Support the Playable Arakkoa thread.

SylviaDragon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Drenden/illidan

Support the Playable Arakkoa thread.

Unread post by SylviaDragon »

I know there are a few petopians out there who fell in love with the new Arakkoa models and spoke about wanting to see them as a player race. Its not much but there are a few players over on the wow forums who have been making threads in an attempt to gain notice and support as well as brainstorm various ideas for the race. They have recently made a mega thread to combine their joint efforts into one big stash of info.
I know most of us avoid the wow forums but if anyone would like to go add their voice to things I'm sure they would appreciate the positive support.
they are also bouncing ideas back and forth for things such as racial leaders, level 1-10 storyline and joke/flirt emotes if you feel like adding anything to the conversation.
Or just give the first post a like and add a comment saying you want playable Arakkoa. every little bit helps.
*edit*
we capped the thread! here is the new thread: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/15699384278

come give us a visit if you want. :) just trying to get them noticed a little more.

EDIT:

to clarify for those who don't want to read 11+ pages of stuff...

the first post is a collection of ideas, suggestion and speculation from multiple players with various views and opinions. these are suggestions and not something that has been written in stone. quest ideas, class restrictions and so forth are all just ideas. if you don't like some of them or have something you want to add, speak up!

The most supported ideas concerning where these Arakkoa would come from involves the cursed Arakkoa outcasts finding a way to remove their curse during their starting zone quests.
other ideas involve the Order of the Awakened joining us or skyreach prisoners about to be cast into the blood being freed and choosing to join one of the factions. So the majority are supporting the idea of a non cursed "good" arakkoa.

as far as what faction they would be, the majority favor them being neutral. Although others have voiced this wish for Alliance to get them so horde can have ogres.

link to capped threads:
1 http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic ... 709?page=1
2 http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic ... 619?page=1
Last edited by SylviaDragon on Sat Jan 10, 2015 1:39 am, edited 7 times in total.

Arthur
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Staghelm

Re: Support the Playable Arakkoa thread.

Unread post by Arthur »

Oh wow, that's a lot of cool ideas there! I'd LOVE playable Arakkoa. <3!

Imagemounts - pets - armoryImage

"If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor."

Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Omg yes! All my yes!

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

zedxrgal
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

I am not in full support of this. They're a gorgeous race but the suggestions on the WoW forum thread have me immediately shuddering. I'll have to ponder this. I didn't read ALL 10 pages. But first and foremost .......................
NO ARAKKOA DEATH KNIGHTS!!!
There is NO WAY, lore wise, an Arakkoa could have been turned by Arthas etc.

I feel the same about worgen! Worgen were, by lore, immune to being turned. It's even part of the main starter story line for the undead race!!!!

But yeah. No DK Arakkoa.

And, TO ME, I think druids rank up there with DK's.

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

SylviaDragon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Well they are just ideas and suggestions. no one there has the power to set anything in stone. just brainstorm about it. The class comments came from multiple players of deferring opinions so the thread creator just put the various arguments all in one place so everyone can mull over them. add your own views to it if you like. I agree about the Death knights. Arthas is dead after all. Even the one who made the thread states that they are highly unlikely and simply pointed out a way to make them possible if the devs really wanted them to be.

I'm on the fence about the druid myself. There are ways it can happen and its fun to think of the possibilities but that too is in the less likely category on the front page. From what I have seen a lot of players want them as druids but not everyone will agree on every single detail.

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Druids I wouldn't object to so long as the lore can make it make sense. BUT DKs, I would have to say no to as well. The worgen existed during the lich king by lore but the Arrakoa, the ones from Draenor, did not, therefore they shouldn't be.

LisaaraPokefarm

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I'm yet to see a person who wouldn't love playable Arakkoa :) And the different NPCs we encounter in the game seem to give away what kinds of classes they have links to. They'd be a lot of fun.

But most of all, I just want to see more of Reshad and Percy (and Ornekka) in the game. My favourite characters of the expansion by far :)
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Bowno »

I'm afraid I'm that one person, Wain xD

They're cool. But I can't see them being on Horde or Ally. Not our Arakkoa. Of course, I'm also that person that doesn't agree with Pandas and Worgen being playable xD

However, I don't want to get into a debate and make people upset. I can see a lot of people really like the idea of them and I don't want to be the one to ruin that. If for what ever they do become playable, hopefully they give them some new animations.. Not just reused female worgen ones.

