Entertaining NPC/NPCs

Arwyn
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Entertaining NPC/NPCs

Unread post by Arwyn »

While running around doing quests as either Alliance, Horde, or both you're bound to run into some npc or npcs who either have some witty dialogue or action that makes you stop in your tracks to watch them.

For me, the most entertaining NPCs I've ever met were Cookie McWeaksause and Admiral Odesyus at Odesyus Landing. Their conversation is a laugh riot to behold.
VelkynKarma
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Quel'Dorei, Nessingwary
Location: Saturo's necromancy class. Karma = World's Worst Necromancer.

Re: Entertaining NPC/NPCs

Unread post by VelkynKarma »

I LOVE Apothacary Lyndon in Tarren Mill. Every time I get assigned to go see him/do his 'elixir' quests, I look forward to it; his dialogue is just so hilarious.

~VelkynKarma

Silinrul and Jiaphyon of <Ominous Latin Name>

A big thanks to Vephriel for the awesome signature :)

Help my Dragons

Aleu
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord.

Unread post by Aleu »

There's one quest in Vemonspite where Vicky Levine turns her apprentice into a slime after you told her it's failed.

Apothecary Vicky Levine says: Schlemiel!
Junior Apothecary Schlemiel says: Huh?
Apothecary Vicky Levine says: Apparently you flubbed this batch of blight. What do you have to say for yourself?
Junior Apothecary Schlemiel says: But... I followed your instructions precisely! Sorry?
Apothecary Vicky Levine says: Sorry? SORRY? Here's sorry for you!
At this point, Vicky throws a vial at Schlemiel. Schlemiel promptly turns into green slime that immediately evaporates.
Junior Apothecary Schlemiel says: Eep!
Apothecary Vicky Levine says: Oops. I guess it IS working! That's odd.
Apothecary Vicky Levine says: I'm gonna need a cleanup and a new assistant over here!

I always found that amusing.

NEW SIGNATURE PENDING... SOON.
{Flight Rising}

Jadvya
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard US

Unread post by Jadvya »

Oralius! He's the nutso dwarf questgiver in the Burning Steppes with some... interesting quests, one of which is named "Ogre Head On A Stick = Party". His quest dialogue is hilarious.

Other than that, I also love Asric and Jadaar; their banter makes me grin every time. These two are probably my favorite NPCs in the game, and I hope to see them in Cataclysm.

Jadaar says: Look at us, elf. Look at us. Unemployed, destitute, and drinking swill from an establishment in the sewers named after a carrion bird!
Asric says: Disgusting, I agree.
Jadaar says: And above it all, I somehow find myself saddled with you, the very man who caused me to lose my job in the first place!
Asric says: That was your doing, not mine, windbag. I found myself unemployed due to my unfortunate association with your failure.
Jadaar says: My failure?! MY FAILURE?! It was your incompetence that landed us here, you insufferable prat!
Asric rolls his eyes.
Asric says: Come off it, Jadaar. That's all I've heard out of you for months. No matter what happened, the point is that we're free agents now! No longer tied to politics or duties, able to roam where we will!
Jadaar says: Penniless and away from what we know in the middle of the frozen, undead-infested northland.
Asric says: Perhaps, but with the opportunity to make names for ourselves! Think of the reception you'd have in Shattrath as the savior of Azeroth, slayer of the Scourge!
Jadaar says: Eh.. perhaps, after another drink.
Ryno
Guild Master
Guild Master
Realm: US Grizzly Hills, Deathwing, Wyrmrest Accord
Location: Wandering aimlessly under the effect of the Curse of Burgy BlackheaLET'S BUCKLE SOME SWASH!!

Unread post by Ryno »

http://www.wowwiki.com/Cro_Threadstrong

"HA! I CRUSHED AN APPLE, FRUIT VENDOR! THIS WILL NOT BE THE LAST!!"
"YOUR OGRE DOESN'T SCARE ME, FRUIT VENDOR! MY ARMY IS ON ITS WAY!"

http://www.wowhead.com/?item=38518

Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

Probably gonna' say Linken, the hooded Gnome in Un'Goro. He starts a long quest chain.

The reference to Zelda is amazing, both in the NPCs you visit, and in the quest.

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

VelkynKarma
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Quel'Dorei, Nessingwary
Location: Saturo's necromancy class. Karma = World's Worst Necromancer.

Unread post by VelkynKarma »

saturo wrote:Probably gonna' say Linken, the hooded Gnome in Un'Goro. He starts a long quest chain.

The reference to Zelda is amazing, both in the NPCs you visit, and in the quest.
It's not just Linken too; the entire ZONE is practically a collection of Nintendo references :) Oh Bliz, you do have quite a sense of humor.

