Flying in WoW Discussion

Nimrod
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: EU - Ghostlands

Re: No Flying in WoD period

Unread post by Nimrod »

Sukurachi wrote:don't forget to buy the item that doubles the maximum amount of Garrison resources you can have on a toon.
There isn't one.

The only item that affects any GR cap is the one that doubles the size of the Garrison Cache (the endlessly spawning GR by your town hall) from 500 to 1000 GR. This is for players that don't get to log in as often.
Tahlian wrote:Maybe I'd feel better about it if I could get in a group for one of those big bads that drop the 1000 rep tokens.
Go to where rare mob spawns, search in premade finder for named group, join group and get crossrealmed to where it has spawned.

Go to where the mob has spawned first, since there's no point searching for mobs, travelling, and then getting there after they're dead.
Last edited by Nimrod on Mon Jul 06, 2015 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nimrod
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Nimrod »

Double post... sort of.
Last edited by Nimrod on Mon Jul 06, 2015 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

Unread post by Sukurachi »

Nímrod wrote:
Sukurachi wrote:don't forget to buy the item that doubles the maximum amount of Garrison resources you can have on a toon.
There isn't one.

The only item that affects any GR cap is the one that doubles the size of the Garrison Cache (the endlessly spawning GR by your town hall) from 500 to 1000 GR. This is for players that don't get to log in as often.

still a good thing to get.

even on my toon that I log onto regularly, I quite often forget to check my garrison cache.

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

peanutbuttercup
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by peanutbuttercup »

Nímrod wrote:
Tahlian wrote:Maybe I'd feel better about it if I could get in a group for one of those big bads that drop the 1000 rep tokens.
Go to where rare mob spawns, search in premade finder for named group, join group and get crossrealmed to where it has spawned.

Go to where the mob has spawned first, since there's no point searching for mobs, travelling, and then getting there after they're dead.
^ this. I kill each mob 5x daily via group finder and pay it forward by making 40 man raids for spawns on my server. Don't bother queueing if you aren't at the spawn point, the mob usually dies 30 seconds - 1 minutes of spawning.
Arwyn
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Arwyn »

Done and done..ish. Finished getting revered with Order and Exalted with Saberstalkers, (Again thanks to finding a great group with Group Finder.) but still will be working on Saberstalkers to get them claws, them claws, them sharp claws. When not running Highmaul to get the Abrogator Stones my ring. And yes I've just started working on my Legendary Ring cause..got nothing to do besides collecting claws! XD
Tahlian wrote:i just have the Order of the Awakened and the Saberstalkers left to do...got the Vol'jin one to Revered this morning. I'd have been going faster at it...but the bad weather over the holiday weekend has played merry heck with my hands. That - and I've kinda gotten a bit tired of hunting down treasures and rares every day for the fel fragments. I'll keep at it, since I have the Order at Honored already. But man, that bit seems like kind of a grind to me that's no fun at all. Maybe I'd feel better about it if I could get in a group for one of those big bads that drop the 1000 rep tokens.
Of the three, to me Order was the least "enjoyable" while grinding because there is only one quest that sends you searching over fel-tainted hill and fel-demon infested dale looking for glowing purple boxes/treasures on the treasure map, given at honored with Vol'jin or Prophet, to get fel-corrupted apexis fragments when not waiting/searching for Rares to pop up and kill to loot the fragments from them.

My strategy for trying to lessen the time involved with the quest was to split time searching for boxes and Rares between the Iron Front, Fel Forge and Ironhold Harbor.

Front has two easy rares that can be soloed (though I was also using Artillery Strike so milage may vary if using one of the other perks): Commander Krag'goth, and Tho'gar Gorefist. and The Iron Houndmaster. (Szirek the Twisted and the Iron Houndmaster only pop up when people where defending banners and Grannok was always being swarmed so don't know if he can be soloed.) and as a bonus Podlord Wakkawam can spawn in the forest near the Front and/or Terrorfist can spawn at Rangari Refuge. And because of Front's lay out its easy to spot any glowing purple boxes.

