Cataclysm earthquake mobs "visible" in Stormwind

Adam-Savage
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Anvilmar

Cataclysm earthquake mobs "visible" in Stormwind

Unread post by Adam-Savage »

A couple months ago we reported on seemingly random earthquakes happening around Azeroth. These earthquakes, it was reckoned, are part of the long buildup to the Cataclysm world event. There were reports initially on the patch 3.3 PTR that mobs called "[DND] Shaker" were visible in Stormwind and other cities. These Shaker mobs are responsible for causing the earthquakes.
The Source
Zangor
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Lightbringer-US Nessingwary-US

Re: Cataclysm earthquake mobs "visible" in Stormwind

Unread post by Zangor »

uh cool.....i vote we make a suggested sites page and link to MMO champion and WoW.com!
but this is very awsome
Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

Tis' true. Tanaris was shaking like crazy on the PTR for a while.

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Epicfail
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Uldum

Unread post by Epicfail »

I love pre-expansion goodness. If the gnomer/troll invasion thing is happening 3.9, we have quite a few patches to go from 3.3 to get there. It also makes sense that this big of a game change really needs some amazing build-up. I'm not talking about the cow/pally conversation at Elder Rise either.

1 Patch down, 6 patches to go.
I don't really feel like this is so much the "Post-Modern" era as much as its the "Pre-Zombie-Apocalpse" era. I consider myself more of a forward thinking guy and an era that just won't die is just as feasible as a coming era, where the dead come back.
Mania
Administrator
Administrator

Unread post by Mania »

I suspect that Blizzard is using 3.9 as shorthand for "just before 4.0" rather than an actual patch number at this point ... but I could be way wrong on that. ;)
Adam-Savage
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Anvilmar

Unread post by Adam-Savage »

The "V" Button doesn't work for all players ? Like when you have it on it doesn't show there health bar as u walk around the city ?
Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

Only for the ones within 30 yards I think.

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Epicfail
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Uldum

Unread post by Epicfail »

Mania wrote:I suspect that Blizzard is using 3.9 as shorthand for "just before 4.0" rather than an actual patch number at this point ... but I could be way wrong on that. ;)
I wish they wouldn't... :P it just seems so damn far away! >_<
I don't really feel like this is so much the "Post-Modern" era as much as its the "Pre-Zombie-Apocalpse" era. I consider myself more of a forward thinking guy and an era that just won't die is just as feasible as a coming era, where the dead come back.
Vespias
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Llane

Unread post by Vespias »

HAH! I knew I wasn't crazy and now I can prove it! Saw the shaking in Org and when I told others about it later I got the old "suuuuuure there was an earthquake...now go drink your tonic and take a nap."