Magnakilro's Guide to the Frostbitten Achievement

Magnakilro
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Eonar

Magnakilro's Guide to the Frostbitten Achievement

Unread post by Magnakilro »

hello and welcome to another example of my own lifelessness! We've done so much together it brings a tear to my eye..../sniff. We've befriended raptors, tigers, sex addicted frogs, bug tanks, tamed a king, befriended a rare proto drake, recieved a gift from the Life Binder and killed the most elusive beings in outland. Today we shall accomplish another feat: Kill the most elusive denizens of northrend. *begin rp* These creatures are so elusive that the gods have bestowed them with the mark of the winged silver dragon (rare elite, wingless is just rare) *end rp*

WARNING: 7 of the creatures on this list are TAMEABLE, all but one being unique (Terror Spinner being that one) and 4 of which are part of this ach (the sholazar trio and Terror Spinner) please be sure that no one else wants to tame these creatures or that you are sure that you don't want them before you make the kill.

Now that that's outta the way, let's see wat we'll need:

1: macro's or NPCscan
2: an epic flyer helps (must have Cold weather flying for this or else you can't use it)
3: PATIENCE
4: LUCK
5: Must be able to accept killing 3 of the most unique and sought after beasts in the game (the Sholazar Trio)

Once you have those, we can begin the hunt!

Note: There are no rares in Wintergrasp, Crystalsong, Dalaran, or any raid or 5 man in Northrend

Fun Fact: All Northrend rares are elites (silver winged dragon)

Fun Fact 2: 99% of the time...Northrend rares are a completely unique creature to the area it's in

Howling Fjord:

1: King Ping: rare penguin. Spawns mostly along the western edge of Scalawag Point but can be found on some edges of the island with the Tuskarr village

2: Vigdis the Warmaiden: rare vrykul woman on a black proto drake. If you open the big map....near nidavalir (directly east of it) there will be a block of grass bordered by 3 roads and a cliff......she generally spawns there.

3: Perobas the Bloodthirster: rare worgen. search the entire snowy section of HF (the northern mountainous region) east of Camp Winterhoof (excluding mountains).

Borean Tundra:

1: Fumblub Gearwind: rare mechagnome in a flying machine. He flies around Geyser fields (he can be found pretty much anywhere over those fields) Ranged attacks/flying mount recommended for pulling.

Fun Fact: This guy has officially won the contest for "Best First Name Ever" Congratz Fumblub!

2: Icehorn: rare untameable rhino. Search around Transborea to find him. He's the only rhino that spawns there.

3: Old Crystalbark: rare ancient. Spawns in Coldarra. Has the body of a Glacial Ancient, with the colors of a Magic-bound Ancient (a model shared with Warp Splinter in Botanica)

Dragonblight:

1: Tukemuth: rare mammoth. Has many possible ares to appear in. Just fly a circle around wyrmrest temple, then head to that frozen lake with all the revenants and fly north until u see the end of that big pathway that leads out of the northern side of wyrmrest. Far bigger then the other mammoths

2: Scarlet Highlord Daion: rare female scarlet Onslaught member. Spawns in New Hearthglen, the scarlet camps around Naxx, and a small scarlet outpost west of Light's trust.

3: Crazed Indu'le Survivor: rare tuskarr. Despite his name, he is NOWHERE NEAR Indu'le Village. Search for him from Star's Rest to the Borean Tundra border.

Grizzly Hills: Note: there is a rare here, Arcturis, that is not part of this ach. You can kill if you want but make sure no one wants him 1st

1: Seething Hate: rare flesh beast (looks like the Volatile Mutations in the lvl 1-5 draenei place). Spawns at the 3 "Vordrassil Caves"

2: Syreian the Bonecarver: rare vrykul lady. Look for her around the area where all of those Iron Dwarves and Runed Giants are located. Start from the cliff wall west of Drakil'jin Ruins then fly southeast, following a road till you hit a crossroad (one leading back the way u came, one leading to Dun'argol, one leading to western Grizzly Hills). From here, fly to Camp Oneqwah, and fly north back to the starting point.

Fun Fact: This girl drops her pants when killed.

