Broken Isles Pathfinder

AdamSavage
Illustrious Master Hunter

Broken Isles Pathfinder

Unread post by AdamSavage »

So I just got back into the game, about 6 months behind. Dinged 110 today, and started the grind Sunday. Trying to do the Pathfinder achievment, but the more I keep trying the loremaster. The more I'm getting overwelmed and frustrated. Not to mention being bombarded with quest, soon as I fly to Dal @ 110... I read somewhere, that there is simply too much to do in this expansion and I'm starting to think they are right. I like questing to a point, but this feels like Mist of Pandaria all over again. The time I get everything I need for Part 1 of flying, I will still need to do part 2.. By this point, I'm likely already nicely geared and have little use to fly around the world. It's an insane amount of work, to get something back that they keep taking away from us, aside from being about to use it in old content.
I believe if you can believe out of nothing an explosion (big bang) happened then how far fetched can god be?

Dr. Who Video!

Rawr
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Re: Broken Isles Pathfinder

Unread post by Rawr »

AdamSavage

That's what I've been using, and that's what's overwelming me. I think I did like the MOP Panda's would always say. "slow down!"
I believe if you can believe out of nothing an explosion (big bang) happened then how far fetched can god be?

Dr. Who Video!

Xella
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Skywall-US

Unread post by Xella »

I basically felt the same way; as soon as I dinged 110 I was just... there was too much, all at once. Warlords started feeling like that on new alts toward the end of the expansion (so many exclamation points in your garrison!) but to have it be that overwhelming at the START...

The easiest way for me to break it down was to set my artifact knowledge and class hall questline rolling, and work on questing/exploring in ONE zone at a time—by the time you complete loremaster for a zone, you've got 95% of it explored already, so that's two birds with one stone. Once all four levelable zones were done (and by done I mean "done enough to unlock world quests and 3/4 were actually loremaster-complete; I sat on the Black Rook Hold bits of Val'sharah for an incredibly long time for some reason), I focused on world quests that were in areas that had emissary quests; if you have time to do ALL the world quests in a zone that's fantastic, but most of them don't give a huge amount of rep unless it's world quest weekend; focus on doing the 3-4 for your emissary and maybe any others that are convenient or sound interesting. Keep your Artifact Knowledge rolling as best you can; if you need to prioritize world quests that give order resources as a reward that's not the worst, though there are some days where it can get dicey.

Once you've gotten a handle on keeping your emissaries on cooldown and stop feeling so overwhelmed by them (day 1 can be dicey cos you'll have three emissaries up and you might not be able to double dip if wardens or kirin tor aren't one of the three), you can start working on Suramar's questline. Four world quests a day leaves a little time to handle Nightfallen.

Things will pick up again once you hit one of the Nightfallen rep breakpoints; if you have the leftover time/energy to do so I would prioritize Suramar's world quests from the beginning if you're feeling like you have more (world) questing in you after you're done with your emissaries because Suramar is the only zone whose storyline (and loremaster) is rep gated; 25 rep per world quest doesn't feel very good but it does all add up if you can manage to stomach it.

Even if you're doing absolutely everything available to you every day it's a slow process and I don't feel like doing absolutely everything speeds it up enough to be worth the effort.

TLDR: I like to go class hall, one zone of loremaster+exploring at a time (they go hand in hand very well in most zones), pick up the quest to unlock world quests. Then get a handle on your emissaries and start Suramar; do extra world quests (and dungeon queues and such) at your leisure, but don't stress about it.

A lot of the exclamation points that show up in Dalaran can be safely ignored until you feel more comfortable; Khadgar is the only quest give you really have to pay attention to, and that only to start Suramar ("A Magic Message" or some such) and for the quest that gives you the Flight Master's Whistle and unlocks world quests (I don't remember anything even resembling the name of that one, lol). He also gives some quests that lead you to Karazhan (via Halls of Valor and such), which can be ignored until or unless you're ready for them.
Current main: Xella-Skywall | Art Stuffs | Brains.
Sigrah
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Area 52

Unread post by Sigrah »

AdamSavage wrote:So I just got back into the game, about 6 months behind. Dinged 110 today, and started the grind Sunday. Trying to do the Pathfinder achievment, but the more I keep trying the loremaster. The more I'm getting overwelmed and frustrated. Not to mention being bombarded with quest, soon as I fly to Dal @ 110... I read somewhere, that there is simply too much to do in this expansion and I'm starting to think they are right. I like questing to a point, but this feels like Mist of Pandaria all over again. The time I get everything I need for Part 1 of flying, I will still need to do part 2.. By this point, I'm likely already nicely geared and have little use to fly around the world. It's an insane amount of work, to get something back that they keep taking away from us, aside from being about to use it in old content.
Pretty much summed up why I quit over 2 months ago now. Hope you find something to make it better for you, though.
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

I probably won't get broken isles flying until next expansion, as even part one of pathfinder is gated behind 5-p dungeons.
Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

Unread post by Sukurachi »

There is WAY too much emphasis put on dungeons and raids this expansion. Whether it be for this achievement, or simple questing, or even crafting - almost ALL crafts require doing dungeons for recipes.

