New World of Warcraft Expansion Unveiling at Gamescom 2015

pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Re: New World of Warcraft Expansion Unveiling at Gamescom 20

Unread post by pop »

This would be the Windrunner expansion, the redemption of the Banshee Queen and the formation of the new council of Tirisfal Glade, with Medivh as the main villain.
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

Wain wrote:
cowmuflage wrote:All I hope is Murlocs. SHiT TONS OF MURLOCS.
World of Warcraft: MrrrrgglglgRrrgglll!

That would be so much awesome :)
It would reveal that all the badguys where infact Murlocs all along!
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

cowmuflage wrote: It would reveal that all the badguys where infact Murlocs all along!
Kind of a reverse Scooby Doo moment. They pull the mask off a human to reveal a sea monster ;)
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Burning Blade, Frostwolf, Proudmoore

Unread post by Lupen202 »

If that south seas expansion was legit I think I'd actually enjoy it a lot.

But I thought I read somewhere it was fake? Either way it'll be interesting to see what the next expac is, and I hope I'll be able to watch the stream live. And I hope it isn't centered around orcs >.>

If it does have trolls I'll be crossing my fingers for some new dinos (tameable pterrorwings and armored dinos please)

Neiara - NE Hunter - Burning Blade (US) - Denial of Service

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Terenas, Argent Dawn

Unread post by Krysteena »

Even though I don't play anymore I'm excited to see what they come up with. If it drags me back or not, I'll see, but if it is around Trolls and Night Elves I'm going to be happy. Trolls are one of my favourite races.

Plus, it'd be an excuse to demand Pterrowings to be tameable. ;)
pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by pop »

New playable class would be demon hunter. The nagas and Maive involves somehow.

The new council would be a lot of alliance heroes while voljin and sylvanas joins too leaving the title war chief open and nathanos as the new leader of the Forsaken.

Tomb of Sargares will be exploitablem explorable.

Wrathion becomes Anduin's.....
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

pop wrote:Wrathion becomes Anduin's.....
o.0 Well, his family does seem to have a thing for the black dragons...

As for trolls. I really love them as characters. Whoever voiced Earthmender Norsala when she led you on the quest to kill Glop (son of Glop), was brilliant, I could have listened to her all day; what a beautiful voice. But I'm so, SO over them as the bad guys, even though it's inevitable they're going to return since we still have to deal with Zul et al.

It seems that trolls in WoW are unstable and that any adversity, earthquake, perhaps unseasonal weather, will cause them to go mad, destroy their civilization and devour their own gods. I think it's getting a bit of an overused trope now. Back when the Zandalari were our friends I'd hoped we'd one day see a real troll civilization at its peak. Of course they got around having to create one by destroying it off-screen and turning the survivors into (what I think were) generic, crazed baddies, in personality pretty much like every crazed troll in every troll raid we'd already experienced. Except Zanzil in Cata. Zanzil was fucking awesome.

I thought they would have been better left out of the (I think really beautiful) Pandaria story and replaced with more interesting and more locally-fitting villains. I felt their appearance was about as grating as Mudmug's accent.

Still, as others have said, they do bring the prospect of more dinos! :)
pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by pop »

Maive is going to be the last boss.
pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by pop »

Wain wrote:
pop wrote:Wrathion becomes Anduin's.....
o.0 Well, his family does seem to have a thing for the black dragons...
Well Anduin will be the new king of storm wind with the passing of Varyan later, so he needs a New consort.

http://www.wowhead.com/npc=90978/anduin-wrynn#
Arthur
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Staghelm and Azuremyst

Unread post by Arthur »

I'm not too keen on the idea of underwater/island stuff... like with pirates and trolls and nagas and stuff...

I just want playable arakkoa. If they added that I probably wouldn't care about anything else.

Also, I don't mean to sound rude, but there is no way in heck Sylvanas will ever be good/turn good/join Alliance. She's nasty and after all the things she's done I doubt Alliance would want anything to do with her, that isn't destroying her for good.

I'm not over Gilneas either, personally. lol... :/

Varian isn't dying anytime soon in my opinion. Whatever that King Anduin thing is, is probably for some sort of 'future' vision.
Though, I'd be totally on board for canon Wranduin? :Y

I don't really understand, Maiev? Why would she be the last boss? Are you talking about Maiev Shadowsong??*
Can you explain?

I'm kind of tired of BC/Old stuff coming back..? MoP was great. Do something like that again ): haha.

*I went and read a little. Apparently she's gone insane? What a bloody shocker. And in a book, too. Ugh. Blizzard.
And yeah that's the first I heard of it. I don't really read the novels..

