The fate of Farmer Yoon

Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Dethecus

Re: The fate of Farmer Yoon

Unread post by Kalliope »

Quivering wrote:I didnt realize you had done this. I copied over a toon that is Honored to see and she didn't offer me the quest either. I think Exalted is fairly safe bet.
Thank you, Quiv! So if someone's got a revered character to copy to the PTR, we can confirm once and for all that this is how it is.

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Danielfboone
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Draka

Unread post by Danielfboone »

Kalliope wrote:Oh, that's good! I'm glad he got a promotion. :) Very sweet of Nana too! :D
He gets the promotion because he has shown that he has mastered the art of delegating work and responsibilty by just standing around and telling you what to plant and who to fight or talk to in the whole march to getting exalted and being accepted by the Tillers. You did the work, he reaps the rewards. He's a born leader. :D

All the other tillers still work their farms but not good old Yoon. He never did. :D
Kalliope

Danielfboone wrote:
Kalliope wrote:Oh, that's good! I'm glad he got a promotion. :) Very sweet of Nana too! :D
He gets the promotion because he has shown that he has mastered the art of delegating work and responsibilty by just standing around and telling you what to plant and who to fight or talk to in the whole march to getting exalted and being accepted by the Tillers. You did the work, he reaps the rewards. He's a born leader. :D

All the other tillers still work their farms but not good old Yoon. He never did. :D
Indeed! :mrgreen:

At least he gave us the farm entirely; he could have just said "Hey, you work for me now" - which of course would have been silly, since that's basically all we were doing before anyway!

YouTube Edition

Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Kalliope wrote:
Quivering wrote:I didnt realize you had done this. I copied over a toon that is Honored to see and she didn't offer me the quest either. I think Exalted is fairly safe bet.
Thank you, Quiv! So if someone's got a revered character to copy to the PTR, we can confirm once and for all that this is how it is.
Sweetness!

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I like this much better than the original idea they put forward, which was buying the farm. Especially since the only reason it exists is the player's hard work :P

One other way I thought they could have gone would be for Yoon to promote you to farm manager and have you hire underlings to do all the plantings from then on. So you'd look at the day's work orders and speak to your farm hand(s) and tell them what to plant. Still requires work, but different work to before. Ah well.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Kalliope

Wain wrote:One other way I thought they could have gone would be for Yoon to promote you to farm manager and have you hire underlings to do all the plantings from then on. So you'd look at the day's work orders and speak to your farm hand(s) and tell them what to plant. Still requires work, but different work to before. Ah well.
100% agreed, Wain, especially since having your buddies working on your farm doesn't actually do anything at the moment.

Plus, it does feel a little weird that he gave up his family heritage so easily, especially since (as someone already pointed out) the other members of the Tillers Union still work their own farms. Even if Farmer Yoon spends all of his time on special projects, he could still check in on his property....just letting us live there.

YouTube Edition

Akyo
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Altar of storms

Unread post by Akyo »

HE gets promoted?! But I did all the work!! D8
lol
anyway. glad i get it for free and like many others it only makes sence that you will have to be exalted to get it.

While this feature of the Grimtotem Spirit Guide wasn't exactly intended... - it will still be possible in future for everyone who wishes to tame this NPC to do so
Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

Unread post by Sukurachi »

Farmer Yoon will eventually become Warchief Yoon the Merciless of the Tillers... it will become a complete faction unto itself, hostile to all, Alliance and Horde. They will eventually change their names to "The Dirt People" and there will be a 40-man raid set up as a farming tournament where the largest radishes win.

True, I swear.

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

Kalliope

Sukurachi wrote:Farmer Yoon will eventually become Warchief Yoon the Merciless of the Tillers... it will become a complete faction unto itself, hostile to all, Alliance and Horde. They will eventually change their names to "The Dirt People" and there will be a 40-man raid set up as a farming tournament where the largest radishes win.

True, I swear.
And the end boss is Cabbage Yogg-Saron? :D

YouTube Edition

Boven
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn

Unread post by Boven »

It could be that while not tied directly to Tillers faction, it could be connected to one or more events or quests that you only get once you're exalted. The quest to bring a best friend to help out on the farm comes to mind. You get that at exalted and finishing it could unlock Soon giving you the farm. While that'd mean that you don't, technically, have to be exalted, you still kinda sorta do.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

Kalliope wrote:
Sukurachi wrote:Farmer Yoon will eventually become Warchief Yoon the Merciless of the Tillers... it will become a complete faction unto itself, hostile to all, Alliance and Horde. They will eventually change their names to "The Dirt People" and there will be a 40-man raid set up as a farming tournament where the largest radishes win.

True, I swear.
haha that would be amazing

Danielfboone
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

LOL it could also be a boss version of the Terrible Turnip.
Wadington
Realm: Nathrezim

Unread post by Wadington »

Quivering wrote:
Kalliope wrote:

True, I swear.
haha that would be amazing

That looks like it could be an amazing raid and would be awesome if was actually put in.
Sig and avatar made by Kurenio
Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

Oh I'm so excited to have my own "home" in wow. I was such a nerd when i got the little house there all furnished...parking my pet outsided under the house and pretending it was my house when I logged off hehehe!

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

I just wish they'd fix the whole changing specs removes your plots until you leave and come back bug.

That annoys the crap out of me when I switch to Windwalker on my monk to take out the virmen/birds.
Danielfboone
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Well I'm working on the individual reps now which I never paid much attention to before. I'm best friends with Gina, Farmer Fung, and the alcoholic Jinyu so far and close on a couple of others. I'm doing it by only doing the dailies for the ones I need rep with and by riding around in the Heartland area gathering Deep Soils. I can always find at least 10 soils in an hour of searching.
Sethalaen
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Sethalaen »

That's awesome! It would be wonderful for Seth to have his own little home....even if technically it belongs to a lot of people.
Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

Unread post by Sukurachi »

It would seem that all you require for the quest to get the farm is exalted with Tillers, and all 16 plots of land opened up.

Speak to the old lady Panda in the building up the hill from the Inn.
She asks you to invite Yoon to be on the committee or whatever, then you speak to Yoon, then return to her.

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

Zhinru
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Unread post by Zhinru »

(Maybe we can move this to live section?)

I think I found out what was Yoon up to. I mean, as soon as we own the farm we get those work orders. That explains so much. Why did you think Yoon was giving you those dailies to plant some random veggie? He was fulfilling those work orders. With our hands! When he got all his reps to max, he's suddenly willing to give us the farm!
Sethalaen
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Sethalaen »

Zhinru wrote:(Maybe we can move this to live section?)

I think I found out what was Yoon up to. I mean, as soon as we own the farm we get those work orders. That explains so much. Why did you think Yoon was giving you those dailies to plant some random veggie? He was fulfilling those work orders. With our hands! When he got all his reps to max, he's suddenly willing to give us the farm!
:shock: That makes so much sense! :lol: