Twinking Elemental Shaman at 70 ~ IS SUPA FUN!

Royi

Realm: Ysera

Twinking Elemental Shaman at 70 ~ IS SUPA FUN!

Unread post by Royi »

I'm currently getting close to finalizing on my lvl 70 twink. (just got fancy WOTLK engineering trinkets) ~ And I am thinking about what quests for certain mounts that I can go for. I'm looking for the mounts that you regularly don't see a lvl 70 on. I've come up with a couple ideas and thought I would bounce it off this board to see what other ideas for fancy-mounts for a level 70 that you could think of.

First off I realized that TLPD now requires only lvl 70. Was this change recent? I'm wondering though if a Shaman decked fully in PVP Brutal gear decked could take out this Dragon.

http://www.wowhead.com/item=44168

I've camped for him before and I know how to do it.... Hmm perhaps I'll try my luck on a random lvl 80 mob to see if a lvl 70 can beat him (blowing all CD's etc).

Anywho here's a ongoing list of neat mounts from maybe either WOTLK or Cata for a lvl 70 (besides Netherwing / Mag'har / Skyguard etc):

1. TLPD
2. Red Drake (buy a bunch of http://www.wowhead.com/item=44710)
3. Black War Mammoth (2k honor)

Any help with ideas of mounts that a lvl 70 could obtain (doesnt have to be easy, i'm looking for a mount challenge) would be appreciated. My goal is getting 50 at lvl 70 overall. I know Aeonaxx is technically a possibility too, but I think that would be too hard convincing a friend to camp with me for the mount to NOT go to them. That would be the ultimate mount though.

