What will you play come Cataclysm? (read!)

Which new race will you play?

Goblin
36%
Worgen
64%

Total votes: 56

Ryno
Guild Master
Guild Master
Realm: US Grizzly Hills, Deathwing, Wyrmrest Accord
Location: Wandering aimlessly under the effect of the Curse of Burgy BlackheaLET'S BUCKLE SOME SWASH!!

Re: What will you play come Cataclysm? (read!)

Unread post by Ryno »

Vephriel wrote:The problem is that the majority of people want females to be petite and sexy, and males to be large and muscled.
Read:Teenage boys.

Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Very true.
GethlarNomudac
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by GethlarNomudac »

Awwwww.Y cant i pick both races... :cry:
u lost tha game :D
Rongar
Realm: Silver Hand

Unread post by Rongar »

I'm gonna make a goblin warrior first. I've wanted goblins since I started WoW, saw them, got Warcraft 3, saw them EXPLODE, and... SAW THEM!!!! I reserved the name Geezock on my server for meh goblin. I'm makin' sure no one takes it >:D. I might also race change my hunter from an orc to an undead or goblin. I'm probably gonna make a worgen hunter on the server that steals all my friends... (Sisters of Elune). Seriously, it stole one of my best horde friends and 4 of my alliance friends! That server is EVIL!!! ...But I see why my friends went there :P
Suicune
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Azuremyst/Staghelm

Unread post by Suicune »

I'm totally rolling a Worgen female Warlock. Her name placeholder is saved already, I had it set aside for the 'right' character (it's my name with a special 'D'). I want to change my now bank alt Nelf rogue into a male Worgen rogue, so cute! I love the concept art of the females, they do look foxy, but I love that- and the males are absolutely adorable and badass all the same.

I'm topped off on characters on my realm, which sucks, as I want a Tauren Pally and a Belf warrior :(
The Goblins look cool, and my main faction is Horde, but I don't think I will roll a Gobbie. I have to admit those female hairstyles look so wicked! :D
~Queen of the Spirit Beasts~

Follow me on Twitter @GoddessSuicune

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/a ... e/advanced <-Main.

http://goddess-suicune.deviantart.com/ <-Rarely updated, too busy playing WoW. :lol:

The Dark Swarm is always looking for new faces! Stop by our Guild website: http://www.thedarkswarm.gamerlaunch.com (Azuremyst/Staghelm)
Raven
Realm: Thorium Brotherhood

Unread post by Raven »

I will roll a Worgen warrior (the only class I don't play) and a Goblin Hunter. I loved the DK starting zone and quests and can't wait to see what they do with the new races! The Idea of a Worgen hunter and a wolf pet is kind of fun though...
kairii
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: EU-Arathor

Unread post by kairii »

well ofc goblin idk atm which class though depends what i dont have at 80 on my realm by then .. maybe goblin rogue and get a gnome rouge back for ganking horde and making them QQ 24/7 in trade about it xD

A huge thanks to kamoodle5 for the amazing signature

Azzrazzah
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary is the Shizznit,

Unread post by Azzrazzah »

I'm gonna start with a Worgan Hunter (I love hunters anyway) To bad the worgans can't be tamed.. Be Worgan and have a worgan as a pet?!?!? Anyway I will be rolling one of each and I'll see what I come up with as they progress

I Came...I Saw...I Tamed

akhido
Realm: duskwood

Unread post by akhido »

I wish there would be a DK Goblin. I reserved a name Yodda. I can see a two hand sword with a red glow effect and
using the force to reach out and grab an enemy. Never made a mage so maybe I will make him one if thats a potential class
Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

Goblins and Worgen can be DKs too you know...

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Kastarakovski
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Saurfang, Icecrown, Ysera, Nesingwary

Unread post by Kastarakovski »

Well, ever since the fellow at MMO Champion made the offhand suggestion that Worgen would be one of the next races...myself and a fellow Worgen-obsessed galpal sorta went a little nuts with ideas for possible characters we'd play. She's on Moon Guard, I'm on a variety of servers including hers. She's also VERY obsessed with the Goblin Race, and slowly but surely because of her needling me, they've grown on me too.

Ravencrypt (Worglock) & Wintercress (Huntress) are going to be my two main Worgen (Saurfang or Khaz'Goroth - the gang of pals is undecided if we're staying on SF come Cata)
Ravencrypt's a grumpy blackish-brown s.o.b. Worglock with a penchant for pranking and an attitude problem that's probably going to get his staff shoved up somewhere where the sun doesn't shine. He's pushy, rude, arrogant and snarky. I sorta picture him as maybe this 'I'm taller' perspective sort of guy who looks down on anyone not of his social stature.

