Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Re: No Flying in WoD period

Unread post by Lisaara »

Reddit isn't official. Official is blue posts. End of story.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

AdamSavage

Unread post by AdamSavage »

Junrei wrote:Reddit isn't official. Official is blue posts. End of story.
While that may be true, it was a official Blizzard person posting on a non official site. It still would of been nice of them to use the official outlets, then hear about it from others.. But what can you do ? What's done is done.
I believe if you can believe out of nothing an explosion (big bang) happened then how far fetched can god be?

Dr. Who Video!

Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

That much I will say is true. Must've been an interview of sorts. But 99% of the time, they do use official outlets like the forums, mmo champ, wowhead, etc.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Arthur
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Staghelm

Unread post by Arthur »

AdamSavage wrote: So you can have your ground mounts, and enjoy being stuck on the ground. Nothing I say, will change that. I will always be labeled a "Pro Flyer" simply because I really enjoy flying. It's a combined effort of Blizzard trying to slow us down, and because of people that enjoy being grounded so much, that we don't have flying. So claps yourselves on the back, and be happy while those who actually want to fly have to pay the price. I will keep playing for now, as I got nothing better to play but I will eventually grow bored of the expansion. Outside of raiding, and doing the daily. Nothing really left for me to do.

Thanks for completely ignoring my previous post. I guess being polite doesn't warrant a response. Cool. So..

Guess I will not bother any more.

P.S Temporary ""Flying Mounts"" for Hunters:

Step 1. Have Aviana's Feather
Step 2. Use it, Aspect of the Fox, Cast a mount spell quickly in a row
Step 3. Congrats! You're now temporarily ""flying""

Imagemounts - pets - armoryImage

"If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor."

AdamSavage

Scarlet wrote:Thanks for completely ignoring my previous post. I guess being polite doesn't warrant a response. Cool. So..

Guess I will not bother any more.

P.S Temporary ""Flying Mounts"" for Hunters:

Step 1. Have Aviana's Feather
Step 2. Use it, Aspect of the Fox, Cast a mount spell quickly in a row
Step 3. Congrats! You're now temporarily ""flying""
I'm confused, what did I ignore ? I read over your post several times, and I still can't see what I Ignored. It wasn't intentional. Also, I didn't know about the Aspect of the Fox trick. I'm going to try that.
I believe if you can believe out of nothing an explosion (big bang) happened then how far fetched can god be?

Dr. Who Video!

Danielfboone
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Draka

Unread post by Danielfboone »

I'm a lot more positive on the expansion as a whole. I love the Garrisons and think it's one of the best things they have ever done. However, it is correct that they kept us in the dark and for that matter, still are.

I was fine with no flying while leveling and even waiting for the first patch which is how it was first presented to us. I was really looking forward to having a somewhat involved quest line to gain flying back. I thought it would be a great idea and better than just selling the ability at a vendor. Now there's at least a possibility we won't get it back at all. The fact that the CE mount can be flown outside of Draenor really doesn't cut it for me. It was a part of the package for THIS expansion and should be fully useable in it at some point in the near future. Since patch 6.1 is not here yet or even on the PTR, I'm still holding out hope they change their mind. It's a small hope admittedly but the fact that they said the developers didn't even know it wasn't planned makes me wonder. Until it happens it's not a done deal.

A point of interest is that I was one of the first ones who said on this forum that Blizzard was thinking about the idea of no flying and there was a flood of posts, many from the same people who are defending Blizzard now, saying I was wrong and even making things up. It's funny how things change sometimes.
Danielfboone
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Draka

Unread post by Danielfboone »

Junrei wrote:Reddit isn't official. Official is blue posts. End of story.
Even then they aren't always carved in stone as we have seen numerous times in the past.
AdamSavage

Danielfboone wrote:I'm a lot more positive on the expansion as a whole. I love the Garrisons and think it's one of the best things they have ever done. However, it is correct that they kept us in the dark and for that matter, still are.
But we are wrong, remember ? They didn't keep us in the dark. :roll: *sarcasm*

Dr. Who Video!

SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

Looks like they have finally confirmed that here will be no flying in WoD and most likely in further expansions. Personally I think this is too far, even if they allow flying in the final patch of an expansion at the very least, I'd be ok with that.
I doubt I'll be leveling a few of my alts at this rate, and to explore/fly through the sky's of WoD would have been so exciting/beautiful, even if it was much much later in the expansion. None at all... Why even make mounts that can fly anymore? :(

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
AdamSavage

I don't get this decision at all.. After such a big sub loss, they pull this ?? What about my ICC mount I had to beg and bribe a friend to help me get.. now it's a ground mount on current and new content ??? NOT FAIR! I don't want to use it in old content, because it reminds me of how much I love flying, and I get depressed when I'm forced on my ground mount. I put up with them gutting the professions, and stayed faithful to my hunter using BM even when it sucked... Yet this for me, is crossing the line. I'm not not sure I will ever come back.. I miss playing my Hunter, Lock and Spriest...but to permanently take away something I earned, and enjoy on all new content...

This is going to have a really bad impact on WOW... Some where ok with no flying for a patch, or even expansion. but to take it away forever, on all new stuff ? That's crossing the line. I almost came back, as the new patch sounded interesting.. but after reading this.. Forget it. It's like they are TRYING to kill off the game for some reason... I don't understand the logic behind this.. They are already down to 7.1 Subs.. The lowest it's been since 2006, and I'm going to guess it will drop even lower. How low, is anyone's guess. My best guess.. It will drop another 3 Million, possibly even more. WOTLK was the strongest Expansion, and yet they didn't seem to learn anything from it. As a result the Subs have continued to drop since Cata came out.

Below is what a Forum MVP wrote:
Lissanna wrote:That's fine. If I can't have the convenience of flying, I'll just never, ever leave my garrison to go exploring anywhere ever again. I'll just play World of Raiding and Garrisons.

When Garrisons get blamed for the ills of removing flying, and garrisons get removed in 7.0 to promote "exploring", I'll have to re-evaluate if this game is worth my time or not.

No flying is fine while leveling and content is new and current. No flying while content is old and stale a year to two years later? I'm over that. Flying is what makes me want to go out and explore old leveling zones a year into the expansion - because it introduces a new way to see the world.

I don't care about exploring on a ground mount in leveling areas at max level, because exploring mostly just means totally needless inconvenience to get places. There's no such thing as real exploring at max level. To get places, you just look up the "correct" path to get from point A to point B on wowhead or other website tools the first time. After the first time, you already know everything about that path after that one singular experience. I really don't feel like being inconvenienced when a flying mount would give me a better way to get over some stupid mountain for the hundredth time I needed to get over it. Getting lost trying to find the one singular correct path over a mountain is neither exploring nor fun to me. It gets even worse the 100th time I have to take that same path around that same mountain in my way. I'd be fine if access to my flying mount required me to complete some sort of 'explorer' achievement for me to prove that the content is old.

I was fine with spaces like the Timeless Isle that were no flying bubbles (small, contained spaces where flying didn't feel needed). I'm not fine with no flying in Nagrand a year into being level 100.

If flying mounts are basically gone forever, then Blizzard needs to stop selling flying-enabled mounts, stop giving away flying-enabled mounts as rewards, and stop producing marketing advertisements that include misleading flying scenes. If flying is bad for the game, then stop using flying as a marketing tool.

In the end, I'm fine with playing World of Raiding and Garrisons. I love raiding and I love garrisons. I just don't even really miss the outside world at all this far into the expansion.
Last edited by AdamSavage on Sat May 23, 2015 1:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dr. Who Video!

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Damn. I hoped it would be enabled in the older zones eventually. The zone content is starting to feel tired. While I'm nowhere near as worked up as Lissanna clearly is, I'm still very disappointed by this.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
AdamSavage

Wain wrote:Damn. I hoped it would be enabled in the older zones eventually. The zone content is starting to feel tired. While I'm nowhere near as worked up as Lissanna clearly is, I'm still very disappointed by this.
At which one point though, do you draw the line ? If you let them get away with this, then how far/long are you willing to let Blizzard make more bad decisions ? You have to put your foot down eventually. You, and everyone else who pays to play the game owns the game. It's their game, and not blizzards. If nobody played, they would be hurting.

