Flying in WoW Discussion

Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Burning Blade, Frostwolf, Proudmoore

Re: No Flying in WoD period

Unread post by Lupen202 »

Skettis is easiest. Takes me five minutes to fill the objective bar... Flying between my garrison and skeptis literally takes longer.

Just fly to akeetas hovel. Kill some of the arakkoa for keys, free four outcasts and grind mobs there till the morale bar is full. Only takes a couple. When it's full turn the rescued outcasts in to the designated npc and you're done. Rinse and repeat.

Gets old after awhile but it's fairly fast.

Neiara - NE Hunter - Burning Blade (US) - Denial of Service

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

Arwyn
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Arwyn »

All ready for the Patch and ready for that rep grind. My only regret is that I don't have a Human character to use their racial ability to get an extra boost with the rep grind. Also I have a feeling that people will try and reach exalted with the Saberstalker faction within one day because WoWhead said it's theoretically possible. To them, good luck!
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Yep, I got all my flying pre-requirements completed (aside from the rep grinds that will be introduced of course). I started far too late to cap my apexis crystals (I never bothered doing the dailies before because I had no use for the crystals as a currency) but I did get to 30k. So it's a tiny head start on the corrupted dread raven mount, I suppose. It's all I care about.

Otherwise I'm ready and excited for tomorrow!
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

The patch comes out tomorrow? Oh my.
Arwyn
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Arwyn »

Okay...three hours with Saberstalkers Rep grind and midway to Revered. Yeah looks like WoWhead wasn't lying about getting the rep in a day. The Rumble In The Jungle quest was definitely a helpful boost along with finding a good group dedicated to grinding and not minding the occasional break from members. Also having some good music on while basically running around in a loop helps the process.

Haven't received the Tooth And Claw daily that also helps with Saber rep but maybe RNG will be nice and give it to me tomorrow.

And in regards to the Blackfang Claw currency the group uses I've collected 545 of them during my loop.

So not a bad rep grind at all.
Nimrod
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: EU - Ghostlands

Unread post by Nimrod »

Yeah, I've not bothered so far. I've killed a few rares in Fang'rila, used a few medallion, and gotten a few thousand rep for them.

I need another 20k or so apexis for the mount :3

AdamSavage

Unread post by AdamSavage »

When you rep grind in a group, do you get the same amount of rep ?
I believe if you can believe out of nothing an explosion (big bang) happened then how far fetched can god be?

Dr. Who Video!

Arwyn
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Arwyn »

AdamSavage wrote:When you rep grind in a group, do you get the same amount of rep ?
Probably not because people with a Level 3 Trading Post get a small helping hand with their rep which I think isn't shared with the group. Might want to double check with someone who does have a Level 3 Trading Post and see if when they were in a group did its effect help everyone in the group.
Nimrod
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: EU - Ghostlands

Unread post by Nimrod »

Level 3 trading post gives 20% extra rep. It's worth it!

Arwyn
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Arwyn »

Yay, another 3 hour grind and hit Revered with an additional 289 claws added to the collection. A few more weekend rounds should then either help get Exalted and/or enough claws needed for the mounts.
AdamSavage

Almost done. Most people should be done the first two before next Tuesday.
Order of the Awakened: 69.0%
Hand of the Prophet: 87.9%
The Saberstalkers : 100.0%
I believe if you can believe out of nothing an explosion (big bang) happened then how far fetched can god be?

Dr. Who Video!

Vephriel

All I'm waiting on is the Order of the Awakened rep, few more days should have it finished. :) Also excited because I should have my Corrupted Dreadwing by then as well!

EDIT: Done and done on both accounts! :D
Arwyn
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Arwyn »

AdamSavage wrote:Almost done. Most people should be done the first two before next Tuesday.
Order of the Awakened: 69.0%
Hand of the Prophet: 87.9%
The Saberstalkers : 100.0%
Only have Order left to do and will hit Revered Monday. Gotta love those Medallion of the Legion and the rep boosts from the Darkmoon Faire are sweet too. While the faires up I'll mainly just be running Saber to get Exalted with them since groups are still plentiful.
AdamSavage

I just have Order left, and then I'm done. Got my gear up to 675 item lvl so far. I've only gotten 4 of the new savage bloods, so it will be awhile before I get enough to fully upgrade my gun.

Dr. Who Video!

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

BTW, just a warning...

If you have a garrison trading post (which gives you a rep gain bonus) and you get any Medallions of the Legion, make sure you use them up in Draenor. The trading post buff fails to work on them if you're outside that world. I discovered this the hard way when I went to the Darkmoon Faire to get the carousel bonus before using them (it stacks with the trading post), but I got less rep from them than I'd expected. If you have the trading post and the darkmoon carousel buff you should get 1300 rep per medallion if you use them in Draenor.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

Thanks Wain, thats good to know!

I've just got the saberstalkers to do - the other two came without thinking doing dailies. But ive got toe go back and finish the other achievements as well - still missing one garrison daily too since it won't pop lol!!

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

Vephriel

If you have the spare resources you can buy a Scouting Missive from your garrison quartermaster guy, there should be one for each Garrison daily and you can get it done at your leisure instead of hoping it pops up on the table. :)
Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

Vephriel wrote:If you have the spare resources you can buy a Scouting Missive from your garrison quartermaster guy, there should be one for each Garrison daily and you can get it done at your leisure instead of hoping it pops up on the table. :)
I had no idea you could do that! Ty!!! And i always have max resources so easy done :D

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

Unread post by Sukurachi »

don't forget to buy the item that doubles the maximum amount of Garrison resources you can have on a toon.

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

Tahlian
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Feathermoon

Unread post by Tahlian »

i just have the Order of the Awakened and the Saberstalkers left to do...got the Vol'jin one to Revered this morning. I'd have been going faster at it...but the bad weather over the holiday weekend has played merry heck with my hands. That - and I've kinda gotten a bit tired of hunting down treasures and rares every day for the fel fragments. I'll keep at it, since I have the Order at Honored already. But man, that bit seems like kind of a grind to me that's no fun at all. Maybe I'd feel better about it if I could get in a group for one of those big bads that drop the 1000 rep tokens.

Here there be dragons... http://dragcave.net/user/Tahlian

And here there be more dragons, too...http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=22415