What will you play come Cataclysm? (read!)

Which new race will you play?

Goblin
36%
Worgen
64%

Total votes: 56

Ryno
Guild Master
Guild Master
Realm: US Grizzly Hills, Deathwing, Wyrmrest Accord
Location: Wandering aimlessly under the effect of the Curse of Burgy BlackheaLET'S BUCKLE SOME SWASH!!

Re: What will you play come Cataclysm? (read!)

Unread post by Ryno »

dragonpuff wrote:I... don't really like the Goblins. >>''
:shock:

Dragonpuff
Haiku Master
Realm: Duskwood (US)
Location: On an undisclosed island that is being shredded by giant boss fights

Unread post by Dragonpuff »

Ryno wrote:
dragonpuff wrote:I... don't really like the Goblins. >>''
:shock:
I'm sorry! T-T I just don't! They look weird! And if they keep the same dance they have now.... *shivers* Creepy......
I'm all for ripping around in a go-kart though! I'll be doing all the Goby quests for rep! :D

Taz'dingu of the Petopians Guild, Nesingwary Server

Here there be Dragons (and Eggs)

Ryno
Guild Master
Guild Master
Location: Wandering aimlessly under the effect of the Curse of Burgy BlackheaLET'S BUCKLE SOME SWASH!!

Unread post by Ryno »

Hehe. Go-karts would be a fun racial mount.

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

I will play neither :) i like allience best, and i really really dont like the looks of worgen... Only hordie race i like is the bloodelves :P

I stick with my longeared nigthelves and my humans :D

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Tarjin
Realm: Cenarion Circle

Unread post by Tarjin »

I will likely roll a tauren Sunwalker. Since the introduction of dual-speccing, my orc enhancement shaman has had little purpose, so that will free up a spot on my primary server. I'll have a worgen and a goblin at some point; but they'll have to be elsewhere, and I'm not sure what class they'll be.
Vorel
Realm: Aggramar

Unread post by Vorel »

Well i (as many others according to the poll) will probably go with the Worgens.I am thinking to change my Night Elf Druid to a Worgen actually but am not sure if this will be matching to the lore (especially now when Malfurion Stormrage will be awaken,and my Druid is a follower of Malfurion and Cenarius).I am strangling between change race my Druid (still cannot get how a Human that is cursed to transform to Worgen can be a druid,even if i can stretch the Lore here since there are rumors about Worgens are not humans transformed to beast like humanoids but the opposite-"Scythe of Elune") and change race my Huntress into a female Worgen(i like my huntress and i play her more than any other of my toons so far).Names will be the same though,i like the names i chose back then on my starting screen Irthos for the Druid and Vorel for the Huntress(both have a history for me that reflects also my toons' personality).As for checking the starting zones well i can do it either with a high lvl toon or even make a new toon that will be deleted after leaves the starter zones(as i did with Death Knight,well technical is not deleted but abandoned).Meh,who am try to fool?I like both my druid and Huntress (especially my Huntress after Karathyriel's sig he made for me) to change their races,i'll start a new toon and will try to lvl him or her (not sure yet) and probably will be a rogue (just for a change and because is the class i started to play with but deleted him after i got fed up with Alliance before Burning Crusade,Blood Elves were the reason i got back to Alliance though and am afraid that same will happens with Worgens but vice versa this time...).
Vorel

Where many see wild beasts as enemies to be destroyed,I see valuable allies who have simply lost their way...

Striv
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Earthen Ring//Twisting Nether

Unread post by Striv »

I will be playing a:
Female Goblin Hunter
Female Worgen Druid
Female Worgen Hunter

:) I'm so excited. But if I had to choose which race I liked the most of the 2 new ones it would be... Worgen. Just because I have an obsession with wolves and cats. So being able to play a wolf person will just be... awesome! Haha. Now when and if cat people are released @_@ I will be in heaven! Haha.
Darknez

Realm: Bloodhoof - EU, Hellscream - EU

Unread post by Darknez »

I'm definately going for a Worgen hunter... however the problem is that my Bloodhoof EU is already full of 10 chars... and I'm not deleting one!
So I hope they give us at least an eleventh slot...

