10 year anniversary!

Mindsprocket
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Re: 10 year anniversary!

Unread post by Mindsprocket »

Makoes wrote:Worried about ilv? Can easily "cheat" it with some Vendor gear from the Ring in Nagrand.
Oh, that's a good trick! I should've thought of that yesterday. I have done all the quests in Nagrand but my ilvl is still only 608. So completing the zone is no guarantee to get to 610. I guess it depends on how lucky you are with upgrades on your quest rewards and/or drops from rares in the zone.

Lok'tar ogar!

Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Emerald Dreams (EU)
Location: Ontario, Canada, but my heart (and account) is in Europe!

Unread post by Kurasu »

OK! I stand corrected that Twitter has confirmed there either is no lockout, or will be none (the guy I ran with said there was, but they may just be changing that). So that helps salve my anger more than a little right there!

Still ticked at the iLevel requirement. :( I may *have* to cheat it.

Re: Silver: I was able to do it at iLevel 560-something (and a heroic SoO hierloom bow) as a hunter. Silver was no problem at all.
Come see Kurasu's stables!
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

For gearing up there's also a handy list of rares on wowhead that have the good loot drops :)
http://www.wowhead.com/news=244538/guid ... pawns-mail
Danielfboone
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Draka

Unread post by Danielfboone »

I managed to get my Ilvl up high enough to do MC last night. It's 615 that you need by the way, not 610. I did 2 normal dungeons and got some 615 stuff but that only took me to 608. I bought the Gladiator bow at the ring and that's when I found out you needed 615. I tried to queue for Heroic dungeons but I needed the silver proving grounds achievement. I went there with my equipped Ilvl at 608 and after failing the silver mode 4 times, finally got it. I then ran Heroic Slagmines and got shoulders but my Ilvl was still only 613 (equipped 610). I then went to Wowhead and looked up leggings in WoD since mine were only 588 and holding me back. I found that a rare called Bonebreaker in Nagrand dropped nice 620 legs. I went to him, killed him and no legs. However, on my way to him, I found another rare called Mr. Pinchy Sr.. I killed him and he dropped an empty crawdad trap. A 616 trinket that summons 2 lobstroks to fight for you. It upgraded to epic lvl 626 when I looted it and that put me at an average Ilvl of 615. It was then something like 5 AM but I decided to see what the queue was like for MC. It started out at 10 minutes but then jumped to an hour after about 5 minutes. I almost cancelled it and went to bed but another 10 minutes went by and it said 36 minutes. Shortly after that, it popped and I was in.

The group wiped twice on the Corehound packs before Magmadar mainly because our stupid main tank wouldn't wait for one pack to despawn before pulling another. We wiped another couple of times on trash packs as we went through the instance. We never wiped on a boss though. At about 10 AM, we finally got to Rag and one shotted him pretty easily. So, I now have the mount and a level 640 helm. My equipped Ilvl is still only 613 but the average is 616.

It was an ordeal but I did it. :D I think they did an excellent job updating the instance. It brought back many fond memories and was a lot of fun.
Kalhoun
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Ghostlands (H) & Kirin Tor (A)

Unread post by Kalhoun »

I'm hoping my hubby and I will have enough time to get to 100 and gear up for this. We play pretty casually, but hubby should be hitting 90 tonight and we can start leveling in Draenor afterwards. :)
Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

I got to 610 very easily within 1 or two normals, then got to 620 with a few heroics.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

Makoes wrote:Worried about ilv? Can easily "cheat" it with some Vendor gear from the Ring in Nagrand. My guild just did that today, we all got vendor gear to "fool" the LFR, and then did a successful LFR MC and got our Mounts and Helms :D
Wow thats handy to know - i've had a bad run in norms and was going to finish nagrand questing now I have the dwarven bunker to help with the chance of upgrade. I think i'm just below 610 and did the silver proving grounds pretty easy :)

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

Aleu
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord.

