Felbound Wolf?

Teigan
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Felbound Wolf?

Unread post by Teigan »

So, I decided to try getting the Felbound Wolf. I'm sure this is wolf is old news to everyone else, but, it seems pretty cool to me. However...is this even possible?! The mob that drops the item that makes it tameable completely destroys me. Granted, I'm not that good of a player and my item level is only 664 on the character I tried on, but I didn't even make a dent in her. The comments on Wowhead seem like they either contradict each other or are kinda complicated.
Dewclaw
Realm: Llane

Re: Felbound Wolf?

Unread post by Dewclaw »

I'm in the same boat as you, unfortunately. :(
Arthur
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Staghelm and Azuremyst

Unread post by Arthur »

The way I got mine was I found a group of hunters in the group finder tool, taking turns killing her and looting the item until everyone had one. It took a while, but it was worth it.

You could try something like that maybe?

Imagemounts - pets - armoryImage

"If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor."

peanutbuttercup
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by peanutbuttercup »

Either group up with other hunters (there's often groups on LFG, or you can make one) so you can ignore the mechanics, or learn the mechanics of the fight if you're determined to solo it. It's not really about ilvl but knowing how to use your entire toolkit - I recommend going BM with a tank spec spirit beast for heals. You need to keep your pet healed up, interrupt her heal, flare when she stealths, and do it all while constantly moving. I love soloing so I thought making this mob was a great idea for a challenge for those who like soloing while still giving non-soloers the option of grouping up to take it down.
Makoes
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

If you just keep a flare on her at all time (flare lasts awhile) just re-pop on CD. Interrupt her heal, and tranq off her "buff". and should be able to get her down rather easily.
The fight is definitely easier with a few other hunters (she will 1hKO non-hunters) but soloable by even lower geared hunters if you keep flare up, interrupt heal and wipe her buff asap.
Ohh. and don't stand in the stuff she throws on the ground, lol.

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

Teigan

Unread post by Teigan »

Well, I'll try that. You make it sound so easy! XD Soloing is my only option, since I don't know anyone on WoW anymore, really.
So making a group of people I know isn't really an option. I don't trust a group of random people I don't know to not just run off one by one when they get what they came for, if I even could get a group together in the first place.
But, thanks for the tips. I'll probably still screw it up since I don't do well under pressure, but we'll see :)

Also, I'm not sure what you mean about having my pet healed up....it's either asleep or dead. It never has a chance to do anything.
peanutbuttercup
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by peanutbuttercup »

Teigan wrote:Well, I'll try that. You make it sound so easy! XD Soloing is my only option, since I don't know anyone on WoW anymore, really.
So making a group of people I know isn't really an option. I don't trust a group of random people I don't know to not just run off one by one when they get what they came for, if I even could get a group together in the first place.
I wouldn't say it's an easy fight but it's very doable solo, especially if you have some soloing experience. I one-shot it after watching it wipe out a group of 5 players; I just made sure to not make the mistakes they did, like standing in puddles. But I screwed up on the heal (she stealthed and cast it) so it took a lot longer than it should've. :p

If you do group up, don't be frustrated if someone wins the item and then runs off. Since a group of random people is pretty hard to control, there's no need to get worked up about a jerk or two. If you kill it enough times eventually you'll win the item.

Another option is offer to pay a hunter on your server to kill it for you. If I saw people waving around enough gold I didn't mind "helping". :)
Teigan wrote:Also, I'm not sure what you mean about having my pet healed up....it's either asleep or dead. It never has a chance to do anything.
Oh yes, I forgot about that... so you want to save Master's Call and/or Bestial Wrath for when she sleeps your pet to wake it back up. And I forgot about the dispellable buff as well so as Makoes said, remember to Tranq when that's up.

I have Mend Pet macroed with Misdirect, and I keep it going throughout any fight I'm soloing. She still can hit decently hard on the pet so you need to make sure that your pet's health is as topped off as possible. If your pet is in tank spec you can pop Last Stand if needed as well, if you get in a tight spot.

If possible set up your bars specifically to do this fight - make sure you have easy access to: Mend Pet, Flare, Tranq Shot, Master's Call or Bestial Wrath (both preferably, as I relied only on Master's Call and the CD is too long), Counter Shot, and maybe Last Stand. I think I had everything keybound except Master's Call. And make sure you can hit all those buttons while constantly on the move, as you don't want to take more than a tick of damage from that puddle she throws out - ideally you don't want to take any damage from it at all.

