Is LFR too easy in WoD?

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Re: Is LFR too easy in WoD?

Unread post by cowmuflage »

AdamSavage wrote:
cowmuflage wrote:Mogushan was pretty dang easy when I did it in LFR.
You can stand in stuff in the current LFR and not die.. I remember the wipes on trash on the 1st LFR in MOP. This LFR is a joke.. Not a single wipe, not even a single person died. I was in an out on the 1st wing in less then 20 min.
I did the first too highmual wings again today. They where as easy as Mogushan was back in MoP

LFR is never meant to be hard. It's just meant to be a walktrough of the raid. That's what it's always been. It's just there to show you the raid. It's not a challenge, if you want that do the proper raids.

That's how I've always seen LFR as.

We had a few people die in the last two bosses of the second wing.

Hell we now have 4 levels of raid difficulty now! Shouldn't that be enough?
Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

On the second wing of the new LFR, we had half the raid dead during the rock boss(I forget his name).

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

We wiped at the twins after him XD Nearly did at the guy after him too. one of our tanks died like 6 times in that fight :lol:
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Damn...that's a squishy tank! We had about 10 people dead on the twins, maybe a bit more. The second wing is a bit tough. Not like uber hard or anything. Just tough.

LisaaraPokefarm

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

Yeah he was not that good of a tank. But on the good side he was nice!
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Nice tanks are great. Maybe he's kinda new to it.

LisaaraPokefarm

Danielfboone
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Draka

Unread post by Danielfboone »

I did the second wing and the tanks had no problems whatsoever and I didn't notice that a single person died in any of the fights. I now have 24 stones too after 3 runs. So much for them dropping at a lower rate. Yes, it is a little stronger than the first wing but just very slightly and still too easy. Like Adam said, you can literally ignore the bad stuff on the ground and only move when you are finished with your casting and then only move because you know you're supposed to.

All I meant by objecting to the term "faceroll" is that I am totally sick of seeing it used by people who also turn around and call other players "bads" and imply they are not worthy to see any raid content. I was not directing anything at anyone here or suggesting they were that type of person, just at the usage of the term itself and it's connection to that attitude which is very prevalent in the official forums. I don't mind people saying something is a cakewalk or a walk in the park or something similar but faceroll is just offensive and as I said, innacurate. Heck I'll say it myself, the current LFR is a cakewalk and a walk in the park. It is easier than LFR has ever been before.
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

Good thing we now have 4 levels of raid difficulty then. LFR has always been a cakewalk.
Rhyela
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

I haven't done Highmaul, or MC for that matter, because I'm new to tanking and terrified that I'm going to be awful and get everyone killed. But if everyone is saying that LFR is this easy, then that makes someone like me very happy because it gives me a chance to get my feet wet, experience tanking a raid with a billion other people, and get a little more comfortable with the role before diving into the real stuff.

I just passed the gold tanking trial last night (first time, and barely!) - does anyone know if the gold trial is what I should expect from LFR, or a normal mode raid? Like I said, I'm really new to this. I enjoy tanking, but I'm paranoid. I don't want to let people down.

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
AdamSavage

Unread post by AdamSavage »

Rhyela wrote:I haven't done Highmaul, or MC for that matter, because I'm new to tanking and terrified that I'm going to be awful and get everyone killed. But if everyone is saying that LFR is this easy, then that makes someone like me very happy because it gives me a chance to get my feet wet, experience tanking a raid with a billion other people, and get a little more comfortable with the role before diving into the real stuff.

I just passed the gold tanking trial last night (first time, and barely!) - does anyone know if the gold trial is what I should expect from LFR, or a normal mode raid? Like I said, I'm really new to this. I enjoy tanking, but I'm paranoid. I don't want to let people down.
If you can do Gold Tanking, I think you will be fine.
I believe if you can believe out of nothing an explosion (big bang) happened then how far fetched can god be?

Dr. Who Video!

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

Rhyela wrote:I haven't done Highmaul, or MC for that matter, because I'm new to tanking and terrified that I'm going to be awful and get everyone killed. But if everyone is saying that LFR is this easy, then that makes someone like me very happy because it gives me a chance to get my feet wet, experience tanking a raid with a billion other people, and get a little more comfortable with the role before diving into the real stuff.

