Mog Issues

Rawr
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Mog Issues

Unread post by Rawr »

So what's the deal with Blizzard's can be mogged/can't be mogged policy? They say no silly stuff but Flesh and Bone is literally a piece of meat with a bite out of it, and it's moggable. Spider Splatter Mace on the other hand not moggable? Come on Disney did a whole movie about how great frying pans were as a weapon! Here's both of them if you dislike links.

It was Tangled btw. :mrgreen:

Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Re: Mog Issues

Unread post by Vephriel »

There's definitely some oddities. :x I've noticed the second set of gear you get from the DK starter zone doesn't want to be transmogged for some reason??? Not the starter set with the hood, but the other set you get as you quest through the area. I have the appearance unlocked, it shows up in my appearance tab, but it's...unavailable for some reason and I can't figure it out for the life of me. x_x
Teigan
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

I think it's a crime that you can't dual wield ham and eggs! For shame, Blizzard! XD

Hm, what I think is odd is that you can transmog the noblewoman's attire and noble's boots over anything. I'm not sure how this works, but it amuses me. I used it on my worgen for a few days, until the novelty wore off. Here is my blood elf modelling it, cause she happened to be there.

Attachments
nobles.jpg
nobles.jpg (100.91 KiB) Viewed 1983 times
zedxrgal
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

I'm still bitter as hell the Twilight Cultist set cannot be transmogged. I mean. I want to spew colorful metaphors over this. Makes no sense why of all the great cloth gear this isn't and other almost toy like items are.

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

Unread post by Sukurachi »

I'm still upset about Sandrene's Invisible Vest not being moggable.

There's no real reason to deny it. I keep reading people comment "what about naked female characters"... well, right now you can't GET a naked female character, she always has a bra of some sort. So what's the issue?

many leather-wearing classes would look awesome bare-chested, and there are countless NPCs who go bare-chested. So why aren't players allowed to do so (without a penalty for not wearing anything)?

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

Teigan
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

Sukurachi wrote:I'm still upset about Sandrene's Invisible Vest not being moggable.

There's no real reason to deny it. I keep reading people comment "what about naked female characters"... well, right now you can't GET a naked female character, she always has a bra of some sort. So what's the issue?

many leather-wearing classes would look awesome bare-chested, and there are countless NPCs who go bare-chested. So why aren't players allowed to do so (without a penalty for not wearing anything)?
Agreed. And since some actual chest pieces are more revealing than the permanent bras under them (tell me how that works...), the argument of "oh noes, boobs!" doesn't really make sense.
zedxrgal wrote:I'm still bitter as hell the Twilight Cultist set cannot be transmogged. I mean. I want to spew colorful metaphors over this. Makes no sense why of all the great cloth gear this isn't and other almost toy like items are.
That does bother me as well. Why the noblewoman's top, skirt and boots, but not the Twilight Cultist stuff, which arguably looks much more like actual gear.
Rawr
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Rawr »

Heroic Cookie's Tenderizer was changed to a weird spikey thing that is moggable, normal Cookie's Tenderizer looks like a rolling pin and is not moggable, this makes me sad. Also there are 3 types of femur bone maces, white, black, and bone color. The bone color one is the only non-moggable one, Oggleflint's Inspirer. I can stab people with an X-mas tree, but smack them with a frying pan or rolling pin? Nope. :| :mrgreen:

Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Vephriel wrote:There's definitely some oddities. :x I've noticed the second set of gear you get from the DK starter zone doesn't want to be transmogged for some reason??? Not the starter set with the hood, but the other set you get as you quest through the area. I have the appearance unlocked, it shows up in my appearance tab, but it's...unavailable for some reason and I can't figure it out for the life of me. x_x
Oh weird! That's what my DK is wearing (mostly; I swapped the shoulders to a model that DOESN'T cut into her chest -_- ), but I mogged that prior to the pre-patch. D:

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

Unread post by Sukurachi »

I have another question regarding mogging:

I could swear that the first time I logged into the beta (either that or I saw it in a Blizzard video) there was a way of knowing where items came from in the transmog UI. You would mouse over an item in the list on the right and it would say where it came from.

Now I can't even see un-collected items in my mog window. I could SWEAR I had access to a list of items that I had not collected when I looked at that interface.

Is this feature gone? Did it never exist and I'm remembering some sort of fever dream?

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

Serenith
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US, Bloodsail Buccaneers Classic

Unread post by Serenith »

I think it had been moved to the same tab as pets, mounts, toys, and heirlooms. Cause there is a tab for appearances. If that is what you are asking about.

Adorable avatar by the very talented Lupisdarkmoon! Thanks!

Sigrah
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Area 52

Unread post by Sigrah »

Sukurachi wrote:I'm still upset about Sandrene's Invisible Vest not being moggable.

I think everyone has their pet items they'd like to see moggable, but aren't. Mine is the Forever-Lovely Rose and the Twilight Cultist set from Sithilus, and most white quality items in general because, outside of a rare oddity every now and then, there's no reason they shouldn't be allowed to be moggable outside of the number of possible man hours it might take (no idea if that'd be an issue or not, but could see it as a barrier).

Unfortunately, we're stuck with whatever Blizzard decides their willing to do with Transmog for the most part. But, if Blizzard ever decides to request feedback about transmog and items they'd like to see made moggable (similar to what they did with Hunters and pets they wish they could tame a few years back), I'll add my $0.02 cents like everyone else that's passionate about it like I am (most of which, I believe, have responded to this particular thread :)