Mount Hyjal/Firelands quest chain?

Fen
Realm: Turalyon (Eu)

Mount Hyjal/Firelands quest chain?

Unread post by Fen »

I quit wow a while back BUT have since returned i'm after taming Skarr and the 2 spirit beasts BUT i've done virtually no questing in mount hyjal so the question is.

Do i need to complete the Mount Hyjal zone to be able to see firelands and tame these new additions to my awesome stable and if so is there certain quests i need to look out for?
Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Re: Mount Hyjal/Firelands quest chain?

Unread post by Lisaara »

You need to complete a good portion of it. Essentially helping the three major areas(Aessina, the harpie one, and Goldrinn). After the big ceremony, you're good.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

You need to complete both a portion of the initial low-level quests in the zone, and some of the level 85 quests in order to be in the right phase. I'm not sure exactly what quests have to be done, but one source I read said they were phased in after completing Calling for Reinforcements.
Sarayana
Realm: Ysera-US, Nesingwary-US

Unread post by Sarayana »

Basically you have to quest until you unlock The Regrowth on your map. You know you're there (aside from looking at your map) when you see Tortolla with a gigantic ! over his (her?) head, facing East. You'll have to free the ancients--Tortolla, Aessina, Goldrinn and uhm... one more I think?

Once you're 85 and want to hit the Molten Front (not Firelands, that's the raid) you go to The Regrowth and start questing. It takes about an hour at most, you have to do three dailies to get enough tokens to unlock the portal. Once you go inside and help defeat the big fire elemental, you'll have unlocked the first vendor (who has a nice 365 agility ring) and can roam around and look for rares. :)

Good luck!

Much gratitude to Spiritbinder for the signature and Vephriel for the avatar! <3

Fen
Realm: Turalyon (Eu)

Unread post by Fen »

Once the portal is unlocked does it remain unlocked or will i then have to do the three dailies eveytime i want to pop in??
Boven
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn

Unread post by Boven »

Once the portal to MF is unlocked, it stays that way. You'll probably still want to do the three dailies outside because doing them means more tokens. You're gonna need a lot of tokens to unlock more stuff in the Molten Front. Once you've unlocked the portal to the Front, Matoclaw will have a couple non-daily quests for you which each require 150 (I think) tokens. Each of those, when completed, will unlock more stuff inside MF, including a few quests that'll require 125 tokens.

As you finish the non-dailies, you'll get more daily quests available. I recently started doing MF dailies again on my rogue so that I could get the engineering scope patterns. I've still got some stuff to unlock in there, but I'm getting something like 30'ish tokens a day for doing all the dailies inside and outside MF. They take less than an hour.
Magli
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Moonrunner

Unread post by Magli »

With the exception of crafting plans, though, there's not much need to unlock all the vendors inside Molten Front these days. The items they give are ilevel 365, which means that by the time you've done the weeks of dailies required to unlock them you'll already have better stuff from the 4.3 dungeons.

Thanks to Kurenio for the signature!

It was believed afterward that the man was a lunatic, because there was no sense in what he said.

GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

Magli wrote:With the exception of crafting plans, though, there's not much need to unlock all the vendors inside Molten Front these days. The items they give are ilevel 365, which means that by the time you've done the weeks of dailies required to unlock them you'll already have better stuff from the 4.3 dungeons.
Don't forget the mini-pets and the Mushroom Chair! :)