Darkmoon Island Possible Expansion?

Could Silas Darkmoon have ulterior motives for his faire?

Yes
36%
No
No votes
Maybe
45%
Would be a stupid expansion idea
18%

Total votes: 11

Takanuka
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Whisperwind

Darkmoon Island Possible Expansion?

Unread post by Takanuka »

Reading up on the Darkmoon Island, lore wise "In the second chapter of The Well of Eternity, Rhonin and Korialstrasz landed on a mysterious island in the Great Sea. This place was described almost identically to Darkmoon Island, with the exception of some ancient ruins on the island. These ruins could have been leveled before the construction of the fair. Many ghosts wander the island from as early back as Arathor. The book speaks of evils more ancient that the scourge that infects the island, and the Darkmoon Fair does have a somewhat Old God theme to it."

Since very little is known about Silas Darkmoon, and there is a spirit when you die that you can run into that speaks of meeting silas when we was just a young kid thousands of years old or something like that. Could it be that the darkmoon faire may be something important enough that it leads to a expansion revolving around Silas Darkmoon and this evil that is spoken of in the book? Also discover the actual map location of the Darkmoon Island that is most likely on the other side of Azeroth?

Could Silas Darkmoon be using the faire for ulterior motives like perhaps the island itself has a spell cast on it that could siphon life from those that attend it over time and make him stronger or being using the blood that is shed from the free for all pvp dome as part of a ritual over time he could be using to try to bring back the evil that was spoken of?
Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Burning Blade, Frostwolf, Proudmoore

Re: Darkmoon Island Possible Expansion?

Unread post by Lupen202 »

I don't know if it'd be enough content for an entire expansion... but it would be a fun patch perhaps, or just an add-on to the weekly faire event we have now.

Neiara - NE Hunter - Burning Blade (US) - Denial of Service

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

Takanuka
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Whisperwind

Unread post by Takanuka »

Well I mean, discovering the location of where the Darkmoon Island is could lead into the other side of Azeroth and Silas could be setting things up on the side that could end up being as big of a threat as an old god or the legion.
Sigrah
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Area 52

Unread post by Sigrah »

The Darkmoon Faire in and of itself isn't big enough to be an entire expansion. Expansions are based on broad, far reaching plots that put an entire world as a whole in danger. But, it would be significant enough to be a dungeon, maybe even a raid in an expansion that was based around the old gods returning, or as a side plot involving an old god if Blizzard wanted to do one for a future expansion like they did for Yogg-Sothoth in WotLK.
Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Ner'zhul (US)

Unread post by Xota »

There's certainly room for lore, but I doubt a whole expansion. It's due for a new boss and some new attractions or rides too. You could combine all three, get on a "love canal" boat ride that would increase your rep gaining rate, but if you jumped off while it was under the mountain, you could access a secret chamber where Silas was trying to acquire an eldritch abomination for mysterious reasons (or just to put in the sideshow). If enough people joined in a ritual, it would show up and have to be defeated.
Zalani
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Earthen Ring, Arathor, Moon Guard(US)

Unread post by Zalani »

All I know is that Silas is not what he seems to be.
Considering that the spirit met him as a kid thousands of years ago and the fact he buries a guy alive next to his dead brother in the manga...yeah. I could see something happening with him eventually.