Dev Interview - Hellfire Citadel the Final Raid

Arthur
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Staghelm and Azuremyst

Re: Dev Interview - Hellfire Citadel the Final Raid

Unread post by Arthur »

Yeah, that's probably the case, I wasn't exactly sure why it felt so.. boring, but the way you put it totally makes more sense to me.

Imagemounts - pets - armoryImage

"If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor."

Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

I'll be honest. I don't understand the 'lack of content' thing. There's too much content. There's crap I haven't touched yet on my /main/ and it's 6.2. And I play a lot, I mean, I'm not exactly a 4-hour-a-week player. I don't PVP, and I haven't been raiding (because my doorstop of a computer is 10 years old and it's hard to do much at 3fps)... and I STILL haven't completed a bunch of stuff. Maybe I just took the Pandaren's opinions to heart and have slowed down. Life is to be /savored/! I don't feel the burning itch to roar to endgame and then sit on my thumbs anymore. I treasure hunt, I make things, I farm mounts (up to three of the raredrops so far!)... I stop and read the quest text, and generally, just don't feel compelled to hurry.

I'm much less bored at this point in the expac than I have been in any of the previous ones, yes, including Wrath (I was so sick of Wrath by the near-end of it I would rather have used sandpaper for toilet paper than level through it) or BC. The zones are beautiful and engaging (except FFR, I still hate snow zones, THANKS WRATH) and things like bonus objectives and treasures and things have returned some of the excitement-of-discovery that WoW has lacked (for me) for the past seven years or so.

I'm kinda hoping there's another year before the next expac, so I have some -hope- of getting everything done by then.

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

I'm with Nacht on this one. WoD hasn't been a perfect expansion and there are certainly things I don't fully agree with, but I'm having a lot of fun right now! I love the Tanaan area, I still have plenty to do and lots to keep me busy. The questing of the expansion itself was really enjoyable to me, and I'm absolutely thrilled at the visual theme of 6.2, it's everything I could want. I guess it all boils down to everyone having their own playstyle, to each there own, but as for myself I'm still really enjoying the game and the content so I guess I'll just keep doing that. :) Good to know I'm not the only one though in the midst of all the negativity. Which I'm not blaming anyone for of course, it's just very pervasive in any of the WoW communities right now and I felt a bit alone in having a good time myself. :lol:
Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

Wain wrote: People have said that a lot. I was confused at first, as there are still quite a few models, and there have always been lots of colour variants for mounts of the same model. But I eventually decided that the difference this time is that they may be spread too widely. Rather than a few vendors selling a bunch of them, they're used for so many different rewards that after a while I think it all gets a bit bland. Especially later on in 6.1 when the less sexy colours (which I maybe unfairly think of as the "leftovers" - the ones designers didn't pick for 6.0) were offered up as brand new rewards. I think that's why people are finding them more boring, despite us having enormous number of mounts on offer. I think it's fine to offer recolours, even large numbers of recolours (they've always done this!) but I think for it to be interesting it needs to be from a condensed number of sources. That's my feeling anyway.
My mount gripe? So...many....freakin....boars!!! Like so many. Its insane. I like wolves so maybe theres heaps of those and I just don't care but my god so many pigs. And how hard is it to slow a wolf run? Seriously they fixed BOARS but not them?? Meh.

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

They said they're going to fix the wolf run (and riverbeasts) in a future minipatch but they didn't have it done for 6.2. But don't worry, it's coming soon.

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

AdamSavage

Unread post by AdamSavage »

Trade Chat talks about this possibly being the last patch: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9ySqzl3-do
I believe if you can believe out of nothing an explosion (big bang) happened then how far fetched can god be?

Dr. Who Video!

Castile
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Castile »

Yes this is the last major patch with content - I think a dev already said that somewhere. Minor patches with flying etc will still be released but this is it until the next xpac people are saying (and complaining about).

Shadowlands

AdamSavage

Castile wrote:Yes this is the last major patch with content - I think a dev already said that somewhere. Minor patches with flying etc will still be released but this is it until the next xpac people are saying (and complaining about).
Why 2 more pvp seasons ? They also seems to say different things, depending on who you talk to. As explained in her video, if they go through with this.. We will see a record low dip in subs. I hardly see anyone online anymore as it is.. I'm holding out till I get a feel for the direction of the new expansion, and if it's anything like this one. I think I will let my sub run out. I just hate to leave the game.. No game last forever I suppose.
Last edited by AdamSavage on Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I believe if you can believe out of nothing an explosion (big bang) happened then how far fetched can god be?

