10 year anniversary!

Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

10 year anniversary!

Unread post by Vephriel »

This pet is so adorable. ♥

I'm looking forward to tackling Molten Core tomorrow, and seeing a good ole fashioned Hillsbrad death match. :D
Attachments
WoWScrnShot_112114_012759.png
WoWScrnShot_112114_012759.png (667.16 KiB) Viewed 2670 times
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Re: 10 year anniversary!

Unread post by cowmuflage »

How long is the raid up for again? I'm only like 95, I'm just going at my own pace.
Vephriel

It's running until January 5th. :)
Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Emerald Dreams (EU)
Location: Ontario, Canada, but my heart (and account) is in Europe!

Unread post by Kurasu »

The raid runs until January 5th.

You have to have an ilevel of 610 to even *see* the raid in your list.

You can only go for once a week.

The mount is 100% drop if you kill the last boss, but the apparently the pet drop and enchantment are not.

It's *not* a cakewalk. It's a hard battle, according to the individual who I talked to who had the mount.

Sorry, but I'm infuriated.
Come see Kurasu's stables!
Danielfboone
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Draka

Unread post by Danielfboone »

Ilvl of 610? Wow that's high for a special thing like this. 600 would be reasonable.
Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

ilvl 610 isn't actually that high since to do heroics, you need that same ilvl and to pass the silver challenge mode. If you did the quests in Nagrand, you'll have 610.
Last edited by Lisaara on Fri Nov 21, 2014 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

Vephriel wrote:It's running until January 5th. :)
Sweet! I should be 100 sometime this week :3 I don't need to worry about job finding as I'm going back to animation school next year. Gunna get a diploma!
Boven
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn

Unread post by Boven »

Junrei wrote:ilvl 610 isn't actually that high since to do heroics, you need that same ilvl and to pass the silver challenge mode. If you did the quests in Nagrand, you'll have 610.
The annoying bit is that I hit while still questing in Arak. I hadn't even set foot into Nagrand other than to get the item for the Gara tame. I'm still only i591. I've had horrible luck in dungeons for loot (though the rollback to personal loot and a guaranteed drop off the last boss today makes me hopeful), and the world rare types seem to only want to drop non-hunter stuff. Got a really sweet shield last night off one. Pity I can't send it to my warrior.

Anyway, I'm gonna have to grind the heck out of Nagrand tonight instead of taking things at an easy pace, just so I can try to get strong enough for MC.
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

Considering the raid is running until January 5th, I don't see why you would have to "grind the heck" out of something. There's a whole month to reach the needed ilvl to get into the raid.

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Boven wrote:
Junrei wrote:ilvl 610 isn't actually that high since to do heroics, you need that same ilvl and to pass the silver challenge mode. If you did the quests in Nagrand, you'll have 610.
The annoying bit is that I hit while still questing in Arak. I hadn't even set foot into Nagrand other than to get the item for the Gara tame. I'm still only i591. I've had horrible luck in dungeons for loot (though the rollback to personal loot and a guaranteed drop off the last boss today makes me hopeful), and the world rare types seem to only want to drop non-hunter stuff. Got a really sweet shield last night off one. Pity I can't send it to my warrior.

Anyway, I'm gonna have to grind the heck out of Nagrand tonight instead of taking things at an easy pace, just so I can try to get strong enough for MC.
You'll be fine, trust me. Also keep killing rares you see. You can get epics from them as well as the quests. I'm 100 and only did the starting quests in Nagrand. Got to 607 in a heartbeat. I also had decent luck in dungeons when it was personal loot(really ticked I'll have to fight ninjas for loot AGAIN).

LisaaraPokefarm

SylviaDragon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Drenden/illidan

Unread post by SylviaDragon »

Its a really long, hard crawl to the finish line. everyone has to pay attention to all of the mechanics for both the bosses and the trash. only pull one pack at a time or you will wipe.

I spent three hours in there and then when rag was at 10% the whole raid bugged out and everyone got kicked >.<

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Remember though....Beta =/= What will be on live. They will likely adjust it as necessary.

LisaaraPokefarm

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

So it's like a old school raid then? XD
Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Emerald Dreams (EU)
Location: Ontario, Canada, but my heart (and account) is in Europe!

Unread post by Kurasu »

The annoying bit is that I hit while still questing in Arak.
I hit 100 before I was finished with Talador. I was 98 when I finished Shadowmoon.
Remember though....Beta =/= What will be on live. They will likely adjust it as necessary.
This is what it's like on *live*. Not on *beta*. We'll have to see if they adjust it or not.

I just.... ugh.
Come see Kurasu's stables!
Vephriel

Just finished running through Molten Core and it was SO MUCH FUN. I never expected it to be such a blast. I was worried it would just be hours of stress but oh my god, I had the time of my life. ♥

We had an awesome group of people, lots of Vanilla raiding veterans and a good leader. Took us just under 2 hours and we only had one wipe due to an unintentional extra trash pull.

Seriously though, it was super fun. :D

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

That mounts huge on a elf just how big will it be on a cow :lol:
Vephriel

It really is enormous! I love it. :D

I'm honestly a little surprised they didn't use the updated core hound model within the raid itself, since I know there's a version without the saddle and everything. I had been kinda hoping they'd replace the old core hounds with the new one because it's such a well done update that keeps the spirit of the original.
Makoes
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

Worried about ilv? Can easily "cheat" it with some Vendor gear from the Ring in Nagrand. My guild just did that today, we all got vendor gear to "fool" the LFR, and then did a successful LFR MC and got our Mounts and Helms :D

Had some "fail" tanks...one that became a joke in vent because he died on almost Every pull...most deaths in that run easily. Was amusing. Mobs are a bit annoying BUT if people follow mechanics it can be quite Easy and fun! (face corehounds AWAY from group *glare*)

Rag was easy, we kept our backs to the walls and just pew pewed him down. Lots of fun!!!!

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

Danielfboone
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Draka

Unread post by Danielfboone »

I hit level 100 in Nagrand and I'm at 606. The final quest of the Oshu'gun line is bugged and can't be done. I hit 100 in the Ring, which I beat easily. I only did one of the bonus objectives while leveling and only two regular dungeons because I didn't want it to go too fast. It still did though. Less than a week for 10 levels is too fast.

I don't think I'll pass the silver challenge mode. I don't think I'll even try it. I've never done any challenge modes. I tried the silver dps trial in the Proving Grounds and failed it. I got the Bronze easily though.
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Danielfboone wrote:
I hit level 100 in Nagrand and I'm at 606. The final quest of the Oshu'gun line is bugged and can't be done. I hit 100 in the Ring, which I beat easily. I only did one of the bonus objectives while leveling and only two regular dungeons because I didn't want it to go too fast. It still did though. Less than a week for 10 levels is too fast.

I don't think I'll pass the silver challenge mode. I don't think I'll even try it. I've never done any challenge modes. I tried the silver dps trial in the Proving Grounds and failed it. I got the Bronze easily though.
I was able to do the silver CM at ilvl 607.

LisaaraPokefarm