Out with the old, in with the new..

meepitco
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Nessingway- Main (H) Mannoroth- Secondary (A)

Out with the old, in with the new..

Unread post by meepitco »

recentally, I have left my so called long term guild, for a lower level, but a lot more social guild. I've been a little clingy to memories from that guild, and it makes me feel a little guilty that I left. But on the other hand, I am enjoying my new guild. I've built them a guild website, because their wowsted website stopped working. I have 2 alts in the guild, and my main.

Should I be feeling sad that I left a sorta dead guild, but had lots of memories in it?

Click the picture, it takes you to my deviantart.

Tumblr is here.

Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Re: Out with the old, in with the new..

Unread post by Lisaara »

Naw. I was sad to leave Night Kittens and Way Of The Druid but NK was dying and WotD wasnt that social anymore.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Novikova
Realm: Moooooooon Guard. SC/FM.

Unread post by Novikova »

Nope. I've done much the same. It's hard to leave a guild with a lot of memories in it, even if it's for the best.
Image Sofia, the remarkably purple spirit cat as drawn by Ket Shi. :D

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... e&id=50139 - Dragon Lair at flight rising!
Kayb
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Kayb »

It's ok to feel sad, it means you cared :) It will pass so don't worry, but you don't need to feel guilty my friend! You've done what was best for you in the long run. If it wasn't the right decision then you wouldn't be enjoying your new guild so much.

It's all good :)
Check out some arty stuff?
http://admiral-lilwall.deviantart.com/

'Words do not win wars. That is a tragedy.'

http://lilwall.net
Ket Shi
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Ket Shi »

Sometimes guilds just up and die. It's not fun to chain yourself to a dead one when there's a potential for exploring content and making friends in perfectly good other guilds.

Make sure to get the special guild tabard that gives you increased guild reputation!
Comett
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by Comett »

I HATE leaving guilds. I've had to leave a few of them in the past for various reasons but once I get attached to the guild and the people, I'm truly attached. I've cried when I left a guild before, heh ._.

But at the end of the day, you need to do what's best for your gaming experience, and if that's to leave a dead or dying guild, so be it. :) As much as I've hated leaving previous guilds, I've kept the good friends and made new ones to boot.

meepitco
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Nessingway- Main (H) Mannoroth- Secondary (A)

Unread post by meepitco »

I hadn't realized anyone had commented on this, but thank you everyone for the advice. I have been running old raids with the new guild, and a warrior who had left himself from the old guild, asked to join. I was pretty startled, at least at first. The guild leader I saw online, but she hasn't done anything much. All i've seen her is in SW. It seems like a new dawn, with potential everywhere I look in this guild, and a new expansion on the way. And because I dont have to worry about rude shammans saying BM sucks anymore, I get to play BM again ^_^

Click the picture, it takes you to my deviantart.

Tumblr is here.