Profession Confusion!

Hisae
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Whisperwind

Profession Confusion!

Unread post by Hisae »

Hi guys! :hug:

I'm in a pickle. I'm leveling a pandaren hunter with gathering professions but the mount collector in me wants to have LW as we all know that in WoD that it gets a wolf mount recipe. My pandaren mage has tailoring but she doesn't have a secondary and I was thinking of giving her LW/Tailoring and then dropping either herb or mining to put skinning, however, here is the problem. I want to use my hunter as my main as I've used my mage for every expansion so far (just recently race changed from human to pandaren) and I want a change.

What would you suggest? Should I drop one or both gatherings and give LW/Skinning to the hunter? Or should I give LW to my mage and just drop one gathering and pick up skinning? Or THIRD Option! Make another character and give them LW/Skinning?

I'm just getting my rhythm back (Got BOTH the Thundering Onyx and Heavenly Golden Cloud Serpents) and I want to keep it going! ;)

I hope the week goes well for everyone! :hug:
Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Ner'zhul (US)

Re: Profession Confusion!

Unread post by Xota »

I don't know how all this would work with the garrison stuff, and I know that materials will stack higher, but I'd still probably do LW and skinning on the same character, and probably both on the hunter. You can get into areas where there's just a glut of leather, and it's convenient to be able to craft them into higher quality materials (although there's only a cooldown version right now) or items to mail to your disenchanter. There may also be BoP mail gear, I don't know if the garrison can make it for you or not.

If I were you, I would go LW/skin on your hunter, and tailor/herb on your mage. But like I said, I don't know how garrisons will work with all the professions. You may get enough herbs from your garrison and not need it on your mage.

If you're looking to make gold, then keep mining and herbing. You'll need LW for the mount, but you can get the skin through garrison/AH. It might take longer, but gathering professions typically make better gold than crafting professions.