity to move while using SS and CS is not fully about mobility it's more about allowing us to replenish our focus during fights that have a high amount of movement in them. Also in pvp do you not realize that if a hunter gets disarmed we are dead in the water where as the casters are not? Our ablity to move while firing an arrow is worthless when we have nothing to fire said arrow with.
Boven
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn

Unread post by Boven »

I think it depends upon the caster and spec. Speaking as someone who currently raids with an elemental shaman, the loss of casting while moving is a pretty big impediment. Having pretty much just shocks as instant casts, ele shammies are going to be very heavily dependent upon procs in order to be able to any kind of dps in PvE fights where movement is required (pretty much all of 'em), or in PvP. Unless Ele shamans are tuned to be proc'ing something almost constantly, they'll be totally useless and just cannon fodder in PvP.
Kayb
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Kayb »

Hey I still want my melee weapons back :(
Check out some arty stuff?
http://admiral-lilwall.deviantart.com/

'Words do not win wars. That is a tragedy.'

http://lilwall.net