Dev Interview - Hellfire Citadel the Final Raid

Mozag
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Several on EU.

Re: Dev Interview - Hellfire Citadel the Final Raid

Unread post by Mozag »

Yes, I tend to agree with others here. I am in no hurry at all to get flying even when it does come out. It'll be fun riding around on the ground, using my beloved ground mounts, while others fly on above. When I get tired of the ground, I'll work on the achievement then.

This isn't my favourite expansion, mainly because I never had a burning desire to see Draenor, but I can't say I've run out of content at any stage. Sure, it's probably because I play a LOT of characters, and don't even have a main. I also often stop with my high levels and move on to potter about with lowbies, since leveling new characters is my favourite activity in WoW. Most of my characters can't even do Blackrock Foundry LFR yet. I haven't taken even half of them into Tanaan, only one of my characters has all their followers at 100 and they're certainly not geared enough to do high level missions. Nobody has managed to gather enough abrogator stones for the legendary quest - and most haven't even started the questline yet. I often feel like there's TOO much to do. I feel like I haven't even started to scratch the surface of this expansion and that while leveling through Draenor is fun (yes, even on the 21st time), it's not a very alt-friendly expansion because of the sheer amount there is to do even on one character. For the love of me I never could understand what people were doing sitting in their garrisons and complaining about having nothing to do. BUT, I am not complaining. I realise that most people do not juggle tens of high level characters and an army of lowbies - it's MY choice to play this way. I will miss out on current content, I accept that. I just don't know how even someone with one character could possibly have NOTHING to do in a game this vast.

I'm in no hurry for this expansion to end, although I will jump on the OH GOD SO EXCITED bandwagon when they do reveal information of what's coming next. Either way, I'm happy.
AdamSavage

Unread post by AdamSavage »

I still have my Warlock to start in Tanaan and my Spriest to max lvl then also Tanaan.
I believe if you can believe out of nothing an explosion (big bang) happened then how far fetched can god be?

Dr. Who Video!

Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

AdamSavage wrote:Strange. I thought more people would have it by now.. Maybe they are taking their time ?
Pretty much. The reps aren't going anywhere. I'm honored with all of them at the moment and lately, I haven't felt like playing.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

s1ncer1ty
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Feathermoon

Unread post by s1ncer1ty »

I'm not in a super-huge hurry to get the flying achievement out of the way. If 6.2 does turn out to be the last patch, how long would we be flying around in Draenor anyway before the next expansion hits and we're (presumably) grounded again? Not to say I'm not going to go for it -- there's a cute little mount involved that's colored very similarly to Experiment 12-B. But I've had other things to occupy my time than wrap up the achievement.

I feel like Draenor is a very steady expansion. Nothing earth-shattering, no real fireworks or things that blew my mind... but there's sufficient stuff to do, and most of the time, I'm enjoying it... though not necessarily losing my brain over it. :)
Nimrod
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: EU - Ghostlands

Unread post by Nimrod »

The feeling I get is that WoD is filler until the movie comes out.

Because honestly, that's all it's been. I mean, it's great levelling content and the content there is satisfies most people (except Ashran), but there's not a lot of it (seriously, 3 raids?).

SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

There has been fewer raid for sure, but Blizzard (whether it is yet to be seen now long WoD takes) has said they would rather have less time between expansions. They may still be trying to achieve this, but to do so it looks like they might have to have fewer patches/raids within.

Also I have a feeling blizcon will be disclosing quite a lot of new info coming for 7.0, so that too will also add to the "void" I guess one could say. The movie will come out well after that.

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

Whens Blizzcon?

I'm in no hurry to get flying I've got a paper starting next week so I'll be super busy for 4 days a week anyway.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Blizzcon is November. So still 4 months before (if) we find out info on the next xpac. Can't wait to find out what new beasties there will be ;)
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Nimrod
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: EU - Ghostlands

Unread post by Nimrod »

I want the ability to visit an NPC and buy a saddle that you can bind to a specific pet (only one saddle at a time) so you can use a pet as a mount.

Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

I finished my acheivement yesterday purely without knowing (i did a daily that apparently gave saber rep and that gave me my last revered) so I'm still baffled why ppl are "grinding" rep when I got mine just by doing dailies and nothing else. Oh well I guess I'm ready but not holding my breath for it either!

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Castile wrote:I finished my acheivement yesterday purely without knowing (i did a daily that apparently gave saber rep and that gave me my last revered) so I'm still baffled why ppl are "grinding" rep when I got mine just by doing dailies and nothing else. Oh well I guess I'm ready but not holding my breath for it either!
If you want to buy the expensive boar mount you'd still have to grind. really. Or wait till you've done that daily 50 times. That might be a while but it's possible ;)
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

Oh yeah I get you need to grind claws - was more talking just about the reps. Someone was asking in general how to grind Hand of the Prophet rep - like why would you want to? I'm over halfway through revered with just dailies. I guess ppl are in a hurry to get to exalted.

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

AdamSavage

Unread post by AdamSavage »

Tiny bit off topic, but I came across this thread on the Battle net Forums, and got a chuckle out of it: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/18300171826
I believe if you can believe out of nothing an explosion (big bang) happened then how far fetched can god be?

Dr. Who Video!