the hc scenarios..

Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Re: the hc scenarios..

Unread post by Maizou »

Zhinru wrote:
Myzou wrote:I just don't see why they didn't just add a warning pop-up if you're alone and queue.

Like "Heroic Scenarios are tuned for an organized group. By grouping with two strangers, you have a high risk of failing the heroic scenario and only having the run count as a regular scenario."
Because 90% of people would just click it off without reading and then complain they weren't able to complete the scenario. Yes, they could respond to that on forums explaining what the person in question did wrong, but that kind of "damage control" is in general not very effective. It's better to make the unintended behavior harder to limit the amount of people who face the unfavorable condition.
Then that's their fault. Not giving us the option is Blizzard's fault.

They didn't put warnings on the raid when the leader changed it to heroic difficulty in past expansions. People still complained.
Zhinru
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Unread post by Zhinru »

Myzou wrote:Then that's their fault. Not giving us the option is Blizzard's fault.
It's not about fault, it's damage control. People are not going to complete those with randoms 90% of the time. If it actually takes effort to assemble a random group for those, most people will avoid it, and that's the intention.
Kaiarra
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Kaiarra »

Zhinru wrote:
Myzou wrote:Then that's their fault. Not giving us the option is Blizzard's fault.
It's not about fault, it's damage control. People are not going to complete those with randoms 90% of the time. If it actually takes effort to assemble a random group for those, most people will avoid it, and that's the intention.
Indeed. Even if there was a random HC scenario solo queue, I... wouldn't go near it with a barge pole.

It's either take 2 decent friends, or I don't even consider it. Even running 3 decent melee players is hellish, let alone adding in PuGs.

I don't understand why people even want a random queue, it's not like a 5-man where you can plough through doing 50-60% of the overall damage carrying - if people fail the mechanics or stand in the crap they or you die. Random queue would be a nightmare cause most the decent players would avoid it and still go with their friends (as you only need 2, I might not always have 5 in my 10-man guild for LFD but I can defintely get 2).

You'd be put in with those guys doing 30k dps at 500 item level, who stand in everything and never interrupt from LFD... so how much do you want to wipe?

Personally loving it, disappointed there are only 6 yes, but they're an amazing way to zerg the valor cap with a couple of friends at the start of the week. Can now totally avoid pugging scenarios and LFD. :)

Edit: thinking about that it's going to make gearing up alts in LFD hellish unless I can drag along some guildies - HC scenarios are a far superior way to cap valor with decent gear, so we've lost some of the well geared guys who whould have been doing LFD for valor. :(
Sar
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Unread post by Sar »

They're not that hard. Hell I solo'd Xorenth (on my Pally) when my two guildies died within 30 seconds. It's normally the mechanics that will kill you in these, not the mob damage. If you're even half awake they're pretty easy.
Social Media: YouTube | Twitter | Nerd Rooted
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

All this has done is caused MASSIVE spam in Trade chat.

Literally. You say one thing in trade chat and it's gone in 2 seconds from "LF2M FOR HEROIC SC" Etc.

Yea. That's totally not any different than queueing.
Slickrock
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter

Unread post by Slickrock »

Yeah, might cause a drop off in quality on LFR runs, but that was starting to happen already, but it won't be too bad as long as people are doing the legendary quests. I do fear what it might be like when my lock gets there.
Account has been closed at user's request.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

i just learned that the story linie scenarios has a normal version

not feeling dumb... at all

just ALOT :O then its fine..

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

Myzou wrote:All this has done is caused MASSIVE spam in Trade chat.

Literally. You say one thing in trade chat and it's gone in 2 seconds from "LF2M FOR HEROIC SC" Etc.

Yea. That's totally not any different than queueing.
Aaah welcome to the world before Dungeon Finder! :P

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

Ceravan
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Anvilmar (alliance), Nesingwary (horde)

Unread post by Ceravan »

Personally only did one, and still enjoyed it. min ilvl is 480, mine is only about 479 ish in tank gear, which I had to tank it, few deaths, but with friends/guildies, it's all in good fun. And ended up gettin a nice shiney 516 tank chest out of the deal, so no biggy