Siggy under construction!

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Wain wrote:I'm yet to see a person who wouldn't love playable Arakkoa :) And the different NPCs we encounter in the game seem to give away what kinds of classes they have links to. They'd be a lot of fun.

But most of all, I just want to see more of Reshad and Percy (and Ornekka) in the game. My favourite characters of the expansion by far :)
Mine too! BTW...Reshad = Megatron(g1 and TF Prime). Makes it even better cause it's the exact same voice. XD You can REALLY hear it when you click him to annoy him.

LisaaraPokefarm

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

Only if they where non flying ones.

Fuck those flying dicks.
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Not all the fliers are dicks. Hell, you get a druid flier as a follower.

LisaaraPokefarm

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

Eh even so the non flying type have been way nicer then most of the flying type. Sure there are a few nice flying ones but most are dicks.

I'd go for flightless as a playable race more. Just easier with mounts and all that.

Just thought I'd put my two cents in!
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

And the two cents is appreciated. I'd play em regardless, tbh.

LisaaraPokefarm

SylviaDragon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

The most supported idea is that the cursed Arakkoa outcasts find a way to remove their curse during their starting zone quests.
other ideas involve the Order of the Awakened joining us or skyreach prisoners about to be cast into the blood being freed and choosing to join one of the factions. the "bad guys" don't get an party invitation. :P

Danielfboone
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Draka

Unread post by Danielfboone »

Wain wrote:I'm yet to see a person who wouldn't love playable Arakkoa :) And the different NPCs we encounter in the game seem to give away what kinds of classes they have links to. They'd be a lot of fun.

I'm one who would be against it. They just don't fit as playable for me. They would limp along like the NPC ones do? The Jin'yu would be better. All in all though, I say we don't need any more playable races, ever.
Arthur
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Staghelm

Unread post by Arthur »

They're talking about the non cursed ones if you'd read the thread. Why do you feel the need to be constantly negative about everything?

And here, for everyone:

If you don't like a class or race, don't play it.

That's basically what it boils down to.

Oh and on the subject of them being 'dicks'.. Well, yes, some are dicks. But what race in WoW doesn't have a couple dicks? Literally all of them do. I'm not arguing with you, I just wanted to point that out, even though it's probably obvious. :'D

Imagemounts - pets - armoryImage

"If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor."

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Scarlet wrote:They're talking about the non cursed ones if you'd read the thread. Why do you feel the need to be constantly negative about everything?

And here, for everyone:

Oh and on the subject of them being 'dicks'.. Well, yes, some are dicks. But what race in WoW doesn't have a couple dicks? Literally all of them do. I'm not arguing with you, I just wanted to point that out, even though it's probably obvious. :'D
Is true! Garrosh being one of the biggest dicks of all!

LisaaraPokefarm

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

Scarlet wrote:They're talking about the non cursed ones if you'd read the thread. Why do you feel the need to be constantly negative about everything?

And here, for everyone:

There is nothing wrong with saying why you don't want them as a race. That's the point of threads to discuss things.

If you don't want to read it don't, That's basically what it boils down to :p
Silivren
Realm: Sunbeam Ruins, Tamriel, Westeros, Thedas, etc.

Unread post by Silivren »

cowmuflage wrote:

And here, for everyone:

There is nothing wrong with saying why you don't want them as a race. That's the point of threads to discuss things.

I do agree with Scarlet though, the thread is titled "Support" not discuss/tear down/say why it shouldn't be. It's directing people to a thread so that they can support the idea if they agree or just bypass it if they don't. If Blizz made more playable races, it wouldn't affect the ones who don't like it either way. If you don't want them playable and they become playable... Well then just don't play the race.

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

Melle wrote:
cowmuflage wrote:

And here, for everyone:

I do agree with Scarlet though, the thread is titled "Support" not discuss/tear down/say why it shouldn't be. It's directing people to a thread so that they can support the idea if they agree or just bypass it if they don't. If Blizz made more playable races, it wouldn't affect the ones who don't like it either way. If you don't want them playable and they become playable... Well then just don't play the race.
Well SylviaDragon does say "if you don't like some of them or have something you want to add, speak up!" That's what I was doing. If you don't want to read it don't read it.