Imagemounts - pets - armoryImage

"If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor."

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Scarlet wrote:Also, I don't mean to sound rude, but there is no way in heck Sylvanas will ever be good/turn good/join Alliance. She's nasty and after all the things she's done I doubt Alliance would want anything to do with her, that isn't destroying her for good.
Maybe I misunderstood but I thought Pop was proposing she'd join this new "Council", not the Alliance. I'm assuming this is Pop's idea but maybe she's getting it from one of the forum "leaks"? I'm not sure :)
Scarlet wrote:I don't really understand, Maiev? Why would she be the last boss? Are you talking about Maiev Shadowsong??*
Can you explain?
I'm kind of tired of BC/Old stuff coming back..? MoP was great. Do something like that again ): haha.
*I went and read a little. Apparently she's gone insane? What a bloody shocker. And in a book, too. Ugh. Blizzard.
And yeah that's the first I heard of it. I don't really read the novels..
Cannibalizing good guys to become villains (because everyone who suffers mental illness through trauma becomes evil, right?) seems to be a fine old tradition in this game. Not one I agree with, or even appreciate a tiny bit, but I think it's something we just have to expect :/ Having said that I'm not sure how canon the books are. I don't read them.
Arthur
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Staghelm and Azuremyst

Unread post by Arthur »

Oh, my bad. I read this wrong:

"The new council would be a lot of alliance heroes while voljin and sylvanas joins too leaving the title war chief open and nathanos as the new leader of the Forsaken."

Super sorry haha ////

And I hate that tradition. ): I mean, they almost did it to Jaina. Too many good characters have been wasted this way. One of them being Fandral (my opinion). The 'insane = evil' thing disgusts me but I won't get into it. Hah...

Imagemounts - pets - armoryImage

"If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor."

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Man, I sound really bitchy tonight. :( I love this game and I only say what I have because I know many of the designers can, and do, do better than the things I was criticizing. I think the old camp tropes should be left in the past, just like all the old models they've replaced. They can tell such great stories without resorting to them.
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

We have yet to see Dark Trolls. I know the island that the Goblin starter zone is in they used to live there but I think the Goblins worked them to death. XD
Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

Wain wrote: Cannibalizing good guys to become villains (because everyone who suffers mental illness through trauma becomes evil, right?) seems to be a fine old tradition in this game. Not one I agree with, or even appreciate a tiny bit, but I think it's something we just have to expect :/ Having said that I'm not sure how canon the books are. I don't read them.
I have read a few and Cata wouldn't of made much sense without reading "The Shattering" and seige of orgrimmar without reading "Tides of War" so I think the books are connected to the game (and true to lore to some extent) somehow - not just made up for the heck of it. Which book does she turn bad? I'd be interested to read that.

I don't like that either Wain - I feel like I'm killing someone whose already in pain when I kill bosses and characters like that :(

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by pop »

cowmuflage wrote:We have yet to see Dark Trolls. I know the island that the Goblin starter zone is in they used to live there but I think the Goblins worked them to death. XD
Dark Trolls (Shadow Tusk Tribe)that inhabited Hyjal was massacred by Twilight Hammer.
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

pop wrote:
cowmuflage wrote:We have yet to see Dark Trolls. I know the island that the Goblin starter zone is in they used to live there but I think the Goblins worked them to death. XD
Dark Trolls (Shadow Tusk Tribe)that inhabited Hyjal was massacred by Twilight Hammer.
It's assumed they where wiped out but Brann Bronzebeard said he hasn't had a chance to check their caves and it was unknown if there where any still alive so you never know.
Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

Saw another interesting thread on Facebook - claims to have a friend who is a dev answered some questions about the new expac...it kinda fits with the leaked synopsis too. But check it out yourselves (at work so can't link)

Its on the 'Life of Warcraft' facebook page, posted 4hrs ago.

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

Equeon
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Thorium Brotherhood

Unread post by Equeon »

Qraljar wrote:Funny thing:

The first thing I'll probably focus on, if they show us a trailer (not the cinematic, but the announcement trailer) of the new expansion is if I can see any new animals/creatures that could/are likely to become tameable.
This is literally me. I don't mean "literally" in the casual or slang sort of way, I mean that was actually my first thought upon hearing there was a new expansion unveiling. :lol:

Back when WoD gameplay was first teased I remember getting excited at the blurry, pixelated photo of a new boar model. I hope plenty of new creatures await us this time around!
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Two days till the reveal! I'm so excited :)

Just beforehand I think I'll open up the next expansion forum. It's a bit earlier than usual, but once we know what's coming it'll be good to have all the info and discussion in one place.

I wonder how long before the beta will be open!