Draenei Female Tweak

Rhyela
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: US - Ysera

Draenei Female Tweak

Unread post by Rhyela »

Personally.....I'm not all that happy with how mine changed. I know a lot of people wanted the changes, and that's fine, but Helaani and Muirren both look weird now. I'll just post Helaani's, but you can see that both the eye shape and the face shape changed. The eye shape is pretty dramatic, in my opinion, and the face got pudgier. I preferred her 6.0 look, including the blue eyes (but wasn't opposed to changing back to white). But, oh well. Everyone's opinions and tastes are going to be different. I'll just have to try to get used to it.

6.0:

6.1:

Attachments
WoWScrnShot_021815_234949.jpg
WoWScrnShot_021815_234949.jpg (249.8 KiB) Viewed 1566 times
WoWScrnShot_022415_193447.jpg
WoWScrnShot_022415_193447.jpg (246.09 KiB) Viewed 1566 times

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Re: Draenei Female Tweak

Unread post by Vephriel »

Aw, I'm sorry your characters aren't appealing to you after the tweaks. :( I have to admit, I'm exceptionally pleased with them since before the fixes I had shelved my draenei, I disliked the initial revamp so much. I find she looks much more like her original self now with a sleeker face, white eyes, and dark lips again.

< 6.0 ....... 6.1 >
Image Image

I know how you feel though, because I'm really disappointed with the female blood elf models. Veph just doesn't look like herself anymore. I'm hoping there will be another round of blood elf tweaks in a later patch because they feel very rushed and went live with a lot of issues that I can only assume will be resolved later, since they were brought up in the feedback thread over and over (such as excessive model clipping issues, wrong colourations on hair/skin/accessories, animation problems, and I'm still hoping for some face changes that will look more like the original counterparts).
Rhyela

Unread post by Rhyela »

I did notice that the face with the black lips looks much better now. I almost thought about using it myself, and I still may. Hopefully I can find another face for Helaani that I like better. :|

I feel your pain on the belf females. I like some of the changes, and dislike others. I looked at Ariela out of curiosity, and she doesn't look like herself as much anymore. She looks...angrier? Hard to put a finger on it.

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

AH that's a shame.

Tho I personally think the belf females revamp is a VAST improvement on the originals. They look so much better now.
Rhyela

Re: Draenei Female Tweak *[IMG] HEAVY*

Unread post by Rhyela »

I'm trying to keep an open mind! I will say that the faces look better in-game than they do on the character select screen. It could be because of lighting. Also, the tweaks really do make them closer to the pre-6.0 originals. However, I think the problem with mine is that Helaani was created after 6.0 launched, so that was her "original" look in my mind. :lol:

I still prefer the 6.0 look for this particular character, but seeing the pre-6.0 against the 6.1 makes me feel better about it, at least. :)

Also, I must say that the human, gnome and dwarf females look so much better! The dwarf females don't look so tired anymore, and the human female eyes have some of their original feel. I still feel that the eyebrows are up too high, giving them a :shock: expression, but it's still better. Sadly, my warrior, Daema, still needed a face change in the end. Even with the improvements, I don't feel like the new model captures her original look. I liked her narrow-eyed stern expression from before 6.0. The 6.1 version improved on the eyes, but I still feel like it's a little too smiley. The newer face is closer, but the eyes are still a little too large. But, overall, the model itself is a vast improvement, so at this point I'm kinda just nitpicking. :lol: It's hard not to when we had a certain look for so many years!

Edit: It occurs to me that eye shape seems to be an issue for a lot of models. Before the re-vamps, characters had angled eyes, narrow eyes, heavily lashed eyes, etc. Now, it seems like they want to give every female these large, round eyes. The blood elf females are a perfect example. The originals have some pretty unique eye shapes, but the re-vamps gave them the same doe-eyed faces as all the other races (well, not ALL, but you know what I mean).
Attachments
Helaani Comparison.jpg
Helaani Comparison.jpg (212.31 KiB) Viewed 1566 times
Daema Comparison.jpg
Daema Comparison.jpg (431.4 KiB) Viewed 1566 times

Makoes
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

The only thing that still bugs me about the dreanei female eyes is they all have a thicker dark outline around the eyes...which is ok on some skins but on others it makes them look sunken, zombie-ish or like they have to much eye-liner on

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

Serendipity82
Realm: Staghelm

Unread post by Serendipity82 »

I'm just glad Myriana's skin tone is back to what is was pre-6.0. She went from this pretty periwinkle to this darker dusky color. Now she seems to have her original skin tone back. Or maybe I'm just seeing things XD
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I quite like the 6.1 tweaks, personally. Except for the eye area of female humans... To me the make-up looks extremely thick. Like what someone working at a cosmetics counter would wear and not someone in the regular world, let alone in battle. But that's really my only nit (maybe the eyebrows look a bit surpised/face lift as well ;) ). I think they did a pretty decent job of fixing some of the weirdest things in the 6.0 looks. I'm especially happy the female dwarf "tired eyes" are gone.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.