You should be fine :3 After all LFR is there so people can learn! I'm sure you will be a good tank!
Danielfboone
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

The thing is this; the only raiding I did in MoP except for 2 partial flex raids in SoO was all LFR. It's likely that this expansion will be no different since my guild has no raiding plans and the guild I raided with in Cata doesn't either. So, if all I will see is LFR, I'd like it to be at least on the level of what it was in Cata and MoP but it isn't and isn't that much fun. I hate changing guilds but maybe I'll have to. I tried a group finder normal Highmaul and it didn't go well at all. We downed the first boss one shot but then wiped about 5 times on Butcher and everybody gave up.

Also, I would agree that if you can pass the gold tanking trial, you should be fine in LFR. Even Silver would probably be good enough.
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

The Butcher is one of the hardest bosses in Highmaul so of course you're gonna wipe on him. And yes, if you want to do the challenging raiding, you'll need to go into a raiding guild or pug. You have many sources to do that. I actually really like OpenRaid when I was pugging.

LisaaraPokefarm

Makoes
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

I think it depends a lot on how smoothly the groups you get put in with are...Some fights have gone very quickly and smoothly, but other's like the one I was in today was a constant wipe after wipe. But LFR itself was never meant to be "hard." It's meant for a brief introduction to the base fights, where buffs, flasks and vent are not really needed. You have a bunch of random people thrown together and let loose on the bosses without any prior workings with them, so you don't know their tendencies or quirks, and the LFR is designed to be easy enough for all these people to be able to kill everything.

If you have a group that works together and minds the mechanics and avoids standing in bad stuff, LFR can be very easy and quick. If you have a group that stands in stuff, ignores mechanics, and runs in all directions attacking different targets, then it will be harder.

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

Danielfboone
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Of course I never said it should be hard. Of course it should be easier than normal. What I'm saying is that it's too easy now as opposed to any time in the past and that the jump to normal from LFR is too great. If it was how it was in MoP, it would be perfect.
Novikova
Realm: Moooooooon Guard. SC/FM.

Unread post by Novikova »

Eh, I dunno about that. It's supposed to be easyish. Normal is what flex mode was. I'm okay with not being curb stomped by content.
Image Sofia, the remarkably purple spirit cat as drawn by Ket Shi. :D

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... e&id=50139 - Dragon Lair at flight rising!
Equeon
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Thorium Brotherhood

Unread post by Equeon »

I agree that the first wing is laughably easy, but I think the second wing is in a good spot.
Some people still died to the basic fire/whirlwind/"stand in bad" mechanics and it was our main tank's first time doing the raid, so we wiped once on the second and third bosses. It's just my experience, but I feel that should be enough for a first-tier LFR.
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

Equeon wrote:I agree that the first wing is laughably easy, but I think the second wing is in a good spot.
Some people still died to the basic fire/whirlwind/"stand in bad" mechanics and it was our main tank's first time doing the raid, so we wiped once on the second and third bosses. It's just my experience, but I feel that should be enough for a first-tier LFR.
In that twin boss fight every time I've done it we have had people die to the fire and the whirlwind. XD
AdamSavage

Unread post by AdamSavage »

Cleared the 2nd wing today, with no wipes. We had a few people die, but we downed each boss on the 1st try.. The best, is that it happened on a Monday. Which for our Realm group is the worst day you can run LFR. Tuesday being the best day. The twins fight was the one fight with the most deaths.. So LFR isn't as easy as I once thought.. I likely should of waited till I cleared more wings, before coming to any conclusion.

That being said, I still personally think it's still the easiest LFR to date. This of course, is my own personal opinion based on what I've been told, and heard from a large group of other players. The exp will of course differ from person to person/realm group to realm group. Luck will likely also play a factor.

Should be interesting to see the rest of the raid.
I believe if you can believe out of nothing an explosion (big bang) happened then how far fetched can god be?

Dr. Who Video!

Danielfboone
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

There isn't much left to see. Only the final boss remains. I still say that an LFR where you haven't seen the first instance of the post wipe buff being used and the raid just opened, is too easy.