Flying in WoW Discussion

Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Re: Flying in WoW Discussion

Unread post by Lisaara »

Experimentation is a thing.

Also, you forget a lot of this, many MANY players wanted to have an expansion where they were grounded before flying was ever a thing like it was in Vanilla. So if you wanna blame anyone, blame the Vanilla players that wanted this and were loudest.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

AdamSavage

Unread post by AdamSavage »

Junrei wrote:Experimentation is a thing.

Also, you forget a lot of this, many MANY players wanted to have an expansion where they were grounded before flying was ever a thing like it was in Vanilla. So if you wanna blame anyone, blame the Vanilla players that wanted this and were loudest.
True, but what I found ironic is when they said no flying ever. Quite a few people (likely the Vanilla players as well) got very loud over this. I bet you the same people that wanted to be grounded, would fly if given the option.
I believe if you can believe out of nothing an explosion (big bang) happened then how far fetched can god be?

Dr. Who Video!

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Of course they would. It's convenient. Far more than being grounded.

LisaaraPokefarm

Malackai
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: EU- Kazak

Unread post by Malackai »

Junrei wrote:If you're familiar with coding, then you can't be that mad at them cause they wanted to test the waters and see what was going to happen. While communication could've been better, I think a lot of you are being a bit too harsh on them when sometimes.....a lot of this was also out of their control as well. Often the devs have to wait to hear from another dept before they can do/say anything.
Then they should have been honest upfront and told the truth. If they did indeed already knew during beta they where going to play the wait and see game or that they where already thinking of never enabling it in the first place they should have told us at that point. tbh if they told upfront during beta that they where thinking and maybe wanted to see how noflight was going to work for this expansion there would have been some disappointment but it would not have blown up like it has now.

Just because I am familiar with coding doesn't mean I cant be mad. I know how important it it to be honest and upfront with customers and how important communication is. Being quiet and hoping it goes away is the most horrible thing you can do or coming up with BS excuses. There's no idea how much you can stall with just the correct communication and still have customers happy.

Its the same reason why the devs of FF14 are not being lynced in the forums (theirs a whiner here and there but its not prevalent)
Because they have a tendency to tell when they run in to problems, what the problems can be for a new functionality or why they cant implement certain futures people have been requesting etc. They even tell with certain things they are going to wait and see first how things work out or if its even possible to implement it because they are not sure about the limitations they have to work with.
They don't say feature X is going to be implemented/enabled while they are already thinking to play a wait and see game or of never implementing it in the first place.

Worse part from blizzard is that they are keeping players hanging yet again for the new exspac. You would have thought they actually learned from their mistake and yet they go ahead and make the same mistake again.
My flightrising: Flight Rising
My DA page: http://malackai.deviantart.com/
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Malackai wrote: Then they should have been honest upfront and told the truth. If they did indeed already knew during beta they where going to play the wait and see game or that they where already thinking of never enabling it in the first place they should have told us at that point. tbh if they told upfront during beta that they where thinking and maybe wanted to see how noflight was going to work for this expansion there would have been some disappointment but it would not have blown up like it has now.
But they did. Frequently. From early on they told us they were going to wait and see. They never set a deadline for flying.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Wain wrote:
Malackai wrote: Then they should have been honest upfront and told the truth. If they did indeed already knew during beta they where going to play the wait and see game or that they where already thinking of never enabling it in the first place they should have told us at that point. tbh if they told upfront during beta that they where thinking and maybe wanted to see how noflight was going to work for this expansion there would have been some disappointment but it would not have blown up like it has now.
But they did. Frequently. From early on they told us they were going to wait and see. They never set a deadline for flying.
^ This

LisaaraPokefarm

Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Ner'zhul (US)

Unread post by Xota »

Wain wrote:
They gave extremely mixed messages. Sometimes they told us they were going to wait and see, accompanied with misrepresentation of why people wanted flying (eg: that we just wanted to skip quest mooks). Sometimes they said they weren't going to have flying (eg: Watcher, in May 2015). Sometimes they said they were going to have flying, and did set a deadline (eg: 6.1).

