Old Content Reliving the Challenge

Takanuka
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Whisperwind

Old Content Reliving the Challenge

Unread post by Takanuka »

Minus people wanting to farm old content for transmogrification items would anyone actually be interested in old content scaling to your current level or purely based on percentage damage to require an entire raid again to do it just to relive old glory? Like an option to have it that way or wish it was already like that to keep old content alive due to transmog purposes and would actually have made new companions that they added into old raids harder to get rather than easily farmable?
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Re: Old Content Reliving the Challenge

Unread post by Vephriel »

Perhaps as an option! I'll admit I like being able to go back to old content and freely explore and kill everything with a glance just for convenience's sake. I think the new scaling that's coming in Legion is a really cool idea, though I'll miss not being able to go back to those zones once I've hit cap and not get harassed by the local mobs.

It's certainly an interesting feature though, I'm just hesitant about the idea of applying it to the whole game.
Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

I kinda like this idea - I lvled a tauren paladin to 60 and turned off xp there. I planned to gear her in only 60/vanilla gear and see if there was a guild about that only did content for the level. It would be neat if we had a guild like this.

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Burning Blade, Frostwolf, Proudmoore

Unread post by Lupen202 »

I think scaling should be an option, not something forced. I'd hate to be scaled down to lvl 85 if I want to go back and just farm Cata mounts, for example. But for those who want the challenge or to be able to experience say... AQ40 again at lvl 60, they can just toggle it on.

Neiara - NE Hunter - Burning Blade (US) - Denial of Service

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

Karathyriel
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Not playing anymore.

Unread post by Karathyriel »

Castile wrote:I kinda like this idea - I lvled a tauren paladin to 60 and turned off xp there. I planned to gear her in only 60/vanilla gear and see if there was a guild about that only did content for the level. It would be neat if we had a guild like this.
I've been in a so called level-stop-guild.
This means, the whole guild makes new charakters up to level 15, stop XP and runs all the dungeons. Then there's an XP stop every 10 levels or so.
At Lvl 60 raids are added to the content thats being played.
First of all, it was a wonderful experience.
All the likeminded people doing this together, no pressure, no timelimits, very cool.
But there is a little downside to it, I have to admit.
Old content is made for charakters from back in time.
It really hit me in the face when we ran the Molten Core.
That is a raid for 40 people and we rocked it almost without a problem with 13 Lvl 60 toons. That is not even half of what should be necessary!
We entertained ourselves by being so good that MC was no match for us but yes, todays skills and equipment is way over the top compared to vanilla.

This was our first run when we had to stop at third boss because of people needed to get some sleep.
We started way to late and continued this run, finishing MC with no problem at all.
Oh, those memories... ;)

About scaling this content too...
I'm more like Vephriel here, liking to solo stuff for farming reasons, exploring and finally having some time to really appreciate the designs you were rushed trough when it wasn't old content.