What will you play come Cataclysm? (read!)

Which new race will you play?

Goblin
36%
Worgen
64%

Total votes: 56

Nikrosnil
Haiku Master
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

What will you play come Cataclysm? (read!)

Unread post by Nikrosnil »

This is a thread where people can post what they're most interested in playing when Cataclysm comes out, and their character's name, personality and story if they'd like to. THE STORY IS NOT NECESSARY, SO DON'T BE PUT OFF BY THAT. I'd just love to hear what you guys are going to play.

I'm going to play a Gobin Girl-They have the coolest hair! clickhere. andhere.- anyways, She's a Hunter, Called Lyxia. She's going to have the hairstyle the goblin in my avatar has, and is a piratess! Ahoy, me mateys, and all that jazz. If possible, she'll have a gorgeous red fox called Caryal, and her favourite weapon is her pistol.

Basically, it's the boring old everyonethoughtofthat storyline, until I come up with a better one.

Lyxia grew up on an island out at sea, surrounded by jungle and seas. Boats were always what she was best at as a child, sailing in the dinghy her father made her. One day, she came across a stranded fox cub, barely breathing and covered in sea salt. She carried it home, and cared for him as he grew up, making him her unfailing companion. Caryal, She called him.

At the age of 15, Her father was murdered, and, as he was the only man in the house, and she his only daughter, the council agreed that she was to be married to a local tribesman, who would 'inherit' her father's fortune. Furious at the council's decision, so soon after her father's death, she suspected them of playing a part in his death.
The night before they were to choose her husband, she gathered all of the gold and valuables she could, and lastly took her father's pistol before setting off with Caryal by boat, to find a new life for herself.

A few days later, she was picked up by a horde pirater, currently transporting slaves to booty bay. She asked to work, telling them that she had experience with boats, and could act as ship's boy. As she was a pretty little thing, they said they'd give her a chance. She worked hard, day and night, with Caryal at her side, to keep her freedom, and prove her worth, but one day, one of the men took a little too much interest in her. He was a huge, thug of a man. He tried to abuse her, but was received with a sharp kick to the stomach and a broken nose. After the captain heard she'd single handedly put him to the ground, he reevaluated her use, and let her work as a member of the crew. Gradually she became one of their best sailors, good with boats and a keen shot. Lyxi Sharpshot, they called her, and the name stuck.

Since then she's worked as a pirater, stealing from alliance vessels, and earning her fortune.

She's Fierce, Proud, Smart and Witty, and never holds back on her opinions, regardless of whether people disagree. After all, if they pick a fight, she'll beat them to a pulp. :D

Oh, and I'm going to faction change my night elf druid into a troll druid, if the cat and bear forms are awesome enough.

Can't wait to hear what you're going to play!

Last edited by Nikrosnil on Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Re: What will you play come Cataclysm? (read!)

Unread post by Vephriel »

Though at first I wasn't too excited at the announcement of Goblins, I have to say that the females are certainly growing on me. They have this awesome punk look and seem like they'll be full of attitude, so I know I'll be rolling one for sure. I just don't know which class yet.

As for Worgens, I'm equally excited about them. I love their starting area and how it has a dark Gothic London sort of feel to it. Unfortunately they're Alliance, so I honestly can't say how long I'll play mine for. I tend to run out of steam around level 20 since I really just can't stand playing Allie characters for much longer. >< Anyways, might roll a hunter just for the sake of quick solo-levelling.

I also have a Druid that I will be race-chaning into a Troll. I'm so giddy about this, I love Trolls and I love Druids, but I'm not the biggest fan of Taurens. I don't like the females, and while the males are pretty awesome looking they're just so large and awkward to play I find. My Druid is only 24, and a male Tauren, but he'll be turning into a female Troll once Cataclysm hits. Can't wait to see their unique animal forms.

I'm also pretty pumped about Undead Hunters, I know I'll have to make one somewhere. :D
Ryno
Guild Master
Guild Master
Realm: US Grizzly Hills, Deathwing, Wyrmrest Accord
Location: Wandering aimlessly under the effect of the Curse of Burgy BlackheaLET'S BUCKLE SOME SWASH!!

Unread post by Ryno »

Mmm, I'll definitely get a goblin hunter rolling. Possibly change my main orc hunter to one. Just love the lore and personality of the race as a whole. Greedy little green people with a love of things that go boom. ;)

I'll add in a story here most likely later, have some plans coming up in a few so I'll probably do that later.

Will most likely change my druid in <Petopians> over to a troll eventually too. I agree with Veph, male tauren are pretty difficult to play as just because of their size. Only class I really play tauren as is a druid, since I get to be in a form most of the time.

Worgen, eh. They're too pretty for me. They made them so darn cute for players.

Nikrosnil
Haiku Master

Vephriel: Mhmm, Their punkish attitude and looks, paired with their love for guns and rockets, are what attracted me to playing one.
I love the victorian style of gilneas, but I'm not interested enough to a worgen to play one seriously.
Troll druids on the other hand. WOW. I've been wanting this was such a long time. The cats and bears with horns just didn't do it for me, i guess!
Oh, you should totally make an undead hunter with one of the diseased pet forms. That would look awesome.

Ryno: My sentiments exactly. :D

Vephriel

Yeah, the Gilneas appearance is really the only reason that I want to create a Worgen. Once I'm finished the starting zone, I'll probably be done. xD

And my Undead hunter will only have the zombie pets! xD
Nikrosnil
Haiku Master

Hahah. You know, if they made it a proper city, with a bank and auction house, I would be in heaven. I'd totally leave my bank toon there.