Wintercress is his mate, a quiet, whitish-blue-grey (hoping this will be a fur colour for the femme worgen) female with an affinity for nature and a dream to travel the world with a variety of beasts by her side. She keeps Ravencrypt out of trouble, really XD I'm thinking her main pet should be a feline (possibly Araga if she's still ingame, or maybe a new rare kitty they release...) and her mini pet should be the Giant Sewer Rat. Because really, cats and dogs living together (with a rat) really should honestly equal mass hysteria *snrk* Yes, I'm a simple-minded person with various movie obsessions, really ;P

My alt Worgen will be Dogstoyevski. Cookie for whoever knows where I got the name from! (Possibly a Moon Guard specimen)
Undecided on his final class, but leaning terribly towards a Death Knight. Simply because I'm probably the only one on SF without a DK on my account...

He was born mute and was generally a yes-pup. After being severed from Arthas's evil, he's a bit lost in what he wants to do with himself. He was not well-liked in life, in death it appears he's still not well-liked. He keeps to himself a lot, and has a strange penchant for jewels. Something of a treasure hunter who hoards shiny things, I suspect.

Emberflare & Brezenae will be my two Goblins.
A few days back I was going through little snippets of stuff I'd written down for potential Goblin characters in Cataclysm, and noticed that, again, my penchant for trouble (aka creating hunters) had seeped into these two as well. I am a high level of obsessed...

Emberflare and Brezenae (nicknamed 'Battle Rez', ah ha) are two Goblin sisters; troublemakers, wisegals, and money-making atrocities that earned them the reputation somewhat of being able to spend huge amounts of gold without ever worrying about their financial situation. Out of boredom during one day helping a colleague of theirs move some *ahem* procured items, Brez made the offhand suggestion that maybe they should go out into the world, put some of their moneymaking ideals into practice, and maybe, just maybe, have a few crazy adventures doing it? Emberflare thought her sister was crazy enough that it just might work...but what class to go? Em had always liked big creatures like those awesome Devilsaurs she saw others with, and Brez had always liked the idea of having a cute little puppy to do her bidding, so over an ale or three, the sisters decided the Hunter route seemed the most fun...

Emberflare's the big sister, henceforth the perfect combination I thought of for her would be her and King Krush. A tiny little green goblin female with a HUGE pretty green thing with this sharp I'mma-scare-ya-ta-death wall o' teeth. Just envisioning her standing there, leaning against the King's leg and grinning, and him looking like he's gonna screw you up something shocking just makes me burst into giggles that I cannot stop :lol: I have that image permanently stuck in my brain now...

Brezanae's the little sister, so she's more into puppies and kitties (and spiders!) and cute little moths and stuff like that. I have ideas to maybe run her into Alliance Territory looking for that perfect little pet. A Diseased Wolfie, Zarakh (because she'd be the type to find something adorable about a spiny-legged spider) or maybe even The Rake. I'm starting to think I should really act upon my love of cats and make Brezenae the one surrounded by loving felines (Humar, The Rake, Echayakee, Dishu & possibly Rak'Shiri...or one of the new Cataclysm kitties).

My Undead Hunter, Speedtrack, has a bit of a history (Khaz'Goroth). He was struck down by an unlicensed horse and cart and pronounced DOA. When the Scourge hit town, he was amongst the first mindless undead, coupled with a snarky attitude to boot. His real name is Josef Kowal, but the nickname that spread after his unfortunate (and hilarious) death has unfortunately stuck. He's a wee bit bitter about it. So when the Forsaken were told they could now tame pets and become Hunters, this skeletal bastich decided to get some level of revenge on those who had nicknamed him after the horse and cart incident. Unfortunately (or fortunately if you're human), and as his story goes, he became rather attached to his beasties over time. He may not have lost his bitterness at his enemies, but he mellowed somewhat after spending time with his beloeved creatures. He still however retains his smart-aleck sarcasm <3

Diseased Bear from Alliance Turf, possibly Rekk'Tilac if they keep him in-game, a sweet Vargul Blighthound that tears people's faces off, Loque'nahak simply because of that melt-your-heart-before-I-tear-it-out roar (omglove!) and an Ironhide Devilsaur named OmNomNom.

As for my main (Lazona) and my main alt (Kastarakov), both on Saurfang, they'll go through Cataclysm mainly together at first, coming to terms with the devastation and loss of their original homes and families and then maybe separate for a brief stint of time as they try to help others in moving on after the return of Deathwing and the Elemental Lords. A Dwarf and a Troll seem the most unlikely pair of adventurers with a language barrier that seems impossible to overcome, but as an avid blogger and roleplayer and fiction writer, it's been pretty fun so far trying to merge their very different travels and brief encounters <3

I'm also one of those who will devour each and every crook and cranny of the devastated world, be it on land mount or flying mount. I'm pretty sure all my toons will end up doing that too at some point...

