The WOD Launch: What Went Wrong and Garrison Stuff

AdamSavage
Illustrious Master Hunter

Re: The WOD Launch: What Went Wrong ?

Unread post by AdamSavage »

Speaking of Leorajh, how do you get him again on a Alt ? The achievement that I had to do, to get him was account wide. However, it seems I still have to go through the entire quest chain to get him.
I believe if you can believe out of nothing an explosion (big bang) happened then how far fetched can god be?

Dr. Who Video!

Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Nah. Leorajh is in a cave. I didn't need an achievement to get him. I just found him in Spires.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

AdamSavage

Unread post by AdamSavage »

I remember now. I'm probably thinking of Talonpriest Ishaal
I believe if you can believe out of nothing an explosion (big bang) happened then how far fetched can god be?

Dr. Who Video!

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Yeah, Ishaal you need to finish Spires to get him.

LisaaraPokefarm

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Since we're talking about garrisons, this was on mmo champ today:

Q: Would have been awesome if it was account wide.. now it feels more like a pain to gather all recources and level all the followers.. again.. and again.. and...

A: We're looking into ways to make Garrisons a bit more friendly in future patches for those of you who enjoy alts. We see that Garrisons are a bit too much for you guys right now.

LisaaraPokefarm

Danielfboone
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Draka

Unread post by Danielfboone »

My Alliance Garrison has the Barracks, LW shack, Inn, Stable, Storehouse, Barn, and Salvage Yard. The Horde one has Barracks, Enchanting, Tailoring, Tavern, Trading Post, War Mill, and Salvage yard. Neither one has the Pet Menagerie and I wish I could completely eliminate the plot since my highest level pet is only 6. The Horde one does not have the Fishing Shack unlocked yet.

I don't feel there are any required ones other than the professions. I picked the ones that would help my professions and the others were just what seemed like the most convenient or fun. The Stable was a must have. Both garrisons have the Barracks which I feel should be there just because.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

Danielfboone wrote: Neither one has the Pet Menagerie and I wish I could completely eliminate the plot since my highest level pet is only 6.
uhh i hate the menagerie.. ohh and the fishing achivement.. i hate fishing.. im just super glad they did not add an archeology building as a must have :shock:

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

I think I'd of liked a archeology building XD a museum or something would be neat.
Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

cowmuflage wrote:I think I'd of liked a archeology building XD a museum or something would be neat.
Me too - i quite like archy. Maybe an option in future to swap the pet thing with one or fishing shack? I'd love a resturant for cooking as well - where ppl could be invited to your garrison and eat things you can make, that would be awesome!

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

Danielfboone
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Draka

Unread post by Danielfboone »

Castile wrote:
cowmuflage wrote:I think I'd of liked a archeology building XD a museum or something would be neat.
Me too - i quite like archy. Maybe an option in future to swap the pet thing with one or fishing shack? I'd love a resturant for cooking as well - where ppl could be invited to your garrison and eat things you can make, that would be awesome!
Those would be interesting but I think the Garrison would have to be made bigger. Maybe another level?
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

You actually have an archeology building. It's in the town hall. Any pristine things you make, they get displayed in there.

LisaaraPokefarm

SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

Castile wrote:
Me too - i quite like archy. Maybe an option in future to swap the pet thing with one or fishing shack? I'd love a restaurant for cooking as well - where ppl could be invited to your garrison and eat things you can make, that would be awesome!

This would be terrific!! I like the idea of the profession only plots, but the one that I guess irks me the most is the Pet Menagerie. Mainly as it really is the only one that is a cosmetic/fun building (and to a lesser degree the fishing shack, though the fact it's on a lake would make it harder to swap in and out with something else maybe). As for all others they actually have an actual resource (Ore/Herbs/Fish/Meat) that can improve/effect your characters progress/professions

There is very little game impact apart from "Gotta catch them all" that the Pet Menagerie adds that I can see. That's not to say I don't like it, but I don't like it being forced on me when I don't really engage with much these days. Now if I could swap it out for an Archeology Sand Pit/Dig site, or a Restaurant, or Triage Tent... something like those that would add a lot more fun and options behind them, that would be stella! Though only as long as they just added fun/cosmetic stuff (akin to the same rewards you get from the Pet Menagerie) as well. :)

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Castile
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Castile »

I'd like an NPC that resembles Gordon Ramsay for my resturant who yells random stuff like "This meat is so rare it has an achievement!!!" and stuff like that. He could be a follower that you send on missions to get new receipes and "kitchen hands" for him to yell at :P

Shadowlands

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Castile wrote:I'd like an NPC that resembles Gordon Ramsay for my resturant who yells random stuff like "This meat is so rare it has an achievement!!!" and stuff like that. He could be a follower that you send on missions to get new receipes and "kitchen hands" for him to yell at :P
YES! This needs to happen!

And guys, like I said, we already have the Archeology building..it's part of the Town Hall. :P I can take a screenshot if you want.

LisaaraPokefarm

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

Re: The WOD Launch: What Went Wrong and Garrison Stuff

I'd rather have it be it's own building then just part of another one
Castile
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Castile »

cowmuflage wrote:I'd rather have it be it's own building then just part of another one
Yeah with SB's idea of a little dig pit and a different dig site spawns in it every day :D That would be cool! Harrison Jones could be your "dig master" and turn those items into crates etc. for you. Oh the possiblities ^.^

Shadowlands

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

I'm just pointing out it exists since one of the posts said they'd like there to be one at all when we do have a display room.

LisaaraPokefarm

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

Castile wrote:
cowmuflage wrote:I'd rather have it be it's own building then just part of another one
Yeah with SB's idea of a little dig pit and a different dig site spawns in it every day :D That would be cool! Harrison Jones could be your "dig master" and turn those items into crates etc. for you. Oh the possiblities ^.^
He could give you dailies too!
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Ugh no. No Harrison Jones. Hated that guy with a bloody passion.

LisaaraPokefarm

Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

Castile wrote:I'd like an NPC that resembles Gordon Ramsay for my resturant who yells random stuff like "This meat is so rare it has an achievement!!!" and stuff like that. He could be a follower that you send on missions to get new receipes and "kitchen hands" for him to yell at :P
even better

Make him a worgen. Have him show up in human form most of the time. But totally have him now and then in your garrison FLIP out and go wolfy on everyone