3: Grocklar: rare Iron Giant (like Emalon, 'cept not a boss). Head to the northwest corner of Grizzly hills and follow it tll u hit some troll ruins. From there, fly till you see a road. Fly further south of it (but not too far) and search from the shoreline all the way east to Voldrune. From there head north of Conquest Hold and search the large plains-like area u see.

4: Arcturis: rare bear-like spirit beast. Not an ach target. Only seems to spawn in one spot unlike his other spirit brethren. He appears where the words "Amberpine Lodge" are located on the big map...just search around there.
Avatar made by the awesome Senna-umbreon
Magnakilro

Re: Magnakilro's Guide to the Frostbitten Achievement

Sholazar Basin: Fun Fact: all 3 of Sholazar's rares are tameable beasts with unique models.

Warning: due to the unique nature of these beasts...be sure that no one else wants them before you make the kill.

1: Loque'nahak: rare snow leopard-like spirit beast. Easily spotted due to being bigger and much better looking (IMO) then the common dreadsabers (and Shango). Loque tends to spawn near a lot of named quest targets. He spawns amongst the gorillas north and south of thier nest. He can spawn near the southwestern side of Skyreach Pillar. He can spawn slightly northeast of Bones of Nozronn. He can spawn west of the aforementioned bones...between the cliff wall and the road. He can spawn near where Shango is found...across the river from him. And he can spawn near the white eagle.

Fun Fact: Loque is the first spirit beast and for a long time was the only one.

Fun Fact 2: Loque is the only Northrend rare to have 2 blue drops, Loque'Nahak's Severed Fang and Loque'Nahak's Pelt (rare drop, but skinners can get it like every time)

Fun Fact 3: For some reason, the items dropped by Loque capitalize the "N" in his name, despite the mob name itself not having that capitalization.

2: King Krush: strongest rare in the basin. Easily recognizable....he is a big green devilsaur (t rex). To find the BGD (Big Green Devilsaur/Dino) Search from Loque's southernmost "gorilla" spawn point....then follow the southern edge of the wasp nest all the way to the southwestern corner of Skyreach Pillar. Next head to the Bones of Nozronn and search north up to the pillar with the Venture Co. mine thingy near it. Next go to the Maker's Perch and follow the wall north to the Wolvar camp. Finally search near the southern side of Glimmering Pillar.

3: Aotona: a rare jumbo-sized Hyacinth macaw. Spawns in Wildgrowth Mangal. If you look at the Mangal from the big map, you can see it is separated into 4 sections or "quadrants" by the River's Heart and the rives coming out of it. Just search all 4 of the "quadrants".

Fun Fact: Aotona is the only sholazar rare that all hunters can tame...not just BM.

Zul'drak: there is a rare, Gondria, that is not part of this ach.

1: Griegan: rare wight. just search all over the lowest tier of ZD (particularly around Zeramas).

2: Zul'drak Sentinel: rare Drakkari Golem. Pats along a few roads on the bottom and 2nd tiers. 1st road: from the Dblight entrance to just south of the road Thrym (jumbo Thaddeus) pats. 2nd Road: from argent stand to about halfway to Altar of Sseratus. 3rd Road: from Argent Stand to Grizzly Hills entrance (not the one in the snowy tier). 4th Road: not actually a road, Goes from the start point of road 3, heads to the aentranct to Amphitheatre of Anguish the heads to road 1.

3: Terror Spinner: rare spider. Recently made tameable alongside the ones in ICC courtyard to make bone spiders more available. Spawns behind altar of Rhunok, directly south of Altar of Quetzlun, against the wall of the top tier, north of the area with the big drakkari golems, Southeast corner of top tier, and at a few areas around the place where akali is.

4: Gondria: not an ach target. Spawns directly south of Zim'torga, the southeastern and southwestern corners of the third tier, the western edge of the crater at Altar of Mam'toth, and at the steps to the upper tier.

Fun Fact: a recent epic item was added that bears this kitty's name: Gondria's Spectral Bracer.

Storm Peaks: There are 2 rare spawns, Time Lost Proto Drake and Skoll, that are not ach targets.

