Hello Wyrmrest Accord!

Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Hello Wyrmrest Accord!

Unread post by Vephriel »

So, I've been spending most of my time on an RP character lately. I avoided WoW RP for years out of shyness towards it and a lack of experience (I used to roleplay on message boards back in the day. I just felt like it would have been too much of a change to attempt the sort of quick improv-style roleplaying in game rather than the long paragraph stories I was used to). Anyways, long story short I finally decided to jump in with a guild run by a tumblr friend of mine, and I've been having a blast!

All of that led to me contemplating a realm transfer lately. I'm really fond of roleplaying realms now just for that added factor, and Nesingwary (as fond as I am of it) has been pretty dead to me. My raiding guild dried up after the GM and his wife had children, and with the addition of cross-realm there hasn't been any big factor connecting me to that server anymore.

Now, my RP guild is on Emerald Dream, but I know I didn't want to move there permanently with my main since it's also a PvP realm, and even though I've been having fun with that on my alt, I wouldn't want it for everyday things. So that got me thinking of Wyrmrest Accord since I already have a few friends and acquaintances there, plus back in the day I had a few alts of my own on it. I was always fond of it.

So after some contemplating I decided to make WrA my new home. It's all pretty exciting, I haven't seriously switched servers in years. I just wanted to say hi to any of you who were there!
Makoes
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Re: Hello Wyrmrest Accord!

Unread post by Makoes »

Welcome to WrA :D
I love the server myself, and go on there from time to time to RP (though I am pretty shy so finding something to join takes me awhile...)

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

I've already said hello, but I'll say it again! Wyrmrest is a good server with a lot of good people on it- my great experiences with strangers far outweigh any gross ones. I'm not massively in touch with the RP scene anymore, but I try to keep an eye on the big guild names.

Also, you're probably aware due to your time on Emerald Dream, but don't sell random low level greens- see what they go for on AH! You can get a good 50g per item and a fair number of pieces often sell for 200g+. I love RP server armor prices, when I'm not the one buying. ^.^;;

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Rawr
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Rawr »

One of us, one of us, one of us.....wait what? :lol: Glad to have you come over to the RP side, WrA is great fun :headbang: :mrgreen:

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Too bad you didn't come to Moon Guard. We're all sorts of funsies. I honestly had lots of bad experiences on WrA(Horde side mainly and in dungeons). It keeps me from going there. I have lowbies there but after how I got treated, I'm too scared to go on them anymore. Hopefully your experience is better than mine was.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Junrei wrote:Too bad you didn't come to Moon Guard. We're all sorts of funsies. I honestly had lots of bad experiences on WrA(Horde side mainly and in dungeons). It keeps me from going there. I have lowbies there but after how I got treated, I'm too scared to go on them anymore. Hopefully your experience is better than mine was.
Heh, it was the opposite for me. WrA has been one of my favourite alt realms over the years, while Moon Guard wasn't to my tastes at all.

And yes Lupis, transmog gear is an excellent money maker! :D I did well enough on a regular realm by selling it, and RP realms are even better. (though yes it is unfortunately when you're on the buying end :lol:)
Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

Welcome to WRA! I know exactly bupkis about redside (my horde alt is in a vanity guild called <And Two AFK Hunters> which ought to tell you how serious it is) but if you're ever on blueside, say hi to anyone in Greenhearth Society, no one bites. ...well, except Dorien, watch out, he'll give you ginger cooties...

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Vephriel wrote:
Junrei wrote:Too bad you didn't come to Moon Guard. We're all sorts of funsies. I honestly had lots of bad experiences on WrA(Horde side mainly and in dungeons). It keeps me from going there. I have lowbies there but after how I got treated, I'm too scared to go on them anymore. Hopefully your experience is better than mine was.
Heh, it was the opposite for me. WrA has been one of my favourite alt realms over the years, while Moon Guard wasn't to my tastes at all.

And yes Lupis, transmog gear is an excellent money maker! :D I did well enough on a regular realm by selling it, and RP realms are even better. (though yes it is unfortunately when you're on the buying end :lol:)
MG is lots of fun long as you ignore Goldshire. WrA, the moment anyone found out my mains were on MG, I got bullied and ridiculed, even Gkicked once. Got told I wasn't a real rper cause I had toons on MG too even though MG has lots of serious RP. It was just...awful. It put me in tears. It'd take a bit of coaxing if I were to ever level anything over there again. I hope you never go through any of that, or anyone does for that matter. Maybe I just got very unlucky.

RP realms are fabulous to sell mogs. XD

I poke around other realms too since MG is full with 11 characters. XD Got Icecrown, Malygos, now Aman'thul.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Aleu
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord.

Unread post by Aleu »

-quietly shuffles in and waves- WRA is all sorts of funsies should you find the right group to hang around with. Feel free to hit me up on my main toon (Lunania) should you need anything. \o/

NEW SIGNATURE PENDING... SOON.
{Flight Rising}

Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

I'm also WrA, horde side. Main toon is Wyliera. I love RPing, I've just been having a rough time getting into the RP crowd and working out my character. But feel free to say hi to me if you'd like.

I need to start a char on both ED and MG though, see what they're like.
SylviaDragon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Drenden/illidan

Unread post by SylviaDragon »

Good choice. I used to to play on WrA quite a bit back in the day when a friend transferred over. Never got out of my shell enough to roll-play but I always saw lots of fun little events going on in the world. On my first day there a bunch of peons went on strike and stormed Org demanding better pay and more naps. :lol:

Snope
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Area 52 (Horde), Wyrmrest Accord (Both)

Unread post by Snope »

...Dammit, I'm Alliance on Wyrmrest Accord.
Divixon
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Frostmourne Alliance

Unread post by Divixon »

avoid moonglade at all costs for rp. its literaly a madhouse. my gay friend told me alot about it and it all was so nasty lol..