April Fools: Mini-pet Poop? - On Warcraft Pets

Mania
Administrator
Administrator

April Fools: Mini-pet Poop? - On Warcraft Pets

Unread post by Mania »

Okay, this has got to be one of the stranger bits of information to come out about the upcoming cataclysm expansion, but ... let's reserve judgement until we see how this plays out, okay?

As always, Warcraft Pets has all the details: http://www.warcraftpets.com/news/perma. ... _even_pets

A snippet for you:
After rave reviews for Perky Pug's rather unorthodox "butt scooting" idle animation, companion pets are being given the ability to, well... relieve themselves in the expansion. I know, I know. It sounds disgusting. But believe it or not, even defecation can be cute...
(And let's keep this thread as .. err .. clean as we reasonably can, please.)
Saturo

Re: Cataclysm Preview: Mini-pet Poop? - On Warcraft Pets

Unread post by Saturo »

April Fools joke if you ask me.

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Gimlion
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Nordrassil

Unread post by Gimlion »

Yeah, personally, any Cata news you here today, Well, I just wouldn't trust/post until it's confirmed... These ALL sound like april Fools jokes. xD

Sig made by the Wonderful Serenith!

"You cannot judge me, I am Justice itself! We were meant for more than this, to protect the innocent. But, if our precious laws bind you all to inaction, then I will no longer stand as your brother." - Tyrael
Ryai
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Ryai »

Gimlion wrote:Yeah, personally, any Cata news you here today, Well, I just wouldn't trust/post until it's confirmed... These ALL sound like april Fools jokes. xD
Yeah and if you search the site a bit it is. But it gets tiring clicking all the links just to discover yes it is an april fools joke hahaha.
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

I don't mind the quirky, obvious jokes like these, but I really hate sites that make something completely believable just to mess with you.
Gimlion
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Gimlion »

Well blizzard's Jokes started Seemingly Very believable, and April Fools Day or not, people were tempted to believe them, but now, they just are too rediculous to believe

"You cannot judge me, I am Justice itself! We were meant for more than this, to protect the innocent. But, if our precious laws bind you all to inaction, then I will no longer stand as your brother." - Tyrael
Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

Gimlion is correct. For example, this is the joke of 2006, the EVIL PATCH! http://www.wowwiki.com/Patch_1.11_(Evil ... wikiaphone
Compare that to Pimp My Mount.

Difference is obvious, ya?

"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Gimlion
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Gimlion »

I actually thought that the Aquarium was somewhat believable, given it was posted any other day than today... I could see blizz doing something like that, seeing as all characters are able to learn fishing

Mania
Administrator
Administrator

Re: April Fools: Mini-pet Poop? - On Warcraft Pets

Unread post by Mania »

Yes, this is an April Fools' joke. I've changed the thread title to avoid future confusion. ;)

El's Extreme Anglin' and Warcraft Pets are Petopia's official sister fishing and minipet sites (respectively), so I wanted to highlight what they did for the holiday -- especially since I almost never bother with anything myself.
Azzrazzah
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary is the Shizznit,

Unread post by Azzrazzah »

Foolish Mortals

I Came...I Saw...I Tamed

Kryte
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn

Unread post by Kryte »

This is one of the more believable April Fools jokes, given Blizzard's obsession with poop quests...

My favorite joke, though, I think would be the very early "patch notes" that claimed, among other things, that Night Elves would lose experience from jumping. :P
Gimlion
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Gimlion »

Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

Mania wrote:El's Extreme Anglin' and Warcraft Pets are Petopia's official sister fishing and minipet sites (respectively), so I wanted to highlight what they did for the holiday -- especially since I almost never bother with anything myself.
Wait... You write El's anglin'?

Mania
Administrator
Administrator

Unread post by Mania »

Saturo wrote:Wait... You write El's anglin'?
Oh no no no ... I just meant that I view their sites as similar in many ways to mine, so I think of them as sister sites. (I probably also shouldn't say 'official', since I haven't exactly asked them yet. ;))