1&2: Vyragosa/Time-lost Proto Drake: since these two share the same pat routes, spawn timers, and spawn points, I shall do them together. If you search Time-Lost Proto Drake on wowwiki, you can see a map of the 4 pat routes. Of the 2, you are more likely to see Vyra. This is due to the 100% mount drop TLPD has. Both dragons have the same hp, tho fight tactics are different. Vyra likes to stay airborne casting breath attacks, TLPD likes to get up close and personal. Vyragose is a rare blue dragon, TLPD is a rare gold proto drake. Both fly pretty high so make sure you have the proper things ready for the hunt (read my TLPD guide for what would be useful)

3: Dirkee: rare mechagnome. Dirkee is larger then the other mechagnomes. He spawns around Engine of the Makers, the western cliff edge overlooking Thunderfall, and around Inventor's Library.

Fun Fact: Dirkee is the 2nd strongest northrend rare. He is a mechaGNOME that can punt you. He fires missiles and hits hard.

4: Skoll: rare wolf-like spirit beast. Not an ach target. Many spawn locations are near TLPD/Vyra flight paths. Spawns near the end of Bor's Breath (the one near Valkyrion, not the waterfall), near the cave at the Snowdrift Plains entrance, and near the metal dish on the cliff overlooking Brunnhildar from the north. That last one seems to be the best spot.

Fun Fact: Skoll is the 1st spirit beast to not be a cat (thank god....never rly liked WoW cats).

Icecrown:

1: Hildana Deathstealer: rare Val'kyr. Far larger then others of her kind. Spawns at Ymirheim and at Jotunheim.

2: High Thane Jorfus: rare vrykul Death Knight. Pretty big dude. Spawns in the northwestern section of Sindragosa's Fall, the southwestern corner of ICC's courtyard (the side with all the miners), and in the Fleshwerks.

3: Putridus the Ancient: rare Flesh Giant. FAR bigger then the others of his kind. Pats around that central ring that surrounds the mountain with Ymirheim on it.

Fun Fact: Putridus is the strongest rare spawn in northrend so unless u got some good gear (doesn't rly take much gear to solo him) u may want to bring help.

And that's all of em! Good luck out there....may the gods and goddesses of luck smile upon you ^_^

p.s. haven't done this in a while soooo:

step 1: write guide for benefit of all wonderful ppl on site
step 2: ?
step 3: profit
Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

:)

Another great guide, Magnakilro. Appreciate it.

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Magnakilro

np XD....wish I could make guides that'll decrease the respawn time on these things =x lol
Gimlion
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Nordrassil

Unread post by Gimlion »

Now if only they made a decent looking (not nearly as cool as the current ones) Spirit beast that was a common spawn, b/c tbh, I love Spirit beasts, but the camping makes me go 'awdlhg hadupkhrht h'... Ntm that I've just about given up on Skoll, seeing as even when he spawns at the point i'm camping, I managed to screw myself by being afk, and downstairs(Comp's in my room) so i didn't hear NPCscan go off -.-... But yeah, thanks for the guide. OH! almost forgot, I've managed to target all three IC rares, while not being able to locate their actual selves, and massively flipping sh*t.... It's like NPCscan likes taunting me with targetable rares, while not allowing me to actually locate the NPC... lol

Sig made by the Wonderful Serenith!

"You cannot judge me, I am Justice itself! We were meant for more than this, to protect the innocent. But, if our precious laws bind you all to inaction, then I will no longer stand as your brother." - Tyrael
Wassa
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Wassa »

http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/i ... erlay.html

This addon will show on your map locations for northrend and outland rare spawns. It is slightly outdated (Skoll and Arcturis spawn points aren't in this mod) but it still works. Makes the locations for rares much easier as you can see them right in your game.

A rare visitor to this forum now that I don't play WoW anymore, but forever a Petopian.

Gimlion
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Nordrassil

Unread post by Gimlion »

Eh, I don't really search for them, just try and get them dieded if I can find them, so it wasn't too huge of a deal... lol

Sig made by the Wonderful Serenith!

"You cannot judge me, I am Justice itself! We were meant for more than this, to protect the innocent. But, if our precious laws bind you all to inaction, then I will no longer stand as your brother." - Tyrael