random gear ideas

Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Ner'zhul (US)

random gear ideas

Unread post by Xota »

When browsing through available xmogs, I find myself wishing various gear existed, and I doubt I'm the only one. Here's some I've cooked up. Please add your own ideas.

Chest (especially leather):
bare (male) and sarashi (female, if no shirt worn). There are npc monks around Outland's Auchendoon that are either bare chested or wearing a simple chest wrap. From what I've seen, Sandrene's Invisible Vest is high on the xmog wishlist for a number of people, and a sarashi (instead of the default bra) might address whatever problem blizz has with Sandrene's being xmoggable.

Shirt:
dark turtleneck. Some head/faces look better when the neck is covered.

bracers:
  • there should be bracers that don't interfere with shirts that have bell-bottomed sleeves. I think there's gloves that already work that way, but because all bracers clamp down shirt sleeves, it makes bell-sleeved shirts pointless.
  • northrend worgen's arm spikes.
head:
  • plate and cloth eyepatches. If not look-a-likes for the leather/mail versions, the cloth one could be a blindfold to cover just one eye and the plate one could be bolted on (like Odin in the Marvel movies).
  • more pirate hats, especially leather. Like a tricorner, and a bandana worn like a pirate scarf.
  • Northrend worgen face mask.
  • Antlers. Previously, the antler helmets all had the antlers attached to some other hat or sweatband, but there should be a model with them growing directly out of the head. For Tauren, moonkin, and stag models, they should replace the existing horns/antlers.
  • more voodoo masks, especially mail.
legs:
kilts, stopping at the knee. They wouldn't all need to be plaid, there are troll npcs with tribal kilts already. But for plaids, there could be an assortment, like Bronzebeard, Wildhammer (royal), Wildhammer (Kirthaven green and gold), Dark Iron, Wrynn, Gnomeregan.

shoulder:
  • northrend worgen monion.
  • Johana's shoulders from HotS
feet:
geta, tall enough that the player model would have to be elevated above the ground a few inches.

back:
asymmetric tattered cloak (long).
Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

Re: random gear ideas

Unread post by Sukurachi »

there is a warlock raid reward (molten core) that is just a pair of demonic horns coming out of the forehead.

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

Xota wrote:
[*]Antlers. Previously, the antler helmets all had the antlers attached to some other hat or sweatband, but there should be a model with them growing directly out of the head. For Tauren, moonkin, and stag models, they should replace the existing horns/antlers.
As cool as this idea is you won't ever see them without a helm/band attached because of the druid lore behind having antlers as a sign of greatness (which is why only arch druids have them). The closest you'll get is the demon ones like Suku said or the teir helm pieces (which have a headband still).

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

Rhyela
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

I wish they'd add some of the lower-level engineering goggles in as something other than cloth. I so badly want that single-lens goggle for Rhyela, but it's cloth so I can't use it for xmog. I'd also love cloaks that are worn over the shoulder, similar to this:

Or some that are a hood/cloak combo.

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Ner'zhul (US)

Unread post by Xota »

Ooh, a cloak like that would be pretty awesome. Not only does it look cool, it has a "this has a function" feel too it, instead of the "little kid dressing up like superman" cape.

And if players' druids are so powerful they're getting the scythe of elune and other artifacts, and are seen as a leader of druids on Azeroth, then I think that's at least as much stature as an infant Broll Bearmantle, who had antlers at birth, if you want to get knee-deep in lore.
Rhyela
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

Xota wrote:Ooh, a cloak like that would be pretty awesome. Not only does it look cool, it has a "this has a function" feel too it, instead of the "little kid dressing up like superman" cape.
I have never been able to put my finger on what bothers me about our current cloaks, but I think this nails it! It's exactly like that! My brother used to tie a blanket around his neck and run around the house, and that's what it looks like! Every actual cloak I personally have ever seen in real life has clasped around the front and can be hung over the shoulders, and very often have a hood as well. Maybe there'd be issues with clipping or something, but I think they would look awesome.

I also second the motion for shorter shirts/kilts/etc. There are so many nice boots that are covered by those long robes, and I can't imagine it'd be that hard to add them in. But, I'm not a programmer so I have no idea. :lol:

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.