Preferred Race

Skyshot
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Fizzcrank US

Re: Preferred Race

Unread post by Skyshot »

Even though I currently play night elf, my favorites are trolls and blood elves.
They both have interesting looks and lore.. and some pretty humorous /silly's. xD

<My whelps - My Dragons>
"It's not denial. I'm just very selective about the reality I accept."
-Calvin and Hobbes

Aweena
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Terenas, Argent Dawn

Unread post by Aweena »

Elfs any type only thing i can be a bit sad about is the sillyness blizzard put on the blood elfs but i like em all the same

but honestly how can you choose orcs are hardy strong and euhm green undead has the best jokes imo and trolls the best flirst

"when in heat and enraged a female troll can mate up to 80 times in one nigth Be prepared ?"

dwarfs like to drink and party humans are good diplomats and gnomes well who dosent want a closet gnome !

draeni so special tauren who dosent like a good burger ?

If love is an illusion to hell with reality

Karathyriel
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Not playing anymore.

Unread post by Karathyriel »

My preferred race? That's a hard-to-answer quiz...

No. 10: Humans I am a human IRL. Why play one?
No. 9: Gnomes This whole race had to be a joke in the first place and then the only one who knew died. Now they are in the game.
No. 8: Draenei What did Nhym sing about them? "So out of place, the new alliance race, I didn't know that WoW had gypsies from outer space. Got a racial heal you can barely feel, a blue skinned race with hooved goat legs! Didn't make it far on the Exodar. It must be hard to drive with a squid up on your face!"
No. 7: Nightelves To tall, to skinny and, as everyone knows: "Stay away from this crooked elves!"
No. 6: Forsaken I just expected more from those guys. They made it as playable race only because Beta Testers wanted them so bad.
No. 5: Orcs Pretty cool race but then, they were better when they were the real horde.
No. 4: Dwarves Always drinking, having fun. I like 'em.
No. 3: Trolls I had to play one before I started to like them. Especially roleplaying one is so hilarious!
No. 2: Blood Elves Cool looks and great lore... But sadly, such gay movements.
No. 1: Tauren The best there was, there is and there ever will be. Big, strong and peaceful. I love 'em.

Yep, that's about it...
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Haha, nice list Karathyriel. xD I like your way of putting it.

Let's see, if I was to put the races from least-most liked, it would be something like this:

10 - Gnomes Ugh, just ugh. Puny little puntable midgets, I can't stand them.
9 - Humans As you said, what could be more boring than playing a human in a fantasy game??
8 - Draenei You covered them precisely. xD (well more specifically, Nymh did. ;))
7 - Night Elves Blehh....they seem so preachy and xenophobic to me.
6 - Dwarves Okay, I"ll admit for an Alliance race these guys are pretty awesome. ;D
5 - Tauren I love the Tauren, but they're my least favourite for Horde races.
4 - Orcs Classic Horde, I just love how badass they are.
1 - Blood Elves/Trolls/Forsaken TIED FOR FIRST! I'm not even kidding, these 3 are my favourite races in game, and I cannot for the life of me choose which I like more. Therefore it's a tie. :)
Ryno
Guild Master
Guild Master
Realm: US Grizzly Hills, Deathwing, Wyrmrest Accord
Location: Wandering aimlessly under the effect of the Curse of Burgy BlackheaLET'S BUCKLE SOME SWASH!!

Unread post by Ryno »

Vephriel wrote: 10 - Gnomes Ugh, just ugh. Puny little puntable midgets, I can't stand them.
I THOUGHT I KNEW YOU!! :(

Nikrosnil
Haiku Master
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Unread post by Nikrosnil »

1. Goblins - Impish little creatures that love all things shiny and that go boom? AWESOME.
2. Blood Elves - "Have you ever heard someone talk with no lower jaw? She sounded like a murloc!" I love the lore for blood elves, They look better than any other race, and their jokes are pretty funny.
3. Night Elves - The race is interesting, So affiliated with nature and animals, that I chose a female night elf as my first hunter. Downside: All of the male looks and some of the female looks are ugly.
4. Trolls - They're awesome, and RPing as one is fun. "You me ta sing, mon?"
5. Draenei - Generally I like the look of them, and their animations, despite their storyline being bad, and those tentacles are majorly gross.
6. Gnomes - These are so smurfing cute that you can't help but adore them. However, it's impossible to be serious with this race, and they look silly in most gear, so I avoid making more than one per server.
7. Tauren - This is an interesting race, so fierce and yet gentle, and the native american theme is great, but I don't like playing big half-cow mutants.
8. Undead - The undead look too disgusting for my likes, so I never play one. I'm just not much of a horror fan.
9. Human - Why on earth would I play one? They looks pretty ugly, especially the males, and I am a human, so it's not very interesting.
10. Dwarf - Dwarves are ugly and boring.
11. Orc - The ugliest race, in my opinion. I can't ever bring myself to make one.

