Add-on recommendation

Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

Add-on recommendation

Unread post by Sukurachi »

I don't know if this is considered acceptable to post, but here goes:

I'd like to highly recommend an add-on for those of us who have TONS of mounts and pets.

It's called "Livestock".

The creator of the add-on is very serious about taking users' requests into consideration and is relatively rapid in fixing any bugs.

What does Livestock do?

It allows you to select one or multiple mounts or pets very easily.

For mounts, a simple keybinding (I've always used the minus sign " - " as a mount keybinding) allows you to select a flying or a ground mount (with the use of modifier key you can force ground mount in a flying area, I think it's Ctrl).

It allows you to select specific mounts by region and sub-region. For example, in my Garrison I always use the Tol Barad Spectral Wolf mount, but while outside my Garrison questing around Draenor, I prefer to use my Blizzard Store Rylak mount (it matches my hunter pet).

When I'm in a party or dual-boxing, I prefer to use my multi-passenger mount. The add-on recognizes that you are in a party and rather than any of my single-player mounts, will specifically select my multi-player mount if I so choose.

I can also tell it to choose one of my aquatic or water-walking mounts when in or on water.

So by just hitting my single "mount" key, I automatically get a ground mount of my choice in Draenor zones, a flying mount when in Azeroth/Pandaria/Outland, a seahorse when in Vash'jir, and (by my choice) a Water Strider mount when on Timeless Isle.

So that's for mounts.

Now for pets:

It allows you to select one or multiple favourite pets, which you can select by creating a "button" (part of the add-on's UI. you drag the button out to anywhere on your screen where it is handy).

There are options to have it automatically pull out a battlepet the minute you move (ie: walk), to dismiss a pet when you stealth, or only do so when in PvP mode, etc... a bunch of options I don't really use.

But all in all, this is an awesome add-on, and I really couldn't see myself playing WoW without it.

So whichever official add-on site you go to, try looking for "Livestock". It's one very much worth having in your arsenal.

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.