Hunter trap change?

Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

Hunter trap change?

Unread post by Sukurachi »

So in order to reduce button bloat, Blizzard has removed a bunch of abilities.

in the process of removing button bloat, however, it would seem someone neglected to mention that removing a single "traps" button would create NEW button bloat.

I can't find anything in my spell book, other than the traps themselves. there's no pull-down menu item you can add to your action bar with all of your traps on it (well, "all"... two of them for BM).

Again, am I missing something? is there another menu somewhere else that has the items I'm looking for?

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Burning Blade, Frostwolf, Proudmoore

Re: Hunter trap change?

Unread post by Lupen202 »

I was just talking about this with my friend, it's so ridiculous how they want to clean up our action bars and cut down on button bloat but they remove the single trap button, and they also removed the aspects bar too.

Sucks..

Neiara - NE Hunter - Burning Blade (US) - Denial of Service

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

Shinryu Masaki
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Shinryu Masaki »

Then again, traps are reduced to 3 only (Freezing, Ice, Explosive), so it's not that bad. If you want Snake back you have to glyph for it, and it replaces Ice if I'm not mistaken.
ImageImage
Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

Unread post by Sukurachi »

but three traps is still two more actionbar slots than before.

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

One thing (coming from the Beta/Ptr) regarding traps, is that they used to shoot a LOT faster (Travel time) compared to the now live version. I'm not sure why it was changed, but today they seems to traveling excessively slow compared to the Beta/Ptr that I was already used to, though they do trigger a lot faster once reaching their destination compared to prior. I was really OK with the removal of Scatter Shot due to this faster/insta trap launcher, but now it's live, it feel much slower. In PVP or fast moving Mob, they can still side step out of the way or run past the landing point after you have launched the trap and it's in in the air due to the travel speed :|

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Divixon
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Frostmourne Alliance

Unread post by Divixon »

wish blizz would make an option like they did with new models.. i liked the stance more then having it on my action bars
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

Lupen202 wrote:I was just talking about this with my friend, it's so ridiculous how they want to clean up our action bars and cut down on button bloat but they remove the single trap button, and they also removed the aspects bar too.

Sucks..
there are only 3 aspects now also...

im relearning all my kill orders.. its blergh

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Ner'zhul (US)

Unread post by Xota »

I had all my traps out on my action bar anyways, with hotkeys. Clicking flyout bars just doesn't work in pvp, or a lot of pve situations either. I guess it wouldn't be so bad for everyone else if you could build your own flyout button using a macro command.
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Xota wrote:I had all my traps out on my action bar anyways, with hotkeys. Clicking flyout bars just doesn't work in pvp, or a lot of pve situations either. I guess it wouldn't be so bad for everyone else if you could build your own flyout button using a macro command.
Mm, same here. The extra click it took to have them fly out wasn't worth it in most cases so I had a little action bar near the aspects with all of my trap buttons laid out on it. Still, I find it odd they wouldn't keep the option there.