Dr. Who Video!

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

A dev might say it but then again it might not be set in stone.
Castile
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Castile »

cowmuflage wrote:A dev might say it but then again it might not be set in stone.
Thats also true. It might mean that a new xpac will be out quicker maybe (which won't be a bad thing). I don't mind tbh. The less ppl around the more rares for me :P

Shadowlands

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

The problem is, we will see record low subs anyway. And will continue to. The game is ageing and no matter how exciting the next content is, subscriptions are almost certainly going to continue to slowly decline as people leave to new things, along with temporary spikes at new expansions and patches. This is a sad reality of the game. It's getting old.

Any particular drop in subscriptions could be due to poor content or bad decisions on the part of the designers, or it could be natural decline. People who feel strongly about a particular issue can always point at the drops and claim it's because of their particular concern. It may be, it may not be. They may know something, but if they don't then they'll still look like they do. I tend to take any claim with a grain of salt.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
AdamSavage

I like to know if they will actually go through with the flying, and not back out on it. It's been 2 weeks sense the patch came out, and most people have the achievement done by now. The world can't be that hard to fix for flying.. You already have short term flying without any issues.

Dr. Who Video!

Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Adam, I'd not be so quick to say 'most' have it. I don't have it. Most of my friends don't have it yet. Lots of people in my large guild don't have it either. You'd also be VERY surprised how complex coding can be. One misplaced semi-colon screws everything up, just as an example.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

AdamSavage

Strange. I thought more people would have it by now.. Maybe they are taking their time ?

Dr. Who Video!

Kalhoun
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Ghostlands (H) & Kirin Tor (A)

Unread post by Kalhoun »

AdamSavage wrote:Strange. I thought more people would have it by now.. Maybe they are taking their time ?
I don't have it. I finally went through my achievements last night and finished up Securing Draenor and the Explorer Achievement. I don't have 2 of the reps done yet.

I figure I will make sure it's all done by whenever they announce flying will be added. Until then there's no point in rushing. But I've always been a pokey sort of person.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I think once people realised flying was going to be a while yet, and also how easy rep gain is, they relaxed and took their time. The dailies will get you there eventually but I guess not everyone does them all every day. I did but I can't help myself ;)

I haven't bought any medallions but I am farming them as much as I can and sending them all to my main. But that's not so I can get exalted with the Tanaan factions, which are almost done anyway, but so I can get rep with the Ashran faction for the mounts. Every bit of rep is some that I won't have to grind in the battleground later. ;)
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Shinryu Masaki
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Shinryu Masaki »

AdamSavage wrote:Strange. I thought more people would have it by now.. Maybe they are taking their time ?
I still haven't even started it yet, though granted I don't play as much anymore. However Junrei is right about one thing.
Junrei wrote:You'd also be VERY surprised how complex coding can be. One misplaced semi-colon screws everything up, just as an example.
With a game as BIG as WoW is, this can get very crazy and complicated. While I can't find it, there was a hotfix awhile back that stated that they fixed an issue about the Hogger event in Elwynn Forest not being able to be completed if some guard in Stormwind was dead. So yeah, I'm pretty sure the devs are trying to see every nook and crannies they can find in Draenor and make sure flight isn't disturbed much.
ImageImage
Castile
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Castile »

Junrei wrote:Adam, I'd not be so quick to say 'most' have it. I don't have it. Most of my friends don't have it yet. Lots of people in my large guild don't have it either. You'd also be VERY surprised how complex coding can be. One misplaced semi-colon screws everything up, just as an example.
^This. I don't and I didn't rush to "grind" reps right away either (and frankly don't know why people bothered). I'm missing a chunk of quests for loremaster of Draenor for one and am 40 odd treasures off 100. I'm one weekly away from revered from the saberstalkers and thats my last rep for Tanaan with just doing quests and dailies.

I didn't expect to see flying right away either - especially if this was the last "major" content patch. They will drag this out to be sure. And as Junrei said, if they designed this xpac without flying in mind then they will need to do some coding to get it right and it's not as simple as it sounds.

Shadowlands

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

You know I only stepped foot in Tanaan yesterday XD
Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

I was gonna say... Siege lasted about a -year-. I'm not hurrying, I don't NEED to hurry. Why rush through everything, you'll just get a headache and probably bored. I paid (and am paying) money for the game; rushing through it is like buying a $40 lobster dinner and then wolfing it down in ten minutes, then complaining you didn't get your money's worth.