[Wall of text crits for an undetermined amount of damage!]

Aweena
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Terenas, Argent Dawn

Unread post by Aweena »

honestly dont know and i like my elfs and well the changes to hunters migth put me off and well ofc im gonna be trying both races new srsly im altoholic what did you exspect;)

If love is an illusion to hell with reality

Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

I'm going to play both. I can't help myself.
I have a bit of a story worked out for both. (Fem. Goblin somethingorother and Fem. Worgen Rogue)
For the gobby.. No clue what I'm going to call her. Or what her storyline is. *cough* But I do know her personality!
She's pretty strict about having promises down on paper, no strings attached. I found some neat Legal Papers in-game that I'm going to have her carry around. The only reason she chose to be (whatever class she will be) is because she sees people of that class getting respect and, most importantly, discounts. Anything for a discount!

As for my Worgen. She's going to be named Aanjay, unless the name is taken. I have a rough storyline worked out for her, but it could use tweaking.
She was born to parents who lived outside Gilnaes as refugees, seeking to escape the civil chaos. Too late to avoid the curse, but they learned to live with it - or, at least, not get killed. Aanjay was their first child, and three years later, she got a brother. Unfortunately, things started to go a little "wrong". Her brother was "kidnapped" by accident by a traveling Night Elf -he hadn't meant to do anything, but the young pup had been curious and followed after him. Queue a freaking out Aanjay and parents. Aanjay had chanced a glance at the night elf and blamed him, developing a grudge against the elves that would grow. Her brother eventually returned, of course, albeit a bit beat up from being out in the wilderness. Again, Aanjay blamed the elves.
Eventually, her parents felt that they had an obligation to go back to Gilnaes and help. Aanjay struck off on her own, feeling rebellious and figuring she would just return if something bad happened. So adventurous was she that she ended up in Elwyn Forest, looking up at a large city and, by a sad twist of fate, catching sight of what looked like that night elf. It wasn't that night elf, but it was A night elf, and that was good enough. To take revenge, she attacked. Queue guards dragging her off to the Stockades, figuring she was another Syndicate troublemaker. There she learned what it took to become a rogue, and got rather good at it.
It was a long while later that she was "rescued" by a human/worgen from Gilnaes. He told her about what had happened lately, and that she was getting a second chance. Happy to be free, she took to roaming the city and sing those skills she learned in the Stockades more then she probably should.
Basically, she's a thief, somewhat rebellious, hardheaded, and hard to put down. She also harbors a strong dislike of elves, though she's learned her lesson about randomly attacking.

That turned out longer then I had expected >.>

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Adam-Savage
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Anvilmar

Unread post by Adam-Savage »

Worgen for sure. They look badass.
MelRedcap
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by MelRedcap »

I will be playing both... time will tell whether or not they last beyond exploring their starting areas. ;) I've already reserved the name Latinum for a goblin, which will make him/her perfect for a bank toon if I do lose interest, but I have no idea what class to go with. As for the worgen...

I will be making a white-haired female worgen mage named EmilyLou. Why, you ask?

Because of THIS. Cruel Cruel Moon :headbang:
MelRedcap, aka Hackk / Maledicta / Jillrobin
- Author of the in-progress NaNo story "Pinky and the Barrens", a saga of a gnome and a troll -
rubybeam

Unread post by rubybeam »

i think i'll roll a worgen druid
Awesome signature by the awesome pengupuff!
Talody
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Kirin Tor

Unread post by Talody »

Goblin. . not sure of class, but I will be making a goblin. Then a troll druid. Then a Tauren priest. At some point I'll try a Worgen.

If we can tame a monkey in the patch (like rumor says *Knock on wood*), I'll make a UD hunter named Sparrow with a pet monkey named Jack.

Dragons!
Jandos of <Petopians>
with
Truffle and Glasgow

Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

Welp. I have name saved two worgen and a human. The worgens are a pair of competetive sisters, Kefira the druid and Tykell the rogue. Kefira starts smug, brave, confident while Tykell is fearful, cautious, and wary. However, when Cata hits, Tykell grows more confident while Kefira grows more cautious. eventually, the two get seperated and I might make my crazy kitty druid take the worgen druid under her wing. (I snicker at the chaos this'll cause.)

Xeyvron, my human hunter, only is made because having the human in the trailer looked so -cool- with a panther, and I'll probably have the panther be my hunter's first pet's relative or something. (Type THAT five times fast, if you can understand it. XD)

Fire and Azu, my two mains, will likely both become closer, (they're cousins) and try to figure out what's salvageable, if Azu doesn't go nuts first at the destruction.

-Azu