Here's armory link for curiousness:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/l ... ney/simple

~~~

Update, being lvl 70 for 3 days now is truly awesome. The queues are pretty fast (2-5 minutes tops) and the gameplay is pretty intense. There are a lot of lvl 70 twinks out there that I didn't know about. Its fun to gear up relatively fast and to find neat ways of acquiring things that normally a lvl 70 wouldn't have.
Last edited by Royi on Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:) ~ Formally known as Royi ~
Worba
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Uther, Zangarmarsh, Shu'halo, Fenris, Quel'Thalas+
Location: In Sethekk Halls, bothering Anzu (90 runs and counting)

Re: List of fancy mounts possible at lvl 70 ~for fancy twink

Unread post by Worba »

How about the cenarion hippogrif?
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

Nether rays, Netherwing drakes, and talbuks are all good reps to get if you're trying to up the total number of mounts you have.

As for one that hardly any 70s have, there's always Ashes of Al'ar!
peanutbuttercup
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by peanutbuttercup »

If the grey camel can still be passed to a group member you could try convincing someone to throw away weeks of their life for it. Or Crimson Deathcharger or any TCG mount would be impressive since most 70s wouldn't have the gold to buy those from AH.
Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

I'd basically stock up as many as possible and go for the 50 mount drake.

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Royi

Unread post by Royi »

peanutbuttercup wrote:If the grey camel can still be passed to a group member you could try convincing someone to throw away weeks of their life for it. Or Crimson Deathcharger or any TCG mount would be impressive since most 70s wouldn't have the gold to buy those from AH.
Ugh That Grey Camel would be the most epic mount to ride in on. I think you just have to be in the area in the Steam Pools and be grouped with the person killing him. I doubt I could take him on at lvl 70, now the TLPD I'm going to do some testing on lvl 80 mobs around his health pool to see how a lvl 70 faires against a regular lvl 80 mob (once I hit 70 and grab a couple Brutal Pieces of gear). I think TLPD used to be Elite, but the rares aren't elite anymore it seems

I can obtain justice points quick by converting Honor to Justice, I'm pretty excited about getting the Red Proto from Wyrmrest.

Also probably grind out random WOTLK dungeons for the remaining rep for Ambassador.
Royi

Unread post by Royi »

GormanGhaste wrote:Nether rays, Netherwing drakes, and talbuks are all good reps to get if you're trying to up the total number of mounts you have.

hehe easier said then done there :) Now only if the Dark Phoenix was BOA, that would be nice. It would seriously take at least 2 years to grind the rep at lvl 70 with your guild I think (only reward 10 or so a pop).
Himeko
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by Himeko »

Royi wrote:
GormanGhaste wrote:Nether rays, Netherwing drakes, and talbuks are all good reps to get if you're trying to up the total number of mounts you have.

hehe easier said then done there :) Now only if the Dark Phoenix was BOA, that would be nice. It would seriously take at least 2 years to grind the rep at lvl 70 with your guild I think (only reward 10 or so a pop).
Don't forget there is that lovely 100% guild rep tabard. ;"P I've got a friend who's in this twink guild and she exalted with them and she used the tabard.

Himeko

Some say Legion will be the downfall of WoW, I disagree. WoD was the downfall and Legion will be there to raise WoW from the dead.
Royi

Unread post by Royi »

Himeko wrote:
Royi wrote:

Don't forget there is that lovely 100% guild rep tabard. ;"P I've got a friend who's in this twink guild and she exalted with them and she used the tabard.
I'd like to know how they acquired exhalted with the guild. Quests give at max 10 rep even with the tabard at lvl 65. Quests back in lvl 10 or 20 or so would only award 2 rep each. 39000 rep 2 at a time would take a long time
Worba
Realm: Uther, Zangarmarsh, Shu'halo, Fenris, Quel'Thalas+
Location: In Sethekk Halls, bothering Anzu (90 runs and counting)

Unread post by Worba »

It goes up quite a bit by the time you make 85. One of my hunters is already halfway through revered. The rep boosting tabard Himeko mentioned is a big part of that.
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

Worba wrote:It goes up quite a bit by the time you make 85. One of my hunters is already halfway through revered. The rep boosting tabard Himeko mentioned is a big part of that.
He's looking to stay at level 70 though so it increasing by the time you hit 85 won't help him much. :)

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Siliverin
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Nazgrel, Nesingwary, Dalaran

Unread post by Siliverin »

scorpy mount :D thank goodness it is BOA.. i will be sending this to one of my alts who is only lvl 30 something ish xD and possably my gobby hunter when she hits 20 xD

Id say reins of posidus but.. only good in water xD
Sig by Kurenio!
Anansi wrote:But OJC is just Old Jumper Cliff, a cranky old crazy guy who hops around making grunting noises to scare away children and small animals. Not sure if he's tamable, probably not.
Siliverin
Credit to Seilahyn and Kurenio for the avatars
Tsuki
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Tsuki »

well wait
Wouldn't a level 70 twink be at a huge disadvantage in PvP, since you will be the lowest level in the 70-79 bracket?

~Signature made by Serenith~Image~Signature made by Serenith~

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

It's actually 70-75 now; the brackets only go to 5 levels. However, he may not be twinking for PvP. A lot of people stop xp at 60 and 70 for Vanilla and BC raiding.

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Royi

Unread post by Royi »

its 70-74 and even so if you're fully geared at 70 you'll dominate the 70-74 bracket
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Thank you for that correction. XD I counted my 5s wrong. :P

[/center]
peanutbuttercup
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by peanutbuttercup »

Royi wrote:
peanutbuttercup wrote:If the grey camel can still be passed to a group member you could try convincing someone to throw away weeks of their life for it. Or Crimson Deathcharger or any TCG mount would be impressive since most 70s wouldn't have the gold to buy those from AH.
Ugh That Grey Camel would be the most epic mount to ride in on. I think you just have to be in the area in the Steam Pools and be grouped with the person killing him.
I only mentioned it because I saw a low level player with one and it took me ages to figure out how they managed to get it. But I definitely would consider that the ultimate in twinking!
Royi

Unread post by Royi »

You're right about that. Grey Camel or Aeonaxx would def be boss. No doubt.

I'm halfway through friendly gaining about 20 guild rep per quest. Maybe some SSO dailies would slowly get me up there for a Dark Phoenix. I wish that mount was BOA too.

But yeah main goal is raiding old content on a low level toon and PVP battlegrounds / arenas in the 70s ;)

Heck if BC was my favorite time in WOW, might as well relive it :)
Ceravan
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Anvilmar (alliance), Nesingwary (horde)

Unread post by Ceravan »

FYI, i was soloing lvl 80 mobs on my 70dk while farming ore the other day, it can be done, but not sure how it would be against and elite. My dk has heirlooms and everything else is pvp gear, might be able to take on an elite if i was in blood spec, but haven't tried. Also, be aware, you will miss, a lot.

Aeliel
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Aeliel »

I'm pretty sure they fixed the grey camel thing and it's no longer rollable by anybody except the person who actually found the statuette. Similarly, Aeonaxx is no longer rollable by people who weren't actually riding him, whether or not they did damage to him - and GMs will refuse to fix it because it's working as intended that only the person who rides it gets the mount.

50 mounts at level 70 is very possible - on my main, I got the 50-mounts achievement the day the pre-WotLK patch came out. (And I hovered in Shattrath on the reward mount and everybody was going "WTF how did you get that mount" :D)

You get 8 mounts from Kurenai / Mag'har, 1 from Cenarion Expedition, 6 from Netherwing, 5 from Sha'tari Skyguard - that's 20. You're Horde, so you get 7 mounts from Orcs, 7 from Undead, 6 from Tauren, 7 from Blood Elves and 2 extra from Goblin, that's 29... and you're at 49. Throw in any of the PVP mounts and you're at 50. It'll take a fair bit of reputation grinding, though.

As for mounts you really don't often see a level 70 on... Green Proto-Drake, Blue Proto-Drake, Blue Drake, White Polar Bear.

Only issue is, you have to have either a tank or a healer character on the same account and run a lot of heroic dungeons alone when it's CTA for your specific role, to get Satchels of Exotic Mysteries - and then get very lucky and get it to cough up a mount. I gave a Green Proto-Drake to my little goblin hunter when she was still level 70. (I've since leveled her to 85, so it's no longer special, but it's special to me, you know?)

Of course it requires extended effort and insane luck, but you did say you wanted a challenge and everybody else already made the suggestions I was originally going to make...
-=[ Dreams of Iso'rath ]=-
-=[ Image ]=-