Name My hunter! -mini contest **ENDED**![Nesingwary]

Isaba
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Alleria~Nesingwary

Name My hunter! -mini contest **ENDED**![Nesingwary]

Unread post by Isaba »

so I'm going to rename my hunter [depends on funds for when]

Currently her name is Isaba, heres her armory so you can see what she looks like http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/n ... aba/simple
or if you prefer

Addictions include : mounts, mini-pets, rare pets, shiny things, maxing skills
Personality: When I think of this hunter, I picture her as silent and stubborn when shes fighting, out of the fight shes loud and a touch pervy, playful and silly, with a quick tongue and doesn't hesitate to playfully poke fun at friends
Reason Why: when I made her she was a Draenei with a very different personality in my mind, so the name doesn't fit any longer

now, I need help coming up with the perfect name, this is where the contest comes in... you can submit ten names , I want them to be original, not funny names {Ex:headshot} I prefer short-medium range names preferring fantasy based or names with meanings from other languages.
now obviously the contest only apply's if your on Nesingwary along with me since I cant mail gold cross server. I'm setting the deadline to the 25th at midnight EST [or 11pm wow server] so you got all weekend to think about it! I'll decide the winner on the 26th and send the gold their way! just let me know the toon you want it sent to when submitting your name ideas, you don't have to submit all in one go either, you can spread it out if you like up until midnight on the 25th, people off nesingwary are welcome to enter but obviously there's no way to give you the prize, but I'd give you lots of hugs =D

***WINNER***
Niabi/Synestra -Faeline (spelt Fayeline or Fayelin, haven't decided yet)

Post your entrys!
Entries

GormanGhaste:
Shkai'ra

Foru21dr/Bitka:
Bente – Latin – meaning Blessed.
Beryl – Greek – semiprecious gemstone
Tzefira – Greek – meaning west wind (or the name Zefira)
Ophelia – Greek – meaning help
Madira – Morrocco volcanic island deviation
Mercia – Old English No meaning
Ghaliya – Arabic meaning sweet smelling
Deirdre – Gaelic meaning sorrowful or fear

Niabi/Synestra:
1. Astrid: Old Norse name meaning "beautiful" and "fair-skinned"
2. Quinn: Your Blood Elf kind of looks like a Quinn. Originating from Irish roots, I also think this name means "queen" in Spanish or Latin.
3. Kimber (or any other alt. spelling): Again, I just think your Blood Elf looks like she could be a Kimber. It strikes me as a fun and sassy kind of name.
4. Estelle or Estella: Latin names meaning "star".
5. Oriana: Latin name meaning "rising sun".
6. Caitra or Kaitra: Not sure if it means anything. This name just kind of popped into my head. I did find a reference of it meaning "absorbed on pleasure" and "as pleasant as springtime" in Sanskrit. Seems fitting given the description of your character.
7. Sofeara or Sophira: Derived from the Greek name Sophie/Sophia meaning "wisdom".
8. Sabia, Saiba, or Biasa: Anagrams of your character's original name.
9. Faeline (or any other alt. spelling): Just another random name that came to me. "Fae/Fay/Faye" can all mean "fairy" or "elf" and since fairies have been known to be mischievious creatures, much like how you depict your character, I thought it'd be a fitting suggestion.
10. Aerith: This created name orginates from the Final Fantasy VII game. I don't really have a good reason for suggesting it other than it fits with the criteria you posted and it's rather elvish-sounding and pretty.

Kayb/Goannis:
Lilith
Viven
Kylanthra
Sharell
Keeta
Estoa
Rala
Polania
Jion
Atheria

Araela:
Shendara

Teigan/Teigan:
Zoya: Russian form of Zoe
Trini: short form of Trinidad
Tessa: dim. of Teresa
Taryn: fem. form of Tyrone
Tanith: from Semitic roots meaning "serpent lady". Phoenician goddess of love, fertility, the moon and the stars.
Shivali: Means "beloved of Shiva" in Sanskrit. This is another name of the Hindu goddess Parvati.
Shaye: der. from masc name possibly meaning "admirable" or "hawk-like" in Gaelic
Nyx: Means "night" in Greek. This was the name of the Greek goddess of the night, the daughter of Khaos and the wife of Erebos.

moore:
Arminia- I basically just shortened and try to femalize Arminius, a German general who betrayed a Roman legion in Teutoberg Forest and entirely annihilated over 20,000 troops in a massive ambush.

Volga - After the river Volga in Russia it's historic, it's referred to as a "mother". Once again a lot of history in that, being that Stalingrad (now Volgograd) is along it's banks.
Last edited by Isaba on Mon Sep 26, 2011 5:10 am, edited 6 times in total.

*GenderQueer*Gay*Furry*Hunter*
I am who I am, and I am Happy.