Dr. Who Video!

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

I honestly don't think it's a bad decision. I've become so used to not flying now that I think that I would feel weird flying in WoD zones now.
AdamSavage

cowmuflage wrote:I honestly don't think it's a bad decision. I've become so used to not flying now that I think that I would feel weird flying in WoD zones now.
I don't expect everyone to feel the same way. If they did, they would of killed WOW overnight. From what I've seen on the polls, it's split 50/50 for now. Time will tell... I'm waiting for them to come out and say this expansion was never designed for flying to begin with. I will be surprised if they don't say it. I have a gut feeling it was never intended for flying. They have hinted at it, but came short of saying it.

Dr. Who Video!

AdamSavage

Seems someone even made a petition over this. I must admit, this is a first.

https://www.change.org/p/blizzard-ent-c ... he-players

EDIT: Another good MVP Post, and this one isn't on Blizzard's side.
Omegal wrote:The topic could be about the color of the roof on garrison building for all i care. To me it's a statement of disregarding community interest.When the game launched, the flying vs no flying was about a 50/50 bias because it was supposed to be short term. However, the 50% or so that were for no flying, VERY few of them were for it FOREVER. just short term. The samples now are far more like 90/10 now. Flying was meant to come back after a couple patches, where for example no flying would be the new zone (tenaan) and flying in old zones to better enjoy alts or archaeology or what not. To say "not now, not ever" is low blow to so many.

If blizzard disregards that, then it's an open statement that basically says "screw what you want" It's impossible to make EVERYONE happy, but you should always aim to make the larger majority happy, and trust me, right now the larger majority is UNhappy. How they react to that will be a huge statement on the devs going forward.

Dr. Who Video!

Makoes
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

Mixed feelings on this, on one side, I love the challenge of figuring out how to get to certain area's and treasures. On the other hand I don't always have time to play, and being flightless severely limits what I can get done in what little time I have to play.

I seem to recall awhile back Blizzard saying they regretted introducing flying into the game, as it took away a lot of the experiences they wanted for the game.

It would also seem to me that since flight was added to the game, many players feel a certain sense of "entitlement" to it.
As with every expansion, Blizzard adds and removes abilities, perks, achievements, etc. This is done to balance, direct, and/or guide the game/experience in a certain direction. We might not always agree with the changes or outcomes, and some are eventually re-implemented or certain things that never were, are added in it's place to reach a middle ground between Blizzard and the player base.

I do not however believe that just because I pay a subscription that I "own" the game, any more then I believe paying rent on an apartment means I own the building. I think that as someone who pays a subscription, my opinion on changes that effect me deserve consideration but I won't delude myself into believing that my opinion is a command to be obeyed.

I would like to see (if flight is no-longer part of the content from here on out) to see the price of flight licences decreased, and ground speed's increased by a reasonable percentage.

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

No, it's their game. My tiny subscription gets me the right to access the content and nothing more. It doesn't buy me a share. If I subscribe to Netflix and they decide not to show the shows I like to watch any more, I can cancel my subscription but I can't claim my tiny bit of money gives me the right to force them to change their minds. I can hope they listen and do it anyway, though.

But I'm not going to become all activist on this and pretend it's a serious matter. The earth just shook and I saw people dead in front of me who were minutes before going about their lives or enjoying a holiday. This is an in-game disappointment but it's nothing much.
AdamSavage

Ok it's their game, and as someone who pays for them to design the game.. You have a voice, but what good is that voice when they don't listen to it. Even the MVP'S are being Vocal about this, and that's typically something they don't do. I still say though, if you dislike the decision enough then let them know loud and clear that this is not a good one.

Dr. Who Video!

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I believe they are listening and they must be super aware of how much this is hurting them. Which tells me they believe really, really strongly that this is the way to go long-term if they can stick to it knowing how much resentment it generates.

I can see their point for current content. I've always liked the fact that we were grounded for a new expansion. I'm just disappointed that flying won't return as the content ages.