They bungled every aspect of it, and missed an opportunity for unrolling flying in a more interesting way that would have addressed their design concerns even better than how they've ended up.
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Even if they gave mixed messages, which likely they were given mixed messages by higher ups too, the fact remains whether you like what happened or not. They did tell us. They did communicate. They never set a definite deadline.

LisaaraPokefarm

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

There's no doubt there was some bad communication there, and not just regarding flying. The way that some things have been phrased in the past year have been open to wide interpretation. Some of it may be by people who *want* to find something to twist, but I think a lot of it was innocent too. Some of the statements that were made by official communicators I think could have done with a bit more internal critique ("how could this be misinterpreted?") before release. And it's clear they have a vocal segment of their client base that are quite unforgiving with such things (not meaning anyone here, but there are people who treat any misunderstanding as if they'd had a dagger driven through their hearts), so it seems pretty important for their own PR these days.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Malackai
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: EU- Kazak

Unread post by Malackai »

Wain wrote:
They really dint the whole wait and see started after 6.1 that's far after release..
My flightrising: Flight Rising
My DA page: http://malackai.deviantart.com/
AdamSavage

Flying officially comes out tomorrow.
I believe if you can believe out of nothing an explosion (big bang) happened then how far fetched can god be?

Dr. Who Video!

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Yes, yes it does.

LisaaraPokefarm

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Ugh.....Tanaan dailies have become a nightmare thanks to flying now. I wish they would've kept Tanaan ground only like timeless isle. Now bosses are dead within seconds instead of minutes cause fliers hover over them and freakin dive bomb them.

LisaaraPokefarm

Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

Junrei wrote:Ugh.....Tanaan dailies have become a nightmare thanks to flying now. I wish they would've kept Tanaan ground only like timeless isle. Now bosses are dead within seconds instead of minutes cause fliers hover over them and freakin dive bomb them.
I agree. Like whole areas have been empty wtf! First time ive ever seen anything like it.

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Castile wrote:
Junrei wrote:Ugh.....Tanaan dailies have become a nightmare thanks to flying now. I wish they would've kept Tanaan ground only like timeless isle. Now bosses are dead within seconds instead of minutes cause fliers hover over them and freakin dive bomb them.
I agree. Like whole areas have been empty wtf! First time ive ever seen anything like it.
Dead...until a rare spawns...then you see twenty people swoop in and murder it within seconds.

LisaaraPokefarm

Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

Unread post by Sukurachi »

waah, I wanna fly!!! evil blizzard lying to us! waah!

*months later*

waah! flying is annoying!!! evil blizzard not taking into account how it will change the game even if it's the player base that wailed and gnashed teeth begging for flying! waah!

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Sukurachi wrote:waah, I wanna fly!!! evil blizzard lying to us! waah!

*months later*

waah! flying is annoying!!! evil blizzard not taking into account how it will change the game even if it's the player base that wailed and gnashed teeth begging for flying! waah!
Granted, I'm not in the group that demanded to fly. XD But yes, I've seen that though too and it's not that surprising.

LisaaraPokefarm

Kalasta
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Uther

Unread post by Kalasta »

I'm just glad I got all my faction reps to exalted in the Tanaan Jungle...cept the Saberstalkers...only revered with them..but working on it..

A big thank-you to Tårnfalk for re-sizing this sig pic.

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Kalasta wrote:
I'm just glad I got all my faction reps to exalted in the Tanaan Jungle...cept the Saberstalkers...only revered with them..but working on it..
They're the easiest ones since you'd only need to do their weekly 4 - 7 times give or take.

LisaaraPokefarm

AdamSavage

I've noticed this as well. You just have to be in the right area, and think fast. I've gotten most of the rares this way, but there are still I notice to late and it's dead before I can get a shot off.

Dr. Who Video!