Unread post by Aleu »

Makoes wrote:Worried about ilv? Can easily "cheat" it with some Vendor gear from the Ring in Nagrand. My guild just did that today, we all got vendor gear to "fool" the LFR, and then did a successful LFR MC and got our Mounts and Helms :D
Where is that vendor anyhow? I haven't done much in Nagrand, but I'm sitting at 606 and I'm tired of waiting almost an hour for a normal only to get bad groups and pretty much no loot.

NEW SIGNATURE PENDING... SOON.
{Flight Rising}

Danielfboone
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Draka

Unread post by Danielfboone »

Aleu wrote:
Where is that vendor anyhow? I haven't done much in Nagrand, but I'm sitting at 606 and I'm tired of waiting almost an hour for a normal only to get bad groups and pretty much no loot.
He's at the Ring of Trials. Just go around on the outside until you find him.
Boven
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn

Unread post by Boven »

TygerDarkstorm wrote:Considering the raid is running until January 5th, I don't see why you would have to "grind the heck" out of something. There's a whole month to reach the needed ilvl to get into the raid.
Eh. While the mount is a given, the pets and helm aren't. It'd be good to have as many chances as possible for those.

I got a couple upgrades in Nagrand on Saturday, one of which nicely upgraded to epic, but was still only at 610 or so. So, I did the lazy thing and went into the zergfest that is Ashran. The epic leggings and blue chest from that got me high enough ilevel last night. I'll probably try queuing for MC tonight.
MaximumOverdrive
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by MaximumOverdrive »

Has anyone tried queing recently? 2 hours for the que...and all I hear are horror stories from my friends about it...is it really that bad?
Aleu
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord.

Unread post by Aleu »

MaximumOverdrive wrote:Has anyone tried queing recently? 2 hours for the que...and all I hear are horror stories from my friends about it...is it really that bad?
It took me about 3 hours to get into one. We managed to clear it in about 2 an half hours after a bunch of hiccups. Then again I'm a pure dps, so the queues for healers and tanks may be shorter. Really you just have to run it once to get the mount. Not sure about the pet and the helm. I got the helm after my first run, but no pet sadly.

NEW SIGNATURE PENDING... SOON.
{Flight Rising}

Makoes
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

Mount and helm are guaranteed on the first run (and helm is a 100% drop of Reg regardless of how many runs you've done or so it has been for me on all my runs) Pet however has a lower (RNG) drop rate...makes it very time consuming to farm...

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Yeah, I really want the minipet (for collectionist reasons), but I don't know if I have it in me to chain run the place when it takes so long to clear. I'll try it again next week maybe. It would be really nice to get it, and I don't really care about the weapon enchant because thpt, bows and guns. But yes, the mount and helm are a guaranteed drop your first run through. :)
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

I'm just glad they did not make it real old school and make you have to wait in trade chat spamming for raids XD
MaximumOverdrive
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Well I waited 2 hours last night before I got in. Spent about 2 hours in there and was over halfway done, then that DDoS attack happened and booted everyone. Great waste of my time. Trying again today...2 hours waiting in queue again...avg wait time is changing from 11 min to 4 hours...is that thing just horrible messed up?
MaximumOverdrive
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Double post.

After 3 hours in queue, finally got it. Wiped on second set of mobs. After that, had 3 near wipes.

Luckily we finished in about 2 hours. Also lucky, I managed to get the pet.

Now I understand why all my friends refused to go back in there with me lol. That was a nightmare, even with it going smoothly. I will never set foot in that again.
Last edited by MaximumOverdrive on Sun Nov 30, 2014 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Did it with my guild. We had 30 people.

-LFR Pug mage kept pulling the corehounds when we told him not to
-Said mage then popped heroism during the corehound pulls...wasting it.
-Kicked said mage then a shaman and warrior friends with him facepulled all the corehounds and boss then left
-LFR Pug priest was bragging how he was dispelling the most...when he healed the least.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

I was excited for this and after doing it...omg so long for so little! They really should of given all the bosses random loot or something!! I'm not asking for "welfare" epics (before someone starts that old record up) but just give us...something before Rag. Its like 3hrs for a hat and maaaaaybe a pet. No way would I run it multiple times on one toon as my alts will be painful enough for the helm :S

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~