share your wod stories, screen shots and feedback!

SylviaDragon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Drenden/illidan

share your wod stories, screen shots and feedback!

Unread post by SylviaDragon »

So now that the xpack has been out for a few days and the launch day issues/ddos attacks have begun to clear up I imagine a fair number of us have gotten the chance to go out and explore the new world. Yet despite knowing this I have still not seen a thread filled with your stories!
So let’s fix that. Got screen shots? Post them! found cool Easter eggs? Fun stories? Tell me! Feedback so far? Share it!

So this was my first time being there at launch. I have been wanting to do it for years but this was my first chance to do so. I think blizz did a few really clever things like phasing the factions. It’s kind of a shame it got overlooked after the ddos hit. We got to go in 15 min early. I loved the last introductory quest in the jungle where you just run screaming to the docks.
Here I am waiting to go through the portal. This picture really falls flat on showing how many players were there. Arygos has not been so packed in years.

I really enjoyed the zones. I am concerned that after multiple characters they will get stale fast due to how you flow through them. But I enjoyed the storyline and there were a few deaths that honestly hit me. I was taken by surprise.
I loved my garrison way more than I thought I would. I would go there just to clear some back space and I would poke around for a good 40 min before going back to questing.
Picking the stables has been the best choice ever. Not because of the nice perks buct because of this…
MY SEAHORSE IS FLOATING AROUND OHMYGOD

I don’t even remember why I had to go to frostfire but I ran into all these wolves trapped in nice blocks. I clicked on one and the wolf started attacking me. I tamed her on a whim but I quite like her. I named her Shatter, after the spell that freed her.
I could still cast it on her until I left the zone.

While I was there I decided to join a group to kill the wolf that drops the mount. I rolled a one.
Thus I decided to make my own group and kill him again. I rolled a 91. The ones are strong today.
Also after much lag and a few bouts of rage due to said lag and spotty guides that forgot to include certain important locations… Gara is mine! I like her much more than I thought I would. I bet she becomes my main pet.
Also how is this a thing? Rylak. Stahp!
Also I brought my stag, Caracal with me and rollplayed that my hunter and druid had decided to team up. It was lots of fun and I used him through most of the zone. There were many fun adventures to be had. His calm and practical nature was tested by Sylvia’s “violence solves everything and I’m getting paid to do it- ooo what’s that lets go explore” attitude. Honestly Caracal is probably the one keeping the inner workings of the garrison running smoothly. He’s always getting her out of tight spots.

“where the hell are we?” “just ask them for directions. Or hold the map right side up.” “Shut up.”

Also I got my Terror Claws! Iiieeee! I was most excited about these guys. I just can’t get enough of them. I hope a black version of the hatchlings comes out. Even though it goes against my min/max mindset I have been using them a lot.
Here is Ari, Queela and my hunter who doesn’t know what to do with all the cuteness

And here she is trying to figure out if she can turn Zamies into a mount.

Also I wont spoil anything but for those of you who remember the female troll in the mountains of nagrand that had a somewhat creepy home filled with way too many orphans... I highly recommend you go do the quests in the throne of the elements that sends you to talk to a dying shaman. if you pay attention and add two and two together you will understand why she had so many children.

As for my overall feedback, I’d say I am having lots of fun. My garrison is amazing and I love collecting all the followers. Daily quests are not something I dread. Gearing up so far has not been “too” hard and although I have not camped them yet I approve of the new rare mount spawns.

I do hope we will see more rare rares though. Although helpful and new toys/pets are fun, I became overwhelmed and somewhat annoyed by all of the “rares.” I lost the satisfaction of killing them pretty quick and it really minimized the importance of getting blues. I think it’s a nice idea to help boost levelers but I hope rares become more challenging and more rewarding as time goes by.

As for flying, I’m ok without it right now and am happy they streamlined flight paths. I think I prefer the new fps over manual flying. Travling within a zone on the other hand looks like it will become a pain pretty fast after you have explored it. already I am getting sick of being turned around/stuck/taking the long, long way through secret mountain paths to get to where I need to go. so although its ok for now, I think I am in favor of flying returning at a later date.

ok enough about me. your turn!
Last edited by SylviaDragon on Wed Nov 19, 2014 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Chimera
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary (H), Silver Hand (A), Moon Guard (A)

Re: share your wod stories, screen shots and feedback!

Unread post by Chimera »

Haven't really done anything that would make me excited enough to storytell, but I do have a couple things to share... ^^

In Draenor, wolves ride Talbuks!
Not literally but.... It shocked me when I went to mount my Talbuk-in-Training while in Ghost Wolf form. I was laughing and running around my Garrison for so long lmao xD

And I never thought I'd get so stupidly emotional over a 2-part quest chain that literally only took a couple minutes to do and is over a bird but I cried a wee little bit when I returned to Veil Terokk and he was flying there with a ! over his head. I love this little birb. I think my new buddy and I are gonna be best friends <3 I'm keeping his name too, I feel really awkward renaming named minipets lmao. His name is Ikky~

Frostmarrow by LupisDarkmoon

| Dragon Cave | Magistream | Flight Rising |

Danielfboone
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Draka

Unread post by Danielfboone »

As for flying, I’m ok without it right now and am happy they streamlined flight paths. I think I prefer the new fps over manual flying. Travling within a zone on the other hand looks like it will become a pain pretty fast after you have explored it. already I am getting sick of being turned around/stuck/taking the long, long way through secret mountain paths to get to where I need to go. so although its ok for now, I think I am in favor of flying returning at a later date.
I totally agree.
Mindsprocket
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Mindsprocket »

I'm really enjoying the garrison, particularly collecting followers and sending them on missions. I could do that all day long! XD It's also great that we can get known NPCs as followers, like Lantresor of the Blade and Captain Taylor. I'm particularly happy that Fiona has joined my team. I love the caravan quests in EPL.