Karathyriel
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Click this link and tell me that Irayaya is ugly again!

Pah! Goblins...
Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

I'm going to have to disagree there.

1. Undead. Come on, rolplaying a zombie is great! Some funny jokes and flitts too. (I can't wait to suck the juice out of your eyeballs.)
2. Blood elf. Most high-res model in the game currently. Funny jokes too.
3. Worgen. The wolf-men are cool.
4. Everything else.
5. Goblins. Ugly and not really my style. They look like a mix of Gnomes and Orcs. I like neither.

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Nikrosnil
Haiku Master
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Unread post by Nikrosnil »

Ahah, I seem to have started a debate! :lol:

Well Karathyriel, She does look a LOT better than any other orc i've seen, but generally I don't like the look of orcs. ^^''

I agree that the male goblins look very ugly indeed, but the females don't, and their hairstyles have this cool punkish look.

I still don't like Undead that much. xD

Striv
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Earthen Ring//Twisting Nether

Unread post by Striv »

1 Worgen o.o i love wolves :D
2 Night Elves i love the lore and looks :D
3 Blood Elves they're hawt. what can i say?
4 Goblins enjoy the lore. cant wait for them to be playable
5 Draenei i love the lore and looks :)
GethlarNomudac
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by GethlarNomudac »

Tauren cause they're big and fuzzy, then dwarves,then gnomes then worgen then goblins
u lost tha game :D
Kalasha
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Karazhan, Terenas

Unread post by Kalasha »

Kalasha is a dranei, love the friendly, somewhat naive jokes she makes. "This planet has a tremendous amount of sandstone, the inhabitants must be wealthy beyond their dreams". ^^

Also the eastern european accent is adorable. Male dranei are a bit bulky for my taste, but again their sillys are gold. So for alliance i would say dranei are my favorites.

For the Horde I love trolls, especially the males. They are HUGE (when they do bother to stand upright, that is) but because those long limbs arent overtly muscular it gives the feel of monkey-like dexterity rather than the slow ponderous stomping Tauren. The jamaican accent and the cool dance adds to it, but oddly enough what I like best about them is the way they sit perched on their feet for long times. Seriously try sitting as a troll for a while, your legs will cramp up with a vengeance :P
Karathyriel
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

As the alliance got there hooved titans with the draenei to match the taurenm now the horde gets the goblins to match the gnomes.
Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

Draenei are much smaller than a Tauren, and Goblins (at least the ones in the game now) are taller than the Gnomes... Still unfair...

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Danielfboone
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Draka

Unread post by Danielfboone »

I would have to say my favorite race is the Night Elf. They have such a rich history and are so ingrained in every aspect of the Lore. I also think their areas are the best looking ones in the game.

My favorite on the Horde side is the Tauren. They are the least inherently evil but having said that, I think the Undead are a lot of fun to play. The apothecaries are the mad Scientists of the game and the quest lines you do while leveling as Undead are sometimes hilarious. It starts as soon as you come up out of the crypt and the first guy you meet says something to the effect of "Yeah , you're dead, but that doesn't mean you can lie around rotting, you still have work to do so get what's left of your butt down the hill and get your orders". Those aren't the actual words but it's the gist of the situation :-).
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Danielfboone wrote:It starts as soon as you come up out of the crypt and the first guy you meet says something to the effect of "Yeah , you're dead, but that doesn't mean you can lie around rotting, you still have work to do so get what's left of your butt down the hill and get your orders". Those aren't the actual words but it's the gist of the situation :-).
Haha, so true! xD I love it.
Zanidar
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Venture Co - Nesingwary

Unread post by Zanidar »

I like Night Elves and Blood Elves. I don't really know why, they just look cool I guess
Thornberry
Realm: Stormrage-US Illidan-US

Unread post by Thornberry »

1) Dwarves (there just made of win)
Tied for 1st with dwarves Troll and Tauren My hunter is currently a Troll (formerly a Dwarf) and I have a 72 Tauren Hunter aswell.
4) Worgen Epic Wolf dudes
5) Orc
6) Gnome
7) Goblin
8) Draenei Idk there Lore is awesome
9) BE Lore is equally awesome
10) Night Elf Better then the other races left lol