However those pictures on the first page are the first I've seen of female worgen... look pretty cool in my opinion, although they are just sketches!
I'll wait and see what the final (or at least beta) models look like before deciding on gender. Up to this point I've just assumed male as I've never seen a female one...

I've already settled on my first pet... what better to go with a wolf, than a black raven! (Means a quick trip to Northrend at level 10!)
Striv
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Striv »

Yeah I dont think the final worgen female will look like that haha. :) But either way... Im sure blizz will make them look awesome.
Ryno
Guild Master
Guild Master

Unread post by Ryno »

Striv wrote:Yeah I dont think the final worgen female will look like that haha. :) But either way... Im sure blizz will make them look awesome.
And they will give them breasts I'm sure. They definitely shouldn't, but they will.

Sarayana
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Ysera-US, Nesingwary-US

Unread post by Sarayana »

Vephriel wrote:I'm sincerely hoping that Blizzard will eventually redo the old models so they aren't so blocky. I realize it's a huge undertaking for them to change something that's been the same for so long, and having to endure the QQ of players who hate change, but nonetheless old models are really showing their age.

I have a feeling they'll slowly revamp them, after all they began with druid forms so it's a start.
I've seen both rumours and patch tests with new character models a few times during WotLK, so I'd say it's plausible that they're updating them for Cataclysm. From what I recall, the major hurdle is to do it in a way that they don't make the game requirements prohibitive to any of their players. New character models will be more demanding on comps.

Aaaanyway. I'm going to roll a goblin hunter, named Sprockett (already saved :)) and a worgen warrior named Cassara. I think. I'm still a bit undecided on the name for her. I'm totally looking forward to the starting areas. :)

Much gratitude to Spiritbinder for the signature and Vephriel for the avatar! <3

Striv
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Striv »

I like the idea of my female worgen with breasts. Makes them more feminine.
Ryno
Guild Master
Guild Master

Unread post by Ryno »

Striv wrote:I like the idea of my female worgen with breasts. Makes them more feminine.
I suppose. I see why Blizz is doing it, I just don't agree. It doesn't make too much sense...

I'm talking about sense about werewolf people. You have permission to shoot me.

Striv
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Striv »

Too me it makes sense. In human form they have breasts so would they just grow fur a muzzle and some long toes fingers with claws? So technically the breasts wouldnt go away.
Kamalia
Realm: Kael'Thas, Nesingwary

Unread post by Kamalia »

It doesn't matter to me if female worgen have breasts or not, just as long as they aren't as... generously endowed as the art we've seen. It just seemed a little bit over the top to me. I sure hope that some new pictures of Goblins and Worgen come out soon. It sure has been a while since any kind of Cata leak. :|

Chibi-Jen signature done by Sat, all other sigs and avatar done by me.

Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

But basically they've done this same mistake before. Will I need to repost my draenei example?

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Striv
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Striv »

Yeah I dont think worgens need to have... huge ones. Like humans! Haha. I love female draenei btw >>
Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

What I meant was that male Draenei are large, huge muscles and the like, while female Draenei are thin, and look more like blood elves.

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Striv
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Striv »

Ah I see. Yeah. I dont... understand why males are so humongous. I dont like it xD
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Has anyone ever seen this page on Sexual Dimorphism in WoW?

http://www.wired.com/underwire/2007/05/sexual_dimorphi/

It's an interesting read. Sexual dimorphism is basically the tendency for genders of the same species to have different physical traits/characteristics.

World of Warcraft takes it to such an extreme, however, that in many cases the females look like completely separate races from the males. Draenei are the most glaring, in my opinion. Females look no different than Blood Elves really except with horns, hooves, and a tail.

I have to say I really like the alpha version of the Female Troll. I like our current ones too, but I don't see anything wrong with the original version. The problem is that the majority of people want females to be petite and sexy, and males to be large and muscled.