~VelkynKarma

Silinrul and Jiaphyon of <Ominous Latin Name>

A big thanks to Vephriel for the awesome signature :)

Help my Dragons

Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Hmmm...

- Those silly dwarves in the trees in Sholazar.
- MOODLE.
- She's not necessarily funny, per se, but I'm always happy to see Chromie.
- Gretchen Fizzlespark of K3: "Men -- can't live with them, can't live without them. Well, you can... but it's just really boring."

There's tons more, but those are the ones off the top of my head.

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Vespias
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Llane

Unread post by Vespias »

I remember 2 dwarves from my alliance days but for the life of me I can't remember their names or zone. They were both a bit drunk and the one dwarf kept telling the other to hit him. Finally he tells him to hit him with his mace and blammo, he gets laid out. They were pretty funny but I also find a lot of humor in the names...like Olivia, Newton, and John, the tellers in the SW bank, Harris Pilton and Ricole Nitchie and Opal Windfury...classic.

Ryno
Guild Master
Guild Master
Location: Wandering aimlessly under the effect of the Curse of Burgy BlackheaLET'S BUCKLE SOME SWASH!!

Unread post by Ryno »

Vespias wrote:I remember 2 dwarves from my alliance days but for the life of me I can't remember their names or zone. They were both a bit drunk and the one dwarf kept telling the other to hit him. Finally he tells him to hit him with his mace and blammo, he gets laid out.
I believe both are at the dwarf city in Shadowmoon Valley.

Karathyriel
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Not playing anymore.

Unread post by Karathyriel »

In Dalaran, you can get a (horde only) quest, that send you to thunderbluff, to bring a forgotten shield back to a female tauren warrior, who was sent back home after being wounded. You find her in the tent where all druid trainers are and she is in deep conversation with a druid, who is responsible for nursing her back to a healthy state.

I stood for a long time in thunderbluff, "listening" to them, trying to figure out, what Blizz was trying to tell me with this conversation about having only one side of the druid magic, the side of night, taught by nightelves.

I really started to suspect that the magic of light would come down to the tauren race but I thought it was another hero class like an archdruid or something. It struck me like lightning when I finally found out, they'll get priests and paladins.

But you really should stay there for a while and listen to them talking. There are two conversations going on, both worth listening to.
Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Oh yeah, the Alliance-side RP for the Night Elf mages is interesting as well!

(And yes, those dwarves ARE in SMV.)

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Epicfail
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Uldum

Unread post by Epicfail »

Toshley's Station - The Starship Troopers battle.

Then...

I guess the conversation between the foreman of netherwing shelf and the lady dragon talking about Deathwings plans.

Favorites probably the fruit vendor quotes posted above.
I don't really feel like this is so much the "Post-Modern" era as much as its the "Pre-Zombie-Apocalpse" era. I consider myself more of a forward thinking guy and an era that just won't die is just as feasible as a coming era, where the dead come back.
Ryno
Guild Master
Guild Master

Unread post by Ryno »

Epicfail wrote:Favorites probably the fruit vendor quotes posted above.
"HA! I CRUSHED AN APPLE, FRUIT VENDOR! THIS WILL NOT BE THE LAST!!"

I love Cro. :lol:

But Captain Sanders is my all-time favorite NPC, as he's my hero. There's a conversation between him and another pirate, in Old Hillsbrad down in Southshore. The two walk up to two rowboats, and then:

Hanes: What are you doing Sanders?
Sanders: I just be makin' sure we wasn't followed! *hic*
Sanders: It be clear...
Sanders: Thar she be! Ain't she a beaut?
Hanes: Aye, she's a beaut alright. And you parked her right next to my frigate! *hic*
Sanders: That thar monster be yers, Ed? Arrr...She's a big'un!
Hanes: Ayep! She's all mine... I'm gonna sail her around the world. Across the sea!
Sanders: Arrr, Ed! She definately be seaworthy
Hanes: Sanders, what have you got in that chest?
Sanders: Can ye keep a secret, Ed? Arr...dead men tell no tales!
Sanders: It be me treasure, Ed. Me life's work! Arr...One white shirt fit fer a pirate king to be wearin'!
Sanders: One red sash that ye can put on yer head or britches. Pride o'the fleet, that sash is...
Sanders: An'last but certainly not least, one enormous bag! Big enought to fit eight whole apples! Eight, Ed! Can ye believe it?
*Captain Edward Hanes gasps*
Sanders: Yarrr! Keep it down, Ed! Thar be scallywags about! Their scallywag ears be listenin' for gasps like that one just escaped your lips!
Hanes: I'm sorry, Sanders. I've just never seen such a bounty. It took me by suprise.
Sanders: It be alright, Ed. Me booty be locked away good in that thar chest. No fool will ever have Cap'n Sanders's treasure! Let's go get another drink. The spirit be runnin' low.