One last thing: wipe out all the adds around the area before you start. Chances are you'll get a repop here or there during the fight, but it's hellish if you aggro a whole bunch of stuff while running around in circles.
Nimrod
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: EU - Ghostlands

Unread post by Nimrod »

I wrote a simple (ish) guide on how to counter each ability on WoWhead (clicky!) if that's any help.

A very simple method involves speccing BM with Glyph of Misdirection. Both Master's Call and Bestial Wrath will break the sleep effect, and if you have the Glyph you can cast MD twice and all your non-healing threat will be permanently transferred to your pet (you cast it twice quickly - or spam it a few times - and then don't cast MD again). Keep Flare up, dispel her buff, interrupt her heal (starts when she gets to around 50% HP), and move out of her AOE. Other than that, it should be an easy fight!

Which region are you on? I'm on EU and have a few vials still.

Teigan

Unread post by Teigan »

Ok. I need to organize myself and try this again. She's got me spooked lol. Thank you for telling me to make specific bars for this. That should be common sense but didn't occur to me. It would make it much easier. I should be considering defeats as practice and not beat myself up for being a lousy hunter. I AM really out of practice, for one. Even if I may not have been too good to start with >.> I've soloed other hard things. And this involves running screaming, so I should be good at it! XD
Oh, and Nimrod, I'm on US Earthen Ring, so I don't think we can trade anything. But thank you :)
Rhyela
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

Teigan!!! :D

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Teigan

Unread post by Teigan »

Hi Rhyela! :)
Acherontia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Unread post by Acherontia »

It's actually really easy to cheese it, unless it's been fixed; I did it as a pretty newly-dinged hunter.

When you pull her, just stand still, and keep your pet at your side. That's literally it; don't move. Don't power shot or use any knockbacks, either. This way, she won't cast Fel Blossom. All you need to do is keep Flare up and interrupt her heals, and tranq off the buff. Don't try kiting and don't move the pet. This way, you don't take hardly any dmg and don't need to move -at all.-

It's helpful for speed if you get 9 fel pool buffs from up north, and moreso if you have a spirit beast to heal you, but do have one out and spec for spirit bond. The bond easily outheals her damage. It's a little silly doing it this way, as it's virtually no challenge (just takes about 10 mins to burn her down) but it's entirely gear unreliant.

You can see my gear/the pet here as proof, if you want: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/n ... -pet#93349

My apologies, if it's been fixed.
Teigan

Unread post by Teigan »

Acherontia, I think it's been fixed. I tried it that way a few times and she still cast fel blossom and kicked my butt :(
Pent
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Pent - Mt. Hyjal - Alliance

Unread post by Pent »

It seems the "stand still" method still works, but you have to be just out of melee range in order for it to actually work.

I have been trying to do this for a few hours and I just can't withstand her regular attacks without losing too much HP. I have my red porcupine spirit beast on passive and it is just standing by my side so I am getting the 2% health tick every 2sec, but even with that it is not enough when she is sometimes hitting me for 20k. Each HP tick with spirit bond is around 4.5k.

I am making sure to dispel her damage boost aura when she gets it, and I haven't even gotten her down low enough where she'll start trying to use her healing skill. I do have 8 stacks of the fel swamp stuff, so maybe that's why she is killing me so fast? My iLvl is 650.

I have forgot about throwing flare up a few times when it wore off, but I usually get flare back up on her before she can attack me, and she has never hit me with her damage boosted attack when she was stealthed. Is there an addon I could use that would tell me when I need to reapply flare, or when she is using something that I should "counter"? I have Bitten's Flashfire addon, but it is outdated and doesn't work.
"Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it." ~ Terry Pratchett

I need more hunters, IMO.

"A hobby should pass the time, not fill it." --Norman Bates "Psycho"
Teigan

Unread post by Teigan »

Interesting. I guess I was just too close to her. Tho, from what you're saying I might have other problems. I wish I had some advice for you. I'll try again and try to keep track of the maimings.
Rawr
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Rawr »

Just got my 2nd Felwolf today, on my WrA alt.
I find the best way to get them is to have lots of friends, mainly a tank and healer or a well geared Blood DK. :mrgreen: