Hunter help

Shaiandra
Realm: US WrA [A/H]

Hunter help

Unread post by Shaiandra »

I’m not a very technical minded person. When I first was taught how to be a hunter I mimicked the spel design my teacher had, this spell under that number and these pressed in this sequence. Then MoP happened and the crazy prelaunch for it all. At the end of MoP I decided I wanted to at last devote to my favorite spec, beast mastery. That was all fine and good, but looking at all the information sites leaves me confused. Frankly I wanna explanation of rotation that is easy to copy and put on my task bar. Thats my skill, thats what I’m good at, along with keeping my feet as clean as possible.

I have a 534ilvl, I do, 12 to 15k dps burst on multipul targets, but 9 to 10k single target. Is this normal for my gear score?

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/a ... a/advanced

Thats my hunter. I want to do better and I thought it best to come here and ask instead of pounding my head on my desk till I bleed to death trying to do it alone. I could do with ingame help, but thats cuz chatting voice to voice is much easier. Basically a mentor would be nice, at least then I could go run to said person and just not have to muddle about on pins and needles. I know when I could use a second opinion and though I don’t like sounding dumb, I guess my poor pride can take a beating lol.

So, this is my begging to be helped! No, I won't grovel xD

To skies unflown,
To waters unexplored,
To paths not yet walked,
To creatures who have yet to run beside me,
I say to you, this challenge you give, I accept and conquer.

SylviaDragon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Drenden/illidan

Re: Hunter help

Unread post by SylviaDragon »

I can understand your confusion. it’s taken me a bit longer to find my feet after the latest changes to hunters. All these new stats make my head hurt. First off I will get the bad news out of the way. BM is showing up as the lowest DPS spec right now for hunters on single target fights and are in the middle when it comes to aoe. At the moment Surv is king. So don’t be surprised if you lag behind a bit.

I am not seeing too many Bm hunters to compare your dps to but your dps sounds like it is on the right track but can be improved. I recommend at least running highmaul LFR. its stupid easy and gives 640 gear.

TLDR: version
Posthaste, spirit bond, dire beast, murder of crows, adaptation.
Glyphs: deterrence, spirit bond, liberation
Stats: multistrike
Spam KC and arcane shot.

talents: BM talents are really weird right now. You do NOT want to use stampede since Blizz nerfed it into the ground. Even blink strike is quite lacking. Murder of Crows is the way to go for all specs. Great dps, gives you a much needed dot now that we don't have SS and it will reset if it was still ticking when the target died so if you use it right you can spam it on several targets.

I recommend posthaste for most situations. That extra speed often saves me from a gruesome death. I use it on a lot of boss fights and it is so helpful in raids. Crouching tiger hidden chimera is also pretty good but I still favor speed over it. Narrow escape is more for Pvp.

Iron hawk is usually the crowd favorite. Healers like players that take 10% less damage so if you’re doing something where you are teamed up with healers, that’s a good way to go. If you are doing more things solo or out of range of heals then spirit bond is amazing. Use your own judgment to decide when you need to swap between the two.

Dire beast will give you the most damage but the focus it gives has been nerfed. If you constantly find yourself focus starved you can trade it in for steady focus, but dire beast is your main goal.

The choice of glaive toss and barrage is more about personal playstyle and haste. Barrage hits harder on both single and multi-targets but it cost way more focus (60) and if not used right it can pull extra mobs.(or you have to cut it out of your rotation to prevent pulling) if you are worried about this or you are focus starved, stick with glaive toss. If not, barrage will do more damage. Don’t be afraid to switch between the two depending on the situation.

Also… Adaptation. Of course.

Glyphs:
Glyph of deterrence, animal bond and liberation. For soloing replace deterrence and liberation with glyph of mending and misdirection.

Rotation wise, use Kill command whenever it is up and just spam arcane shot and steady shot while you wait. Always use murder of crows as soon as you can. Use the rest of your cool downs like dire beast and glaive toss/barrage when they are off cool down. (murder of crows>Barrage>Kill command)
Pop direbeast before BW if it is up. Open will a kill command then spam arcane shot/ glaive toss. Ifyou have barrage use it about half way throught BW so it fnishes up just as your second KC is up.

Stats:
Agility. (I believe one point of agility gives you one point of attack power and one point of crit)
Aside from that you are mostly just stacking multistrike. Gems? Multistrike. Enchants? Multistrike. Scope? Yup. Multistrike. Mastery is also good. Secondary stats like haste and crit are nothing to complain about but versatility is the bane of your existence and you shall hate it.

A few simple macros:

Makes your spells auto target nearby mobs and/or activates on use trinkets. It also keeps your pet on the same target as you.

/targetenemy [noharm][dead]
/cast spellname
/petattack
/use trinketname

Casts MD on your focus target. If you don’t have one it casts it on your pet:

/cast [@focus, help] [@pet, nodead, exists] Misdirection

Casts spirit mend on you
/cast [target=yournamehere] Spirit Mend

Parting notes: having a pet that gives the crit buff and has a b rez is really important. You should have one on you at all times. Shale spider seems to be the best tanking pet right now.
hope i was of some help- i know I tend to run on and on. >.<
Also this site is good. http://www.noxxic.com/wow/pve/hunter/beast-mastery

Shaiandra

SylviaDragon wrote:I can understand your confusion. it’s taken me a bit longer to find my feet after the latest changes to hunters. All these new stats make my head hurt. First off I will get the bad news out of the way. BM is showing up as the lowest DPS spec right now for hunters on single target fights and are in the middle when it comes to aoe. At the moment Surv is king. So don’t be surprised if you lag behind a bit.

