What do you like about wow?

What brought you to wow and kept you in wow?

Classes
14%
Races
29%
Lore
14%
Zones
No votes
Instances
No votes
Professions
No votes
PvP
No votes
PvE
No votes
Questing
No votes
All of the Above
29%
Not Listed
14%

Total votes: 7

Takanuka
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Whisperwind

What do you like about wow?

Unread post by Takanuka »

Curious on what brought you guys and what continues to keep you playing wow.

Zones like how beautifully they were done, etc.

If its not listed say what brought you over pls :D.
Aweena
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Terenas, Argent Dawn

Re: What do you like about wow?

Unread post by Aweena »

Would have to say one thing is missing from your list i play for the people i meet in game as well i have so many friends from different countries and they seem to keep me coming back.

Other than that the game is still as nice as it used to be it is just when you get older everything back then seemed better i currently play on a tbc unofficial server as well and boy does leveling take ages ;)

If love is an illusion to hell with reality

Shelassa
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: EU Magtheridon

Unread post by Shelassa »

Warcraft (the strategy) was one of my first games ever and being very easily impressed kid with a soft spot for fantasy, I immediately fell in love with it and its characters. WoW itself was not my first MMO, I played Ultima, Lineage and I think Everquest before it, coming to the game in late-ish TBC.

What immediately striked me was how close the game was to the original strategy in terms of atmosphere - voice overs, icons, models of mobs, NPCs and scenery, all that. It was a world of my favourite strategy coming alive on my screen. Admittedly, as a player I sucked quite badly back then, my guild didn't even wanna see me in dungeons, haha. That's when I opened a world of PvP for myself and got immediately sucked in. Hours long Alteracs, vicious fights at Arathi Basin or Warsong Gulch, all that.

I left sometime around the first patch of Cataclysm - I think I didn't even reach 85... and returned on a new account with a friend who hadn't seen WoW before in the Throne of Thunder patch of Pandaria. That experience was amazing for both of us - for her as a new player, for me as returning player who had seen revamped Cata locations for the first time. About that time both of us also started reading the WoW books and were impressed with just what a huge amount of lore the game has, not without frustrations at what has been done to it at times, of course (I'm looking at you, Kael!).

So, to sum it up, I'd say that for it is lore first and foremost and secondly that WoW has a lot to offer to any kind of player - casual or hardcore, PvP or PvE, "kissing squirrels" aka achievement hunting, pets, transmogs, etc. :)
Rhyela
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

For me, it's largely because of the friends I've made. I also like many of Legion's class changes.

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.