In expansion 6, would you want to see new classes or races?

What races or classes would you want to see?

Ogre
9%
Arakkoa
42%
Tuskarr
2%
Vrykul
5%
Sub-Races
19%
Necromancer
2%
Shadowhunter
12%
Demon Hunter
5%
Voter's Class Idea (Explain what it is)
No votes
Fourth Spec
5%

Total votes: 43

Takanuka
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Whisperwind

In expansion 6, would you want to see new classes or races?

Unread post by Takanuka »

What would you like to see new races, new classes, new specs, new class Combinations, etc?
MaximumOverdrive
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Re: In expansion 6, would you want to see new classes or rac

Unread post by MaximumOverdrive »

New races, but none of those personally. I'd rather have maybe Naga or Ethereals (those would be interesting to try to customize lol).

I dunno if we could really get a new class without it feeling like just one of the others (monks felt very close to druids for me).
Arthur
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Staghelm and Azuremyst

Unread post by Arthur »

Playable arakkoa or nagas!!

I don't really have any opinion on new classes. I think it would be interesting to get another mail wearing class into the fray though.

Imagemounts - pets - armoryImage

"If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor."

Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

I want playable arakkoa so badly now after WoD. I'm not sure if they'd suit this upcoming expansion, but I'm crossing my fingers that somewhere down the line we might get them..

I've always wanted naga to be a playable race as well. We need something reptilian!

Another (perhaps unlike) race that I'd kill to see would be nerubians (along with a nerubian themed expansion hnnggg I want it so badly).

As for classes, I'm not sure if there's anything we need, though whatever the next class is you know it's going to use mail. That would round out the armor types nicely (though it's been nice as a hunter only having to compete against shamans for this long ;) )
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

Vephriel wrote:I want playable arakkoa so badly now after WoD. I'm not sure if they'd suit this upcoming expansion, but I'm crossing my fingers that somewhere down the line we might get them..

I've always wanted naga to be a playable race as well. We need something reptilian!

Another (perhaps unlike) race that I'd kill to see would be nerubians (along with a nerubian themed expansion hnnggg I want it so badly).

As for classes, I'm not sure if there's anything we need, though whatever the next class is you know it's going to use mail. That would round out the armor types nicely (though it's been nice as a hunter only having to compete against shamans for this long ;) )
Agreed on ALL fronts, I'm voting for V for new lead designer!!!! :D
New class would be cool, but unless ranged (not dissimilar to a hunter) I'd not be all that interested, never been a huge fan if meld classes myself.
As for Arakkoa, I'd race change to one in a heart beat, I love them sooooo much XD

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Arwyn
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Arwyn »

I'd go for new races like Arakkoa or Saberon to play over a new class because every role is covered by all the existing classes we have.
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Yeah, it really doesn't feel like we need a new class? Then again, having a dozen would feel really nice and would appeal to my fondness for even numbers. They'd have to up the character limit again, but 12 is a good, solid number. Plus we really are lacking that third mail-using class, whether or not I want one myself. It would just feel right.

(there were rumours of a dark ranger class, and I'm not exactly sure how they'd do that and make it feel drastically different from a hunter, but I'd be ALL OVER that)
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I wonder what people would think if, instead of producing new races, they put the same energy into developing starting material / hook-ins for alternative looks for current races. Like Wildhammer dwarves and broken Draenei, non-fel orcs and other trolls and the like. I'd be into that.

But if there was a new race I'd really have to wait and see what the xpac is about. I'd love to see that otter-person from the student design contest though. :)
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by pop »

Wain wrote:I wonder what people would think if, instead of producing new races, they put the same energy into developing starting material / hook-ins for alternative looks for current races. Like Wildhammer dwarves and broken Draenei, non-fel orcs and other trolls and the like. I'd be into that.

But if there was a new race I'd really have to wait and see what the xpac is about. I'd love to see that otter-person from the student design contest though. :)
This

<3 Dark Iron
Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Unread post by Qraljar »

Vephriel wrote:I want playable arakkoa so badly now after WoD. I'm not sure if they'd suit this upcoming expansion, but I'm crossing my fingers that somewhere down the line we might get them..
Holy shit, yeah. Arakkoa were already cool, but WoD made them even better. Great roleplay potential. Thumbs-up from me.

As for the fact that Arakkoa aren't really important to the plot for them to be added to the next expansion. Certainly true, but they could make it so the Arakkoa, lore-wise, join at the end of WoD, and then gameplay-wise become playable with the next expansion.
Vephriel wrote:I've always wanted naga to be a playable race as well. We need something reptilian!
I used to be really pro-Naga, but eh, nowadays - not so much. Same for Demon Hunter as a class, really.

Would like a Snap Dragon mount (and hunter pet ;) ) though.
Vephriel wrote:Another (perhaps unlike) race that I'd kill to see would be nerubians (along with a nerubian themed expansion hnnggg I want it so badly).
I don't see when it would make sense, but I think Nerubians for the Alliance and Mantid for the Horde would be great.
Vephriel wrote:As for classes, I'm not sure if there's anything we need, though whatever the next class is you know it's going to use mail. That would round out the armor types nicely (though it's been nice as a hunter only having to compete against shamans for this long ;) )
Seriously, the only innovative class suggestion I've seen is 'Tinker'. The rest just all feels like a subtype of existing classes.
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Burning Blade, Frostwolf, Proudmoore

Unread post by Lupen202 »

Qraljar that snap dragon is amazing. Some water dragon-esque mount really would be awesome, with 100% land speed and 150% swim speed or something. Eh one can dream.

