10 years after starting in WoW... [Very image heavy]

Snope
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Area 52 (Horde), Wyrmrest Accord (Both)

10 years after starting in WoW... [Very image heavy]

Unread post by Snope »

Since I recently realized that I first started in WoW 10 years ago, I decided it would be fun to revisit some of the places I remember from way back when on my original Hunter main that I rescued from my original, (formerly) stolen account. He may be a Draenei now instead of a Night Elf and he may have a completely different name, but he's still my very first character.

His transmog set is a(n almost) complete Beast Lord set since that was around the item tier I lost him at, plus a weapon that matches Fahrad's Reloading Repeater (my level 60 weapon of choice pre-BC.)

Ah, Aldrassil. The Nelf noob zone. Where my WoW journey started.

And here's a Strigid Screecher, the first enemy that gave me trouble! Then again, I was two levels below them. Back then, two levels was a pretty significant difference in power. I think.

Ouch. Menethil Harbor hasn't aged well.

The march from Menethil Harbor to get to Stormwind was pretty tough. I got struck down by a few mobs on the way. But it felt like one hell of an adventure to run all the way through a foreboding wetland and through the mountains to reach Ironforge.

Westfall, where more old-timey noob leveling happened! Especially since my original alts (specifically a Human Rogue and a Night Elf Druid) never got past here.

This place used to be infested by Defias members instead of Kobolds.

Duskwood, where I discovered my love for the original Worgs and stumbled upon terrifyingly powerful ghost dragons.

When I first came here, I was scared off by the level ?? panthers. But then at level 30, I came in bows blazing and made them my prey of choice for the early 30s.

The Circle of Inner Binding. Anyone remember this place? It was one of the places to grind in the late 30s.

My first mount ever at level 40. This was huge for 12-year-old me. I even remember parking somewhere around here to take a picture of it.

The Hinterlands were a nice place to take a little detour to in the early 40s...

But it was Tanaris that was the most memorable zone. He's surprised by the flooding that happened here while he was gone.

And he was pleasantly surprised to see that his hunt of Scourge forces in Sorrow Hill was not in vain.

...The same can't really be said for the Scarlet Crusade forces in Tyr's Hand. "Seriously?! They're still here?!"

After reaching Level 60, I paid for my epic mount by hunting freaking Devilsaurs and selling pants made of their leather. It was a pretty fun hunt that took quite some time and effort to complete.

I'll likely post more areas from my BC days (and maybe WotLK and Cata too) later. And if I remember any other locations from my noob days, I'll post them later too.
Attachments
WoWScrnShot_112915_203116.jpg
WoWScrnShot_112915_203116.jpg (461.11 KiB) Viewed 2114 times
WoWScrnShot_112915_203452.jpg
WoWScrnShot_112915_203452.jpg (413.42 KiB) Viewed 2114 times
WoWScrnShot_112915_203823.jpg
WoWScrnShot_112915_203823.jpg (439.54 KiB) Viewed 2114 times
WoWScrnShot_112915_205342.jpg
WoWScrnShot_112915_205342.jpg (354 KiB) Viewed 2114 times
WoWScrnShot_112915_205546.jpg
WoWScrnShot_112915_205546.jpg (408.81 KiB) Viewed 2114 times
WoWScrnShot_112915_205712.jpg
WoWScrnShot_112915_205712.jpg (424.28 KiB) Viewed 2114 times
WoWScrnShot_112915_204338.jpg
WoWScrnShot_112915_204338.jpg (629.83 KiB) Viewed 2114 times
WoWScrnShot_112915_204540.jpg
WoWScrnShot_112915_204540.jpg (352.19 KiB) Viewed 2114 times
WoWScrnShot_112915_204608.jpg
WoWScrnShot_112915_204608.jpg (372.46 KiB) Viewed 2114 times
WoWScrnShot_112915_204656.jpg
WoWScrnShot_112915_204656.jpg (527.48 KiB) Viewed 2114 times
Rhyela
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: US - Ysera

Re: 10 years after starting in WoW... [Very image heavy]

Unread post by Rhyela »

Man, reading this is almost like going through it all again myself. Ah, the memories. :)

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Makoes
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

Ahh the memories!!!!

Devilsaurs *shudders* stealthy giant dino's of DOOM!!!
I remember hunting those crystals in Un'goro for quests. And Killing things among the Cacti in Tanaris for the nogginfogger elixir, those where fun memories, the world seemed so much BIGGER on the back of a ground mount.
Heck, I remember being so proud to finally reach the 1 gold mark on my first toon, how I scrapped and scavenged to earn that! Let alone making the "big" purchase for mount training and a mount!!! Oh how fast I was on that lv 40 mount! Blazing across the land!

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

Snope
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Snope »

Makoes wrote:And Killing things among the Cacti in Tanaris for the nogginfogger elixir
Oh yeah! I did that quest too.
Snope
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Snope »

To celebrate the 10th anniversary of getting my first character to level 60, here's more pictures!

Finding new flight paths was an adventure in itself back then. I had to go all the way through Stonetalon Mountains and Desolace to get the one in Feralas.

...It's a shame what happened to this destination, though.

I remember wandering into Felwood and running into scarily powerful (and just plain scary) monsters. Fortunately, I grew stronger and came back to fight them on more equal footing.

I remember when this door was closed. It looked a lot more low-res too.

Sunken Temple was my bread and butter in my Hunter's 50s... when I could find a group, that is. Getting a group was a pain back in the day. And then there was attunement...

I eagerly anticipated going to Lower Blackrock Spire for the first time to tame a brown Bloodaxe Worg. They don't seem to have that unique color anymore.

I remember trying to tame Rak'shiri before some unresponsive bot (I think) coldly killed the beast before my eyes. And thus began my resentment toward bots.

Blackrock Depths was where I reached level 60. Somewhere around this tunnel, if memory serves.
Rhyela

Unread post by Rhyela »

:3 So awesome reading this stuff. I might have to re-trace some of my steps one of these days. Looks like you are using one of two pets in most of these pics. What are their names and how did you acquire them? :)

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Snope
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Snope »

Rhyela wrote::3 So awesome reading this stuff. I might have to re-trace some of my steps one of these days. Looks like you are using one of two pets in most of these pics. What are their names and how did you acquire them? :)
The wolf is a Black Ravager from Duskwood and the cat is a Nightsaber from Teldrassil. They're pretty common models, but I decided to re-tame them because of their sentimental value.
Rhyela

Unread post by Rhyela »

I think rarity is pretty overrated. Some of my favorite pets have been the ones that are a dime a dozen. :) You're making me all nostalgic, now!

Snope
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Snope »

Rhyela wrote:I think rarity is pretty overrated. Some of my favorite pets have been the ones that are a dime a dozen. :) You're making me all nostalgic, now!
...And now here are some pictures with a rare pet.

Raiding in Vanilla... felt like I was just being carried through everything. Didn't feel like it actually counted.
Here's AQ20... back when it was AQ20 instead of AQ10. Found a Crossbow here, I guess.

[Boss deceased- I mean, missing]

I remember fighting Garr in Molten Core at some point.

Lucaan kneels in remembrance of the spirits who aided him and his raid against the Bloodlord, Mandokir.