That's great to hear! You'll have to post screenshots. XD

Mania
Administrator
Administrator

Unread post by Mania »

I will play a goblin hunter -- but I'll start with the worgen. (And then possibly roll the goblin 5 minutes later and level them in rotation, but we'll see ...) Unfortunately I feel like I need to wait for a better look at the female worgen (mostly in overall look and animations) before I can settle on a personality and backstory.
Nikrosnil
Haiku Master

Mania: I can understand that, the only reason that I am completely sure of a goblin hunter is because I've always preferred more human-like races, such as the Night Elves, Blood Eves, Trolls and Gnomes, as opposed to more beast-like races such as the tauren and worgen.

Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

Worgen Female Art:
http://media.photobucket.com/image/worg ... Female.jpg

A bit... Foxier... Than the wolf-like men.

Come on Blizz, you made this mistake with draenei, dont redo it!

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Kamalia
Realm: Kael'Thas, Nesingwary

Unread post by Kamalia »

But
But
But
I only have one vote?! I love them both so much!
Well, okay, I suppose I haven't made my mind up on worgen until I see that elusive female model. And they gosh darned better look more fierce then the concept art. Of course, considering my fascination with mythology and especially werewolves, I will most likely be rolling one anyway.
And Goblins are all around awesome.

Chibi-Jen signature done by Sat, all other sigs and avatar done by me.

SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

I was kinda put off a little when I first heard about the horde gettin goblins. But then I saw the models, then the female models, and then the hairs syles and now I can help but wait to roll my self a little green pocket rocket!! She will be as cute and as cheeky to boot, and yet still strike fear into anyone silly enough to tick her off... :lol:

Her name is to be Sprockette :mrgreen:

+ 1 Vote Goblin

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Aleu
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord.

Unread post by Aleu »

I'm going to play both. Likely a Worgen Hunter and a Goblin Warrior or Priest. =D Just for the heck of it. I want to see their starting zones and quests...

...I can't vote for just one. D8

NEW SIGNATURE PENDING... SOON.
{Flight Rising}

Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Muradin

Unread post by Rikaku »

Worgen Hunters, hands down. And her name will be Hiiro because Heero & Rikaku are my 2 top lvl'd characters & main, so I stick to the Japanese sounding names. Shush I know I'm unoriginal but I did make up Rikaku! XD

Uh I don't really have a story for her. XD

Saturo: I disagree, while the Draenei were sorta haphazardly thrown into the WoW universe, I think their models are overall quite nice. I think there's a reason they're stupidly popular among the Alliance XD

Nikrosnil
Haiku Master

Saturo: Thanks for that! I really hope they are more wolf like though, but there's one thing I can't. Why the smurf would they have breasts? Do female wolves have them? NO.
I think that it'd be better if the made the females perhaps only slightly more foxy, and didn't give them breasts to reassert their femininity. I mean, looking at the female worgen mask, it looks like they'll be distinguishably female.

Kamalia: I'm sorry, but other wise it's not a proper poll, is it? xD
Mhmm, I hope someone from the family and friends alpha uploads a screenshot of a female worgen.

Spiritbinder: Those were my thoughts! I was really worried they'd make the female goblin ugly at first, but that worry disapparated when I saw the forementioned goblin hairstyles and faces.

Aleu: Hahah, I've made it too hard for you guys, haven't I?

Rikaku: Pssh, Who cares? As long as you like the names, and they don't offend anyone, then they're perfect. ^_^

Ghanur
Realm: Tranquility

Unread post by Ghanur »

Goblin Hunter and Engineer!

My main is a Nightelf Hunter and (Goblin) Engineer - but I stop playing most horde chars around level 20 ;)

Maybe I start a Worgen too, I do have 2 free slots on my main server...
Jangalian
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Jangalian »

Going to race change my night elf hunter (not my main) into a goblin, and am gonna level a worgen.
( •_•) Many whelps!
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■) Handle it.
Nikrosnil
Haiku Master

Jangalian: I may have a worgen merely as a bank toon, I already have a lvl 80 Nelf Hunter, and lvl 60 draenei priest, so I'm not really interested in any more high level Allys.

Ghanur: Yeah, if you're going to be a goblin, you need to be an engineer.

Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

Not complaining about the models, heck the reason all my chars are blood elves or draenei is because of the model! Those models are much more complex, and seem to have been made with a bit more "quality". Plus, the female draenei gun animation kicks ass! Shotgun!

What I did'nt like about it was the big difference between female and male draenei. The female looks closer to the elves than their males!

I'm just afraid they'll do it again in Cata.

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Ryno
Guild Master
Guild Master
Realm: US Grizzly Hills, Deathwing, Wyrmrest Accord
Location: Wandering aimlessly under the effect of the Curse of Burgy BlackheaLET'S BUCKLE SOME SWASH!!

Unread post by Ryno »

saturo wrote:Those models are much more complex, and seem to have been made with a bit more "quality".
Yeah, that is a big reason I'll be playing a goblin quite more than other races come Cata. And why my main will be changed into one.

Vephriel

I'm sincerely hoping that Blizzard will eventually redo the old models so they aren't so blocky. I realize it's a huge undertaking for them to change something that's been the same for so long, and having to endure the QQ of players who hate change, but nonetheless old models are really showing their age.

I have a feeling they'll slowly revamp them, after all they began with druid forms so it's a start.