How fun are Melee hunters?

Everything Hunter-related, except pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Redith
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: several

How fun are Melee hunters?

Unread post by Redith »

I have a level 90 boost hanging around that I could use on a hunter so I can play surv melee character, but if it isn't fun than I will use it on a....something else lol.
zedxrgal
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Re: How fun are Melee hunters?

Unread post by zedxrgal »

I absolutely love SV! TO ME, SV is very engaging even without the artifact weapon. Yes it can be (is?) slightly under power but I don't care. It's not an easy spec to master because you have to be so spot on with everything.

If you have a high enough hunter just change specs and try it out. Otherwise. The other option would be to download /install the PTR and muck around with a premade on there.

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Ner'zhul (US)

Unread post by Xota »

I'm having fun, but maybe because mine is a spear wielding voodoo gnome. I'm sure I'm not doing the rotation right at all. But perhaps that's the other reason I'm having fun, sometimes you just want to mash buttons. I would say it's kind of like a cross between UD DK and Outlaw Rogues. You're melee and have a pet (although your pet can take the damage if you want it to). But sometimes I find I have to be at range, so I just switch to throwing hatchets and axes (like outlaws can switch to pistols). Also with the right talents, Outlaws can play dice, and Survival hunters can play jacks.
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

I'm not sure if I can speak much because my SV hunter is only in his 30s right now, but so far, after starting one from scratch to get a feel for the playstyle, I am having WAY more fun than I expected to. It might just be the lower levels, but questing has felt awesome and I just tear through enemies like paper. I'm just having a lot of fun. :)
Karathyriel
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Not playing anymore.

Unread post by Karathyriel »

Vephriel wrote:I'm not sure if I can speak much because my SV hunter is only in his 30s right now, but so far, after starting one from scratch to get a feel for the playstyle, I am having WAY more fun than I expected to. It might just be the lower levels, but questing has felt awesome and I just tear through enemies like paper. I'm just having a lot of fun. :)
/signed 100 %
Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

I'm honestly having A LOT of fun with it. x3 SV is a blast.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Rhyela
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

Tons. I love it! I don't even care that it pulls less damage than the other two, it's way more entertaining to me. And I still have my beloved pets, so I'm golden.

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Redith
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: several

Unread post by Redith »

Ok then, after I get off shift tonight I will play around on one of my other hunters and see if I want to boost him to 100
Sigrah
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Area 52

Unread post by Sigrah »

*Archimonde blasts you high up in the air* "Ha! Enjoy falling to death stoopid newb!"

*Telerie chucks a harpoon into Archimonde's foot, avoiding falling damage entirely, then bitchslaps Archimonde with 6 straight Mongoose strikes thanks to Snake Hunter talent* "Hope it was as good for you as it was for me"

*Archimonde* "!!! That ****ing hurt you ****!!!

Need I say more? ;)
zedxrgal
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

Sigrah wrote:*Archimonde blasts you high up in the air* "Ha! Enjoy falling to death stoopid newb!"

*Telerie chucks a harpoon into Archimonde's foot, avoiding falling damage entirely, then bitchslaps Archimonde with 6 straight Mongoose strikes thanks to Snake Hunter talent* "Hope it was as good for you as it was for me"

*Archimonde* "!!! That ****ing hurt you ****!!!

Need I say more? ;)

This. :lol:

Nothing like doing heroic Archimonde in SV. :lol:

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

My baby gnome hunter is leveling SV from scratch. I'm not very high yet because I don't have a lot of time to play and I'm on a laptop, but I think it's a blast so far! I love what Blizzard has done to create a melee hunter. :)

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Squirrel
Realm: Argent Dawn

Unread post by Squirrel »

I've wholeheartedly enjoyed Survival so far. Though I do frequently find myself in a full melee group and end up having to switch to BM just to give the healer a bit easier time. :< It's tons of fun though!
Jasanni
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Jasanni »

I have four hunters now, mostly because I LOVE the class and I also RP and have way too many ideas for hunter characters. I'll actually be leveling up another one fairly soon too, lol! Two of my hunters are SV, my tauren and my troll, and I LOVE THE SPEC TO BITS. I have no interest in them being raiding toons so the damage or lack thereof that people mention here and there has absolutely no bearing on my enjoyment of the game. For those two, SV just fits my headcanon for them; ranged damage just never felt right. On the other hand, my draenei is a BM (always has been) and my belf is MM (again, always has been) because those specs fit them more.

So yes, Survival is HELLA fun! ^^

~ Avatar by Blencem, Signature by Ashaine ~

Kayb
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Kayb »

It's not for me, but I can see why others are enjoying it. I'd rather have a hybrid style like before they made us ranged only back in the day
Check out some arty stuff?
http://admiral-lilwall.deviantart.com/

'Words do not win wars. That is a tragedy.'

http://lilwall.net