I've also build the Inn and the NPCs that show up to give you dungeon quests are also from old quests. I've had Budd from the Vashj'ir and Uldum quests, Johnny Awesome from Hillsbrad, Impsy from Felwood and guess who showed up yesterday?

It's Lilian Voss! I was so excited to see her! I guess she's officially confirmed alive now (Blizz seems to have had some internal arguments over that) and she's out to kill all the necromancers in Auchindoun! :D Unfortunately, I couldn't do her quest yesterday cause my ilvl isn't high enough for heroics yet. The quest is still in my log so I can still do it but Lilian is no longer in my Inn so we'll see how that works out. Will I be able to turn in the quest to someone else or do I have to wait until she shows up again?

On a different note, I wasn't really impressed with rylaks but I tamed one just to check it out and I love him! He's my main pet now. :)

And I agree on the flying. It's ok now but I'll be sooo relieved when we get it back. Some areas just are a real PITA to navigate on ground and that's gonna get really annoying really quickly. And it's normal to no longer pay attention to the surroundings once you've gotten used to them. So being able to pass over everthing quickly on a flying mount won't hurt the immersion anymore anyway.

Lok'tar ogar!

Danielfboone
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Lillian Voss isn't necessarily alive because she's a follower. Just look at Captain Taylor.
Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

Spirits seem very alive, this expansion. A whole bunch of followers are dead, and apparently just decided to stick around!

I only have one screenshot to show off at the moment. Mount training is... majestic.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

SylviaDragon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

I have really enjoyed seeing the return of so many old quest npcs as well. I was glad taylor stuck around. ;_; I was so excited when i found out I could get Fiona as a follower too! EPL became my favorite questing zone after I met her. Also, Voss is alive?! I am so glad to hear that! :D she is one of my favorite characters and I was worried she would vanish. I don't have my Inn up yet so I have not had a chance to meet her. how exciting!
So on the negative side of things, I’m not sure how I feel about proffesions right now. everything feels a little “too” simplified. Especialy gems and enchants. Its nice that I can craft my own gear and enchant it with my garrison but I don’t know. it borders on too easy for me. hm.
But on a brighter note I have to say that I am really enjoying the community right now. Its startling. (i have even seen polite and correct answers to questions in trade chat. :shock:)
i think that the way rares, quests, & the new and improved premade lfg tabs work have really brought a lot of players together after years of drifting apart.
i had to run MC twice since it bugged the first time. First time I did used the normal lfr system and it was..well...lfr. but when I joined a custom made group we had a much better time, more attentive players and less rage. it’s a hard raid and it can get laggy but in the end it was worth it and i recommend you bite the bullet and give it a try. we also all spontaneously decided to go lava fishing.
I also got to camp some of the new mount rares and to my great surprise i really enjoyed it. the experience is above and beyond every other rare I have ever camped. There have been a few jerks to watch out for, some groups are better than others. but overall most of the groups I have joined have been friendly and fun. I had a whole set of stuff lined up to keep me entertained during the camp but most of the time I just ended up talking to the other players, killing rares with them and leveling our fishing/cooking together. i even added a few new friends to my b.tag. Gone are the days of rage and paranoia i felt when camping timelost or aeonaxx.
I got the elekk but that was just by chance. pathrunner and nak came from a group camp. Path was a lot of fun and um... i think we may have started a pathrunner cult? Anyway everyone was really great and we managed to get everyone there + a few guildies, friends and shadowmoon questers before we even pulled him.
Nak was amazing. i mean it. the amount of patience and coordination between some 60+ strangers was kind of heartwarming. They had been camping for over 24 hours. Now and then players would drop out of the groop to check their own servers and report back. Camping him was really productive. Skinning, fishing, cooking, steamwheel rep rares. For a rare camp I got a lot done.
It was one of our multi server scouts who found him and pulled the whole raid over to his server. it was complete pandemonium.
once again the call went out in custom tab, guilds, btags and general chat. a huge swarm of players-many of them not even in the group, rushed towards nak. I was afraid one of these players would pull him. But no one did. One by one they arrive and stopped right in front of him. At last we were given the all clear. After waiting so long to find him everyone couldn’t wait to have him dead. But thing a single guy in the group said: "Guys, my wife just got on. she really wants this mount and is still flying over." nak was at 36%
"EVERYONE STOP!"
everyone stopped on command. the order was relayed to the non-raid members. nak sat at 20%. no one touched him. more non raid members started showing up. every player was greeted by "only give him a light tap. Don’t dps" and everyone did as they were asked.
Everyone.
even so, nack was slowly whittled down by these light taps. Everyone was screaming, asking where this guy’s wife was now. She showed up when he was literally at 1%.
"thanks for waiting for me guys." she gets her tag and nak falls. we probably had 60+ mounts given away that night.

Danielfboone
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

If you feign death while riding the corral talbuk, you wind up lying on him.
Danielfboone
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

I keep asking about Pathrunner groups but never get an answer on my server.
SylviaDragon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

I have done everything cross realm. I recommend going to the raid tab, click the premade groups option near the bottom and then from that list choose custom at the bottom. click find group and a list should show up showing groups for all sorts of stuff. pathrunner is one of the most common groups on there and half of them even know his last spawn time.