High Elves - The Horde is waiting for you?

Teigan
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

High Elves - The Horde is waiting for you?

Unread post by Teigan »

So, I'm going to assume you guys watched the latest Q & A? I know Ion is VERY Horde, but this one just took the cake. He comes off as not understanding the lore of his own game or understanding that as a dev, he needs to NOT have a Horde bias because not everyone is Horde. I personally don't care that much about High Elves and I probably wouldn't play one, but alot of people desperately want them. We have quite enough elves at this point, though, since they padded the roster with void elves instead of High Elves. But for him to throw races at the Horde that they've been asking for for years, and indeed to roll SEVERAL Orc clans into one race, and then pull void elves out of thin air to toss to the Alliance as a consolation prize while not giving them the races they wanted and then say "Oh, the Horde is waiting for you" is really crap. I'm really bitter about Nightborne still, as they should have been a neutral race. This is pouring salt in the wound.
Last edited by Teigan on Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Re: High Elves - The Horde is waiting you?

Unread post by Castile »

High elves should be neutral then like pandas. Since we have Alleria and Vereesa fighting for the alliance it makes 0 sense for them to join the horde as default and I can't see them getting along with the two crack elves - nightbourne and blood elves. That's just my opinion tho.

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

I think it makes perfect sence for the Nightbourne to join the Horde, just by the comments alone from Tyrande and Vereesa in the Suromar campain they where not very kind towards Thalyssra and her people while the Bloodelves where.

But in saying that I don't think High Elves should be a race and more like a cosmetic option for Voidelves. A netural race could work maybe? but I think they'd just feel like blue eyed Blood elves XD
Teigan
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

Yeah, I'd be fine with them being neutral, personally. I think that would be the best option. And, a cosmetic option for void elves? Heh, well, why not? But High Elves made more sense than void elves ever will.

As for the Nighborne, well, it hurt to have them turn against me. I got emotionally invested in the story and very attached to the characters. Rescuing Thalyssara, Occuleth, all the others, slowly rebuilding the sanctuary, healing them of their addiction, and then going into Suramar City with them to take it back. It was an amazing storyline. Each of the main characters stood out to me, and they mattered. I cried when I realized what Arluin had done for his sister. Occuleth always made me smile, as he was such a nerd. My heart was warmed when Valtrois decided I wasn't a complete waste of time. Suramar was an amazing questline. And then, suddenly, all these Nightborne who I had come to love, who I had helped...well, they'd sooner kill me than look at me. I honestly feel betrayed. And to top it off, I had to listen to Thalyssra talk about how my help was so ..."reluctant", just not good enough for them, and they're off to join the Horde. I know Blizz is more Horde oriented, but I don't understand why they couldn't have made them neutral. It soured an incredible questing experience and awesome cast of characters in a way that there is no recovery from.