Races you play, want to play, wont play

Smyelmdar
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Runetotem/Kilrogg/Nagrand EU

Re: Races you play, want to play, wont play

Unread post by Smyelmdar »

s1ncer1ty wrote: I won't play tauren because they feel like the run slowly. I know everyone technically runs at the same speed, but I feel like I'm just slugging through molasses.
I completely agree! My main paladin is a tauren female. I changed her from a blood elf during Wrath, but after the model update, I rarely play her, cause I feel like I'm playing a snail. Also that permanent smile on her face makes me think of this:

I'll be waiting on the highland, with its wonderful serenity.
Where the stars glow and the brooks flow, that's my way of life.
When the mountains on the highland, and the nature is surrounding me, when the wind blows, that's all I need.

Nick
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Nick »

I honestly play every race; I used to be very Tauren-centric when I first started playing, but I've branched out since then.

I would literally kill someone to play the Arakkoa (especially the uncursed ones), the Tol'vir (cat-taur people from Uldum) and Dryads.

And the one race I cannot play for the life of me is Gnomes. I just... can't, no matter how many I start or what the class is. Maybe one day, but for now, nah.

Battlenet: Nick#115610
|| Tumblr || Flight Rising || Twitter ||

Kayb
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Kayb »

My main is an Orc, but I tend to play all the horde races. I probably have more trolls than other races though. I do have one or two alliance races, but they don't really do it for me.

Would love to play outcast/cursed Arrakoa, Kobolds, Ogres, Quilboar, Hozen and Jinyu

Won't play Gnomes. Won't play Worgen, can't stand their models, their animations, their sounds, their retconned lore, their stater zone, their running wild instead of mount, their everything. The females especially should scrapped and started from scratch.
Check out some arty stuff?
http://admiral-lilwall.deviantart.com/

'Words do not win wars. That is a tragedy.'

http://lilwall.net
Snope
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Area 52 (Horde), Wyrmrest Accord (Both)

Unread post by Snope »

I make a point of using a different Faction/Race/Gender combo for each of my characters... as much as I want to try a Goblin Rogue. Because of that, I get to make four Pandaren (which makes me quite happy.) Yeah, the race that totally turned WoW into a kid's game is one of my favorite races. I also really like female Goblins, male Trolls, and female Orcs.

Tauren are pretty cool too, especially my badass Paladin (who I wish I could get more invested in.) So are female Night Elves, but I wish they didn't have that annoying idle animation.

However, I'm not too keen on starting:
  • A male Human (Their design doesn't really appeal to me)
  • A male Gnome (I don't really like their faces)
  • A female Worgen (Blizzard kinda dropped the ball with their appearance in my opinion)
Rhyela
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

Races I play the most: female night elves and draenei of both sexes (Alliance); mostly female blood elves and both sexes of forsaken (Horde)
I remember being so awed by the night elf lands when I first started playing many years ago, so they'll always have that special something for me. And I love how attuned they are to nature. As for draenei, I can't really explain why I keep making so many of them. I just find them somewhat charming for some reason. I think the females have the cutest accents, and the males make excellent paladins IMO. Blood elves I think catch some flak for being the "pretty" race on the Horde that all the kids play (or at least that's what I've heard), but I think they're neat anyway. And even though I'm not down with the whole "screw-the-world" outlook by many of the forsaken, they're just too freakin' cool! I like making females that look scary or creepy, and males that look a bit dorky. They're just fun to play.

Races I want to play: naga and arakkoa
I don't know why, but I've always had a fascination with the naga. I think it'd be so cool to play as a giant serpentine person. As for the arakkoa, they're just awesome bird people. Who wouldn't want to play as one?

Races I will never play: female worgen or any type of panda. Also female tauren
I have tried a couple times to stick with a female worgen, but I just can't get over how god-awful they look to me. They just totally dropped the ball on those (and alpha models looked so promising!). Ugh! I think the males look wicked awesome though, so I do play those once in a while (one of my mains is a male worgen DK). As far as the pandaren go.....I suppose the males aren't as bad (which still isn't saying much), but I can't stand the females. They look ridiculous to me and I can't take them seriously. I started to make one as a joke and couldn't even make it past the first quest before logging out and deleting it. As for the female tauren, I really want to like them, but I just think they're ugly. The males look pretty cool, but the females are just...I dunno. I can't do it.

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
WhyNotCats909
Realm: Misha, Kul Tiras

Unread post by WhyNotCats909 »

1. Elves. Elves. Male Worgen. Elves.

2. Kitty people (Tol'Vir, Saberon)

3. Dwarves. I... I can't. I can't do it, man!
Please don't hug the shiny kitties. The shiny kitties are angry all the time, and I wouldn't want Crazy Red Eyed Kitties to nom your face.
Makoes
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

I play: Elves, Male Worgen, Dreanei, Tauren, Human, Gnome, Pandaren

I want to play: Male trolls, goblins, Dwarves
Unavailable want to play: Tol'var, Saurok, Dryad, Dragonkin, Saberon, original worgen

Won't play: Undead...Nope, just nope, Female Worgen...Come on, the males look so freaking awesome and then they shit out this pile of rabid strangled chihuahua garbage.

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?