Neiara - NE Hunter - Burning Blade (US) - Denial of Service

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

Falcon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Falcon »

Playable arakkoa hands down for me and I'd be happy with either the high arakkoa (Order of the Awakened) or the Outcasts, I love them both so much. I wouldn't even care which faction they'd be exclusive to, but if anything, to make people happy, it may be best to have them start neutral like Pandaren and be able to choose which faction they'd like to join since we both gave them the help they needed in this timeline, after all.

I also voted for sub-races. It would be great to see some sub-races become playable options, like some of the ones other Petopians have mentioned. :)
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I was just thinking, they could very easily write Zandalari into the troll sub-races and so offer an upright troll form. Not all Zandalari went mean and crazy, the remaining good guys would probably be exiles now.

I'd love Arakkoa too. I just wonder if they've missed their chance now, unless the next xpac is also on Draenor and I'm not sure that would go down too well. Chromie goes mad and changes time again. We have to conquer Draenor in another timeline! This time the orcs have nuclear arms, the Draenei have mutated into blue octopi, and the saberon actually say stuff ;)
Wennett

Unread post by Wennett »

I really want playable Arakkoa and more Hunter love. :)
Falcon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Falcon »

Wain wrote:I was just thinking, they could very easily write Zandalari into the troll sub-races and so offer an upright troll form. Not all Zandalari went mean and crazy, the remaining good guys would probably be exiles now.

I'd love Arakkoa too. I just wonder if they've missed their chance now, unless the next xpac is also on Draenor and I'm not sure that would go down too well. Chromie goes mad and changes time again. We have to conquer Draenor in another timeline! This time the orcs have nuclear arms, the Draenei have mutated into blue octopi, and the saberon actually say stuff ;)
Great idea with the Zandalari, I always hated that they suddenly went all nutso in MoP. And the idea of draenei being blue octopi is a terrifying one. o_O

Terokk does suggest that the Outcasts forge their own path and raise new champions. And with the formation of the Order of the Awakened from the ashes of the Adherents, they could get in on that as well, since they want to make amends for how their society was all 1984 and such, and they're helping us against the Legion in Tanaan. I personally see an opportunity for the Arakkoa to join us permanently as allies, and they would have a whole new world to explore: ours.

Just wistful thinking and speculating on my part, I'm not trying to derail the thread or anything. :)

... Though, they would kind of land back at square one what with the Alliance and Horde not liking each other, and find themselves in a similar mess the Wandering Isle Pandaren did.
biscitandchina
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: winterhoof

Unread post by biscitandchina »

Okay maybe its not at all what we are expecting...if it has something to do with the Old Gods well I just found something on wowpedia

Lord Staghelm, in a fit of rage and grief, shattered the Scepter of the Shifting Sands. Anachronos was taken aback as the Night Elf stormed off, damning Silithus, the Qiraj, and the dragons for his son's death.
Disappointed, Anachronos took the four shards of the sceptre and entrusted each shard to a member of the four flights, including himself. From the red he chose Vaelastrasz, from the blue he chose Azuregos, and from the green, Eranikus.

So...as this happened in Silithus....would they be the ones responsible for the death of Nozdormu's consort and in turn the creation of
Murozond? That's something to think about.
SylviaDragon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Drenden/illidan

Unread post by SylviaDragon »

Gotta go with the Arakkoa. if anything brought me back to wow like a fish on a line, it would be those glorious bird people.

I would probably roll a Naga or Ethereal too if they were added as well but i personally don't believe they would be possible and although i like them, i don't support the idea of them due to the many hoops blizz would need to jump through just to give them basic things like legs and a face. :( I really would love *some* kind of reptilian race though.

as for new classes, we really do need some kind of class that can use ranged weapons as their main. as much as i enjoy having first, second and third pick of all ranged weapons that drop, they probably need to balance that out a bit more.

Boven
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn

Unread post by Boven »

While I'd love playable Arakkoa (especially hunters. Using the feather item to turn into one while raiding shows some great animations), I think they'd require way too much work to be put into the game. Most armor would end up looking really wierd or bad on them in my opinion.
Ebonrook
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord (US)

Unread post by Ebonrook »

While I don't think it'll happen in this expansion, I'd love to see Arakkoa as a race sometime. After Spires of Arak, everyone's seemed to fall in love with them even more – myself included. Though I don't really expect to see a new race since we're already kind of heavy with them as is (many of which that need their stories fleshed out more). A new class? Perhaps. If we do get the South Seas expansion, I think the Shadowhunter class would make sense (since they'd likely be DPS/Healing) since we don't have any classes aside from Hunters that can use non-magical ranged weapons. Which, from a design standpoint, seems a bit of a waste.

I think what I'd like to see more is another loosening of class restriction for races. Gnome Hunters, Worgen Shaman, Draenei Rogues (*points to Altaaur*), Troll...Paladins? (IDK), and so on. Not to mention Blizzard following up on their comment about loosening transmog restrictions as time goes on. Honestly, I think that's my major wish in general. More customization in form of class combos, MAYBE sub-races (doubt it'll ever happen), tattoos, glasses, more transmog options, etc...

Oh and model updates for Worgen and Goblins would be keen.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Ebonrook wrote:I think what I'd like to see more is another loosening of class restriction for races. Gnome Hunters, Worgen Shaman, Draenei Rogues (*points to Altaaur*), Troll...Paladins? (IDK), and so on.
I'd love to see some of these too. Gnome Hunters seem to be a particular favourite :) Night Elf Paladins would probably make sense too. Give them more of a moon theme. Undead Paladins would be interesting, in that there's already at least one in the game and it could maybe be made to fit an interesting progression in the race's story. From memory (don't quote me) they can wield the light but it really hurts them, which I think would make a much more interesting story than just another shiny and righteous knight.