Making a macro, question

Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

Making a macro, question

Unread post by Sukurachi »

I still haven't figured out how to do this, or if it's possible. Most of the macro forums/guides are pathetically out of date.

Is there any way to have a macro that you hit repeatedly that will cast on sequential party members?

For example, I'd like to have a single-button that I can just tap one, two, three, and have my mage cast Slow Fall on party1, party2, and party3.

I've tried setting each "party member" on a separate line, but that simply recasts it on whoever was first in line.
I'd like to avoid using ctrl, or alt or shift, because this is in a multi-box setting, and it's harder to use double keystrokes in that context (generally, you don't have as ready access to a 2nd or 3rd keyboard when multi-boxing).

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

Anyia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Jubei'Thos (US/Oceania)

Re: Making a macro, question

Unread post by Anyia »

I don't believe there is. Even the /castsequence command only allows you to specify one target, not one for each spell in the list, at least according to the wowwiki documentation. You could try, but I don't have any high hopes.

Unless... hmm... I remember using a trick with /castsequence where I had an "empty" spell listed, which allowed it to fall through to the next command at that point. If that still works... try:
/castsequence @party1 ,,,,Slow Fall
/castsequence @party2 ,,,Slow Fall
/castsequence @party3 ,,Slow Fall
/castsequence @party4 ,Slow Fall
/castsequence @party5 Slow Fall

(or [target=partyX] if @partyX doesn't do it). If the above trick works, you might also need to add a reset=10 condition or some such to each of them.
Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

Re: Making a macro, question

Unread post by Sukurachi »

I got it to work with this:

#showtooltip
/castsequence [target=party2]reset=5 ,,,Slow Fall,nil
/castsequence [target=party1]reset=5 ,,Slow Fall,nil
/castsequence [target=player] ,Slow Fall

for some reason it needs the ",nil" at the end.
there's a tiny delay between each time I can press the button, maybe I can adjust the reset time, I'll test it out. It probably changes with different spells.

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.