Fel Forge because of Executioner Riloth, Grand Warlock Nethekurse, and Felsmith Damorka to loot. But hard to spot glowing purple boxes because of the "clutter" with siege engines, other boxes, or being tucked away in wagons.

And then Ironhold Harbor to go after Cindral, Sargent Mor'grak and use the artillery guns on Harbormaster Korak and Zoug the Heavy if/when there up.

But still have to keep my ears/eyes open for people announcing if other Rares have spawned and ask for invites if any of the ones I'm tracking above haven't spawned.
Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Burning Blade, Frostwolf, Proudmoore

Unread post by Lupen202 »

If you go to the area with the sethekk.. ruins of kra'nak?? there aren't a lot of people and those small apexis shards are usually abundant there. That's where I always go for the Order daily.

Neiara - NE Hunter - Burning Blade (US) - Denial of Service

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

AdamSavage
Illustrious Master Hunter

Unread post by AdamSavage »

Finally got Revered with everyone. I was 500 rep from Revered for my last rep, and it's getting really hard to find Fel fragments. I ended up just buying a +1000 rep token from AH.
I believe if you can believe out of nothing an explosion (big bang) happened then how far fetched can god be?

Dr. Who Video!

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

Don't forget there is that rep hat from Darkmoon fair that you can use to get a bit more rep.
Arwyn
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Arwyn »

Flying Up On PTR. Soaring Skyterror new favorite mount.
Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

I want to save flight for live but I'm excited it's on the PTR; it means that it won't be long before it is live.

It would be very cool if in future expansions they make some design decisions with flight in mind... Some hidden caves on mountain tops with treasures inside, or more mobs flying about hostile and neutral, to give the skies some more life.

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Whee!

Attachments
FlyingOverGorgrond.jpg
FlyingOverGorgrond.jpg (308.26 KiB) Viewed 2839 times
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Nimrod
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Nimrod »

Lupen202 wrote:I want to save flight for live but I'm excited it's on the PTR; it means that it won't be long before it is live.

It would be very cool if in future expansions they make some design decisions with flight in mind... Some hidden caves on mountain tops with treasures inside, or more mobs flying about hostile and neutral, to give the skies some more life.
There's a lot they can do with flying, both to make it more interesting and limit it in certain areas if necessary. They did plenty of stuff like that back in BC, with places like Ogrila. You couldn't get there without flying, and dailies had flying challenges (the AA cannons).

There was also those nasty big dragons flying over the shelf that would one shot you if you got too close.

Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Yeah I miss that... The netherwing racing dailies were actually one of quests I've enjoyed the most. It'd be so cool if we could get more like that as well as more flight exclusive areas.

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

AdamSavage

Do they allow flying in the new zone ?
I believe if you can believe out of nothing an explosion (big bang) happened then how far fetched can god be?

Dr. Who Video!

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

AdamSavage wrote:Do they allow flying in the new zone ?
Yup
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
AdamSavage

Hmm I may have to download the PTR client

Dr. Who Video!

AdamSavage

Zarhym has been busy on the forums, talking about flying. It's nice they are finally speaking about it, after being silent on the issue. He even admitted they screwed up with how they handled flying.

His newest post starts at #435: blue.mmo-champion.com/author/Zarhym/

Dr. Who Video!

AdamSavage

I guess they really don't like us flying.. They are delaying flying again, with Mercenary Mode PTR Testing, that apparently was not tested yet. Despite the promise that flying would be added in as it's own patch.

Dr. Who Video!

Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

It already sucks we get flying at the end of the expansion when there won't be any new content. I hope they handle this better next expac. :/

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

AdamSavage

Re: Flying in WoW Discussion

Well the flying patch is marked as "release" on the PTR, so MMO Champion claims that is.. I don't see anything indicating that on the Bnet Launcher. I'm really starting to wonder when it will even go to live.. I've been on the PTR and I had no issues with flight.. I don't understand why they are taking so long..

Dr. Who Video!