I was goofing around with a druid friend on live, and he was joking about how my cat will never look as cool as his (lies, because my red cat is the bomb). He's a Night Elf with the white color cat, and I was talking with him on how druids COULD be tamed by hunters via pvp mechanics. Here's a few scenarios we came up with;
Scenario 1 - Druid spell: Feral Companion
Summons a spirit beast that aids you in combat for 10 seconds.
This way, it'd summon either Bear, Cat, or Bird form, and have it attack the player. The form would be the same as the druid's color scheme, so a Tauren whose cat form is the Mufasa color scheme would summon a Mufasa cat. Being that it lasts ten seconds, you'd have to tame RIGHT as the thing spawned, as our cast is roughly 8 seconds with only haste coming from our gear of an average ilvl of 383.
Scenario 2 - Tame Beast any time
1. Worgen Bear Druid comes up to you, gets frozen by your trap
2. He's too dumb to break out of the trap, so you use your Tame Beast. Cast duration is doubled against players.
3. Tame Beast Ends, knocks druid back and kicks him out of beast form while the beast form stands there, tamed as your pet. Pet is stunned for 10 seconds.
4. Druid is unable to shapeshift into that form for 10 seconds (same timer as pet)
This leads to a fun pvp mechanic that requires luck (or coordination from your friend) to do. The pet would be a spirit beast (preferably), or it would simply be a Cat, Bear, or Bird of Prey (yes, Troll flight would also be a Bird of Prey).
Scenario 3 - Scare Beast
1. Troll Cat rushing at you
2. cast Scare Beast on him, he's running scared
3. Cast Tame Beast while druid is feared.
4. Druid can shapeshift out of it, but the spirit of his form remains, being tamed. Spirit despawns if Scare Beast ends before tame.
This one doesn't make as much sense, but we played it off as a joke.
So, I came to get others' opinions on these ideas. Would throw it in Pet Discussion, but since it's not about existing pets, I don't think it'd fly well there. My personal choice is 2, cause I've done that to people several times (trapping a druid, and they get knocked off of something by a shaman or boomkin)
WoW, where is my KAMEN RIDER BEETLE LARVA PET?