Worba
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Uther, Zangarmarsh, Shu'halo, Fenris, Quel'Thalas+
Location: In Sethekk Halls, bothering Anzu (90 runs and counting)

Re: Name My hunter! -mini contest win 500g![Nesingwary]

Unread post by Worba »

Ah ha - yarn BOOTIES! :D

I remember when my dwarf wore them - awesome.

Why would you want to change your name though? Isaba is cool - I may be misremembering but didn't that come from The Black Company?
Isaba
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Alleria~Nesingwary

Unread post by Isaba »

I don't know what the black company is o.o and cus Isaba doesnt fit her in my mind anymore

*GenderQueer*Gay*Furry*Hunter*
I am who I am, and I am Happy.

Worba
Realm: Uther, Zangarmarsh, Shu'halo, Fenris, Quel'Thalas+
Location: In Sethekk Halls, bothering Anzu (90 runs and counting)

Unread post by Worba »

It's one of the coolest fantasy novel series' ever written
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

Shkai'ra

(I only have a baby hunter on Nesingwary that I don't play often, so the gold would be wasted on her.)
Foru21dr
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Tanaris (Alliance) Nessingwary (Horde)

Unread post by Foru21dr »

Here are a few that I come up with

Bente – Latin – meaning Blessed.
Beryl – Greek – semiprecious gemstone
Tzefira – Greek – meaning west wind (or the name Zefira)
Ophelia – Greek – meaning help
Madira – Morrocco volcanic island deviation
Mercia – Old English No meaning
Ghaliya – Arabic meaning sweet smelling
Deirdre – Gaelic meaning sorrowful or fear
Nesingwary Petopians - Bitka, Quïll Xendral, Ximbol, Saehi, and Tryxter
Nesingwary Petopian Alliance - Sorree and Xylda

http://dragcave.net/user/foru21dr My Cave
Niabi
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Greymane-H, Rexxar-A, Staghelm-A/H, Nesingwary-A/H

Unread post by Niabi »

Synestra from Nesingwary here. Don't really need the gold since I play on other servers most of the time. I just like to help out with names whenever I feel inspired.

Name Suggestions:

1. Astrid: Old Norse name meaning "beautiful" and "fair-skinned"
2. Quinn: Your Blood Elf kind of looks like a Quinn. Originating from Irish roots, I also think this name means "queen" in Spanish or Latin.
3. Kimber (or any other alt. spelling): Again, I just think your Blood Elf looks like she could be a Kimber. It strikes me as a fun and sassy kind of name.
4. Estelle or Estella: Latin names meaning "star".
5. Oriana: Latin name meaning "rising sun".
6. Caitra or Kaitra: Not sure if it means anything. This name just kind of popped into my head. I did find a reference of it meaning "absorbed on pleasure" and "as pleasant as springtime" in Sanskrit. Seems fitting given the description of your character.
7. Sofeara or Sophira: Derived from the Greek name Sophie/Sophia meaning "wisdom".
8. Sabia, Saiba, or Biasa: Anagrams of your character's original name.
9. Faeline (or any other alt. spelling): Just another random name that came to me. "Fae/Fay/Faye" can all mean "fairy" or "elf" and since fairies have been known to be mischievious creatures, much like how you depict your character, I thought it'd be a fitting suggestion.
10. Aerith: This created name orginates from the Final Fantasy VII game. I don't really have a good reason for suggesting it other than it fits with the criteria you posted and it's rather elvish-sounding and pretty.

Come visit my lovely garden of dragons over at
Flight Rising

Kayb
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Kayb »

*edit*
My toon is Goannis btw :P

Lilith
Viven
Kylanthra
Sharell
Keeta
Estoa
Rala
Polania
Jion
Atheria
Check out some arty stuff?
http://admiral-lilwall.deviantart.com/

'Words do not win wars. That is a tragedy.'

http://lilwall.net
Araela
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Thrall

Unread post by Araela »

I don't know why but I immediately thought "Shendara" when I saw her.
Teigan
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

Zoya: Russian form of Zoe
Trini: short form of Trinidad
Tessa: dim. of Teresa
Taryn: fem. form of Tyrone
Tanith: from Semitic roots meaning "serpent lady". Phoenician goddess of love, fertility, the moon and the stars.
Shivali: Means "beloved of Shiva" in Sanskrit. This is another name of the Hindu goddess Parvati.
Shaye: der. from masc name possibly meaning "admirable" or "hawk-like" in Gaelic
Nyx: Means "night" in Greek. This was the name of the Greek goddess of the night, the daughter of Khaos and the wife of Erebos.
Moore
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Venture Co.

Unread post by Moore »

Arminia- I basically just shortened and try to femalize Arminius, a German general who betrayed a Roman legion in Teutoberg Forest and entirely annihilated over 20,000 troops in a massive ambush.

Volga - After the river Volga in Russia it's historic, it's referred to as a "mother". Once again a lot of history in that, being that Stalingrad (now Volgograd) is along it's banks.

Will probably come back and add more to this list later. I've always thought Russian names go well with blood elves since they have a Russian look about them imo :P.