I am not seeing too many Bm hunters to compare your dps to but your dps sounds like it is on the right track but can be improved. I recommend at least running highmaul LFR. its stupid easy and gives 640 gear.

TLDR: version
Posthaste, spirit bond, dire beast, murder of crows, adaptation.
Glyphs: deterrence, spirit bond, liberation
Stats: multistrike
Spam KC and arcane shot.

talents: BM talents are really weird right now. You do NOT want to use stampede since Blizz nerfed it into the ground. Even blink strike is quite lacking. Murder of Crows is the way to go for all specs. Great dps, gives you a much needed dot now that we don't have SS and it will reset if it was still ticking when the target died so if you use it right you can spam it on several targets.

That is what I am doing wrong, I've got stampede... I'll switch immediately since I've always loved IT more than anything else anyways.

I recommend posthaste for most situations. That extra speed often saves me from a gruesome death. I use it on a lot of boss fights and it is so helpful in raids. Crouching tiger hidden chimera is also pretty good but I still favor speed over it. Narrow escape is more for Pvp.

Iron hawk is usually the crowd favorite. Healers like players that take 10% less damage so if you’re doing something where you are teamed up with healers, that’s a good way to go. If you are doing more things solo or out of range of heals then spirit bond is amazing. Use your own judgment to decide when you need to swap between the two.

I use spritbond solo, iron hawk in raids, seemed like a no brainer to me so its good I got that right.

Dire beast will give you the most damage but the focus it gives has been nerfed. If you constantly find yourself focus starved you can trade it in for steady focus, but dire beast is your main goal.

The choice of glaive toss and barrage is more about personal playstyle and haste. Barrage hits harder on both single and multi-targets but it cost way more focus (60) and if not used right it can pull extra mobs.(or you have to cut it out of your rotation to prevent pulling) if you are worried about this or you are focus starved, stick with glaive toss. If not, barrage will do more damage. Don’t be afraid to switch between the two depending on the situation.

I tend to switch these out depending on what I do, but I like barrage more than glaive toss, I don't seem to have a focus problem :)

Also… Adaptation. Of course.

Again, this seems a no brainer to me so I'm glad my instincts are correct.

Glyphs:
Glyph of deterrence, animal bond and liberation. For soloing replace deterrence and liberation with glyph of mending and misdirection.

I didn't think to switch my glyphs, I've always stuck with the ones I've got, I'll switch them more often now.

Rotation wise, use Kill command whenever it is up and just spam arcane shot and steady shot while you wait. Always use murder of crows as soon as you can. Use the rest of your cool downs like dire beast and glaive toss/barrage when they are off cool down. (murder of crows>Barrage>Kill command)
Pop direbeast before BW if it is up. Open will a kill command then spam arcane shot/ glaive toss. Ifyou have barrage use it about half way throught BW so it fnishes up just as your second KC is up.

Stats:
Agility. (I believe one point of agility gives you one point of attack power and one point of crit)
Aside from that you are mostly just stacking multistrike. Gems? Multistrike. Enchants? Multistrike. Scope? Yup. Multistrike. Mastery is also good. Secondary stats like haste and crit are nothing to complain about but versatility is the bane of your existence and you shall hate it.

A few simple macros:

Makes your spells auto target nearby mobs and/or activates on use trinkets. It also keeps your pet on the same target as you.

/targetenemy [noharm][dead]
/cast spellname
/petattack
/use trinketname

Casts MD on your focus target. If you don’t have one it casts it on your pet:

/cast [@focus, help] [@pet, nodead, exists] Misdirection

Casts spirit mend on you
/cast [target=yournamehere] Spirit Mend

Parting notes: having a pet that gives the crit buff and has a b rez is really important. You should have one on you at all times. Shale spider seems to be the best tanking pet right now.

I like the scarab beetle, I've never had a problem with it at all and its shell ability (halves damage when at half hp) cannot be beat. Turtles do it too, but no one uses beetles so I like being original. Some of the people I play with also have aversion to bugs so, its fun to hear them cringe and squirm xD

hope i was of some help- i know I tend to run on and on. >.<
Also this site is good. http://www.noxxic.com/wow/pve/hunter/beast-mastery
Oh yes, this is a lot of help, those macros will be interesting too!

To skies unflown,
To waters unexplored,
To paths not yet walked,

SylviaDragon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Drenden/illidan

Unread post by SylviaDragon »

Glad i was of some help them! ^.^ And a beetle works just fine. I ran with a color changer myself until he broke. =/ I just say Shale spider since it has the same shell ability plus it gives blessing of kings so you get more bang for your buck. its nice but unless you really need to min/max, any pet with a shell shield works great.

Shaiandra

This is true! A buff is quite handy, I'll have to think on it, though considering how relieved some of my friends would be I think I wanna keep her around just to torture them. I usually bring my worm into raids cuz he buffs nice (The jormunger type out in the horde starting area in draenor) I just adore his cute mohawk and how cute his face is. And then of course, my black widow like spider, so many good bugs in the game. I can't stand wasp types just cuz they are so dreadfully noisy.

To skies unflown,
To waters unexplored,
To paths not yet walked,