I've decided to take this expansion easy. I'm barely bothering to do anything. If it's fun, I do it. If it's a PITA, I don't. So I don't get flying or finish my class hall quest line? bah, I don't care at this point.

The next expansion will, however, be my last if the same thing happens. If the emphasis is again on dungeons, raids, groups, I'll have to quit playing, as much as I have been a loyal player since vanilla. I'll just go back to FF:XII on my old Playstation 2.

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

This expansion is very overwhelming I find - even for veterans like my husband and myself. There's so much to do and if you take a break you feel very far behind. I basically just do an lfr when I can be bothered and a few mount runs and that's it. I barely log in every week now when it used to be once a day. I want to get back into it but I just feel so...tired looking at all the stuff I need to do! It's really sad - I still love wow but I can't see myself flying or finishing my weapon (let alone starting an alt) anytime soon.

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

AdamSavage

Castile wrote:This expansion is very overwhelming I find - even for veterans like my husband and myself. There's so much to do and if you take a break you feel very far behind. I basically just do an lfr when I can be bothered and a few mount runs and that's it. I barely log in every week now when it used to be once a day. I want to get back into it but I just feel so...tired looking at all the stuff I need to do! It's really sad - I still love wow but I can't see myself flying or finishing my weapon (let alone starting an alt) anytime soon.
I'm 6 months behind, so you can imagine the amount of catch up I'm trying to do. I'm currently 36.4% into Good Suramaritan. Then it seems, I have to keep going just to be able to go into Nighthood. I don't understand why everything is so gated behind a quest this expansion. They really took it to the extreme.

Dr. Who Video!

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

The quests are not that hard to do. I can understand why the Nighthood is behind a quest line as it is the final part of that story.
AdamSavage

cowmuflage wrote:The quests are not that hard to do. I can understand why the Nighthood is behind a quest line as it is the final part of that story.
Some of them are a pain and take me quite awile to do, because I keep dying or messing up. I managed to get 2 parts of the achievement today. At this rate. I will be done in about 4 days.

Dr. Who Video!

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

You'll get there :3

I have not fully finished them myself haha Just really want the mana cap
AdamSavage

cowmuflage wrote:You'll get there :3

I have not fully finished them myself haha Just really want the mana cap
I should slow down. I will be done the lore master, before I finish the rep. Give me more time to do more dungeons and world questing. I just want it done and over with. :lol:

Dr. Who Video!

AdamSavage

I think I have hit a road block with questing. I'm not getting anymore Quest lines, so I'm going to assume more will open up as I get more rep. I know some are unlocked at certain rep levels.

Dr. Who Video!

Xella
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Skywall-US

Unread post by Xella »

Yeah, Nightfallen/Suramar has two or three rep gates: 8k honored will start you getting quests again, and then later I believe 12-14k revered is another, then it stops again til like... 20k revered, lol :x
Current main: Xella-Skywall | Art Stuffs | Brains.
AdamSavage

I could use the break from it. Do more world quest, try out the first raid. Maybe level up my hunter more.

Dr. Who Video!

AdamSavage

I just finished my warlock campain today, and I'm about 1/2 done the pathfinder. Just need rep, Nighthold quest line done, and 28 more world quests. I've been grinding away at this pretty hard. I can relax more now. I gotta work on my reps for broken isles, so I gotta do a bunch of world quests and finish up any normal quest lines with the other factions for more rep.

Dr. Who Video!

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

I dunno when the next world quest bonus week is but those are always good for rep grinding.
AdamSavage

cowmuflage wrote:I dunno when the next world quest bonus week is but those are always good for rep grinding.
Not till Feb 28th.

Dr. Who Video!

Aleu
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord.

Unread post by Aleu »

I'm close to finishing the first part of it... But there's one faction that's a pain in the ass to farm for. The Wardens. I got to Revered with everyone else fairly fast, but holy shit I only just hit HONORED with the Wardens. Urg...

NEW SIGNATURE PENDING... SOON.
{Flight Rising}