New Blood Elf Model Preview

Tankperson
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Re: New Blood Elf Model Preview

Unread post by Tankperson »

Too bad I just turned my BE hunter into a Troll, love the troll updates just really made them feel all new again.
Slickrock
Illustrious Master Hunter

Unread post by Slickrock »

Ok, I'm done and out. Now ya'll are tearing these apart, trying to make them "human". You do realize they are another species, right?
Account has been closed at user's request.
Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Burning Blade, Frostwolf, Proudmoore

Unread post by Lupen202 »

...Huh?

All any of us have talked about in regards to changes is decreasing the distance between the nose & mouth - that is a change that would make them closer to the original. It's hardly a drastic change and far from "tearing them apart", unless you're talking about something else & I just misunderstood.

Neiara - NE Hunter - Burning Blade (US) - Denial of Service

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

Slickrock wrote:Ok, I'm done and out. Now ya'll are tearing these apart, trying to make them "human". You do realize they are another species, right?
Oh Slick :lol: This was your 1st post in this thread right? You need to be in and start 1st, to done and out, you so funny.

I personally like all the variants of the female models thus far, the original and most of the edits. Some of them are so small (yet make quite a difference) I really can't see blizzard not giving very similar options within the facial options to pick from. I dont see these being that difficult to rig, they are not nearly as complex as some of the other races facial variants.

My personal hope, is that they do add a few more variants for the boys too, after seeing the mouth - lip - nose gap, I just can't unsee it :lol: I don't mind it as an option, but hope they don't end up using this as a similar proportion/layout. Just have to wait and see I guess :)

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

I really like them. I can see why some people might find the long faces off, but I had a friend point out it gives them a very elegant, stern sort of expression and I like that idea of the female BE models looking a little more fierce. When you get down to it, BEs are a race that have been kicked to the ground and crawled back up from nothing. Having that stern determined look reflect there makes me happy.

All I know is they've done well and my BE Pally can't WAIT for the update. My only hope is that the ears remain expressive. My favorite thing is when you do various emotes the ears bend and what not--if they do that it'll make my day.
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

Well least they have nice nipples right? I mean it's not a junk slider but a girl can dream :P
Rhyela
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

Ahaha, you never fail to make me giggle, cow. :P

I'm cool with them having different facial options, like they do for other races currently. Some long faces, some rounder faces, etc. I mean, the long face isn't necessarily off-putting for me, it just feels a little different than the original. That's all. But like I said, overall I still think they look great, and I can't wait to see all the options they come out with! :D Oh, and the updated hairstyles, too!

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Terenas, Argent Dawn

Unread post by Krysteena »

Ahh. Blood elves are looking fabulous as always :) still got those eyebrows that poke through their hair somehow (must be good wax they use) but that's fine. I can't expect them to animate eyebrows perfectly can I? :lol:

The space between the nose and mouth bugs me, but overall Blizzard have done a good job ^_^
Rhyela
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

I will say that if we have a choice between taking the new models as they are, or Blizzard going to the extreme and doing something crazy with a re-work.....I'll take the original. The last thing we need is another rushed re-design. Just sayin'. :lol:

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

The new Blood Elf models will be available for 6.1.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Doc Privas
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Unread post by Doc Privas »

Ziroth wrote:now to be fair they should do worgens :P
and i know they are still new. shouldnt be left out :P
And goblins too. All the races should be on 'pandaren quality' standard imho, because they have better models than the original ones but still outdated by now. :)

Anyway I really like the male belf revamp so I created a belf paladin! Can't wait for 6.1 to level him!

Cloudstrider - Highmountain Tauren Hunter
Argent Dawn EU

Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Agreed.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine