Just finished Stormheim *spoilers*

Sigrah
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Area 52

Just finished Stormheim *spoilers*

Unread post by Sigrah »

I just finished the full quest line in Stormheim on the Horde side, and all I can say is "way to go Greymane". Seriously, as a long time Hordie, she totally deserved to see her hopes, dreams, and hard work literally smashed to pieces at the end of that cinematic where he smashes that artifact she's using to try and take control of Eyir. Biggest karma blast ever, and I seriously hope it's just the start of what's coming to her, even if that technically makes me a traitor to some ;)
Arthur
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Staghelm and Azuremyst

Re: Just finished Stormheim *spoilers*

Unread post by Arthur »

I agree so much! It's refreshing to see someone who doesn't completely adore her and constantly grovel at her feet? lol

Imagemounts - pets - armoryImage

"If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor."

Shelassa
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: EU Magtheridon

Unread post by Shelassa »

Haha, funny how reactions of people to the same thing can be so different. I, for once, cannot wait till Blizzard lets me skin the old wolf... for the Dark Lady, of course :mrgreen:
Aleu
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord.

Unread post by Aleu »

Mmm, my opinion was kind of mixed there. I can understand why she did it, I don't quite agree with it. Her methods have always been rather extreme in ensuring the survival of her people. I did, however, get annoyed with Genn through out the questing as he came off as petty to me. To directly assault the Forsaken as they landed on Stormhiem to fight the Legion. I don't think he could've known her plans until later. (I haven't done the Alliance version, but from what I gathered, it was Genn acting on his own) Least you could save it until we're done beating up demons.

NEW SIGNATURE PENDING... SOON.
{Flight Rising}

Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Having done the alliance version, I can agree with that. Anduin had us watching her, but Genn and the bitter ship's captain from Southshore took the initiative and attacked. (Remember the intro-to-MoP ship captain for the alliance? The one who kept spamming the Jade Forest with chats on the beta? That's her.)

It wasn't until we started seeing signs of Sylvanas authorizing blight creation that it seemed like Genn actually WAS onto something and that these weren't just vengeful acts. Of course, if nothing had turned up....well. That'd be a different story.

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Shelassa wrote:Haha, funny how reactions of people to the same thing can be so different. I, for once, cannot wait till Blizzard lets me skin the old wolf... for the Dark Lady, of course :mrgreen:
Same. ;)
Sigrah
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Area 52

Unread post by Sigrah »

Peridot wrote:I agree so much! It's refreshing to see someone who doesn't completely adore her and constantly grovel at her feet? lol
Oh, don't get me wrong. I have no love for Greymane. But short of them murdering each other simultaneously, this was the next best thing. As far as adoring her, I never have, and my opinion of her has worsened exponentially from one expansion to the next. Seriously felt dirty doing the quest line just before it, the shield maidens and their village was clearly light-driven.
Shelassa
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: EU Magtheridon

Unread post by Shelassa »

Anduin is a sweet little thing. Sure, send Genn 'I hate Sylvanas with passion' Greymane and Sky Admiral 'I take no prisoners' Rogers to quietly gather intel on the Forsaken without entering the battle. His rule will be quite bumpy x)

I understand why Genn and Rogers did what they did.
Was it provoked (at that exact moment at shore of Stormheim)? No. Was it justified? Yes.
But it's the worst possible time, too. Now best and strongest Alliance gunship lays in bits in the cliffs of Stormheim, Forsaken fleet had lost several ships and blighted the shore and Horde and Alliance bicker and attack each other in turns losing even more soldiers.

Whatever the end result of the cinematic or one's feeling about it is, no one won in Stormheim.
Arthur
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Staghelm and Azuremyst

Unread post by Arthur »

I figured. I feel like the one of the only people in the world who actually likes Genn and supports him and his hatred of the forsaken/Sylvanas. (I don't know how to write that in a way that doesn't sound weird, sorry.)

I feel bad for Anduin lol He's so precious and trying to do his best.

It IS a shame it all had to happen like this, as said, we all need to be allies, not enemies, to fight the Legion not each other. :'(

Imagemounts - pets - armoryImage

"If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor."

Silivren
Realm: Sunbeam Ruins, Tamriel, Westeros, Thedas, etc.

Unread post by Silivren »

I main a Forsaken and adore Sylvanas, so yeah.. Let me at Genn, Mama needs a new wolf-skin cape. xD

Melissa
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Earthen Ring EU

Unread post by Melissa »

I kind of dislike both Genn -and- Sylvanas after Stormheim... Which saddens me because I used to like Sylvanas. Both were in the wrong in that zone, just for different reasons.

What Sylvanas did to Eyir is not okay at all and even as a once-fan I refuse to defend it. Odyn and his followers had been allies to us all throughout the zone, and then she attempts to enslave her, even striking a deal with Helya to do so, one of Odyn's worst enemies. I don't see much good in that.

For Genn, Stormheim was very much a case of the Alliance shot first. Him and his crew have orders to shadow the Horde, but not attack unless absolutely needed. Which up until the end of the zone there was no reason to. I really don't feel like Genn attacked Sylvanas in interest of the Alliance. Instead he was driven by petty revenge and in doing so risked both lives of Alliance and Horde soldiers -- lives that could have helped us against the Legion. Timing definitely plays a part here; during MoP or WoD (While there were threats, I never felt either expansion truly threatened the world; the Iron Horde always felt like a fairly weak enemy to me compared to say the Scourge) he would have been excused, but with the biggest Legion invasion going on, needless faction warfare only hurts both sides.

So yeah... I dunno, I find it hard to really justify either of them.
I have a Tumblr!
I no longer main my Hunter; Legion changes have unfortunately put me off from the class. However I still plan to stick around for the community here ^^
My Current Main! (Updated once more as I switched factions!)
Silivren

The only iffy part I see about the above comment is basically Helya is not in the wrong for wanting revenge against Odyn. I researched her and Odyn's beef prior to Legion launching. See Helya and her followers who were the destined to become the Val'kyr... Well they didn't want to die to become them, and Helya spoke out against forcefully changing them against their will like Odyn demanded. As punishment Odyn changed her into what she is now, so yeah she is driven by hate and I don't blame her because Odyn really isn't a good dude even if he puts on a great show.

Melissa
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Earthen Ring EU

Unread post by Melissa »

I know of Odyn and Helya's history, but given that Helya now happily torments souls herself I don't really feel it justifies her and, as an extend of that, Sylvanas' deal with her.
I have a Tumblr!
I no longer main my Hunter; Legion changes have unfortunately put me off from the class. However I still plan to stick around for the community here ^^
My Current Main! (Updated once more as I switched factions!)
Silivren

Melissa wrote:I know of Odyn and Helya's history, but given that Helya now happily torments souls herself I don't really feel it justifies her and, as an extend of that, Sylvanas' deal with her.
Except she does what Odyn has forced her into, she's there for that very reason. I mean she is based off of Hel from Norse mythology so she has her place. Not to mention she and Sylvanas have very similar back-stories' so it makes perfect sense Sylvanas would turn to her, both changed into something they despised against their will. I mean you can feel it doesn't justify her dealing with her, but she is desperate to save her people and sometimes people deal with those they normally wouldn't under extreme circumstances. /shrug

But yeah I really like Sylvanas and absolutely detest Genn so.

Flyra
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Draenor EU (Horde), Mazrigos EU (Alliance)

Unread post by Flyra »

I'm Horde but I really like Genn, I've played a lot of Worgen so I've seen/lived his storyline a dozen times over. I think something like this was bound to happen, he's probably been fixated on his revenge for a very long time and with the death of Varian it's like the beast is finally out of it's cage. He's finally got his excuse to actually go for her. I can see him becoming unraveled, there's definitely a hint to it on the Horde-side gunship fight where on the brink of death he just about loses control and goes full wolf much to the delight of that guy (I forget his name, I just refer to him as Sylvanas' boyfriend). I'm excited to see where it goes.

FR: Heart #57524 WoW: Flyra#21730

Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Nathanos Blightcaller.

Genn gets taunted into worgen form during that fight Alliance side too. :/

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Teigan
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

I agree that no one won in Stormheim. I like Genn much more than Sylvanas, but he was the wrong man for the job Anduin gave him and that showed almost immediately. He had no call to attack the Forsaken. It sickens me that we're stooping to this petty in-fighting in the face of total annihilation. Horde and Alliance both need to stop their crap and get it together. I'm really getting sick of the forced-feeling conflict. We have more important things to think about. If Genn thinks losing his son was bad, what does he think of losing everything and everyone? If Sylvanas is so worried about her people's future, why isn't she so worried about the future existence of Azeroth? And frankly I'm tired of her questionable quest to propagate a group of people who should not even exist. My apologies to those who like the Forsaken. But they have never set right as a race for me. I'm sorry she went thru hell with what Arthas did to her, and I'm glad she rescued that first group of undead who broke free, but it should stop there. They aren't her people. They're a bunch of people (who happen to be all human and rotted and she's a non-rotted elf o.O) who were cursed with undeath via plague. As she herself so often says "What are we but slaves to this torment?" Why, for the love of all that's holy, why does she want make more of these poor souls?? It's selfish. She just doesn't want to find herself a queen without a people. So she'll manufacture them, even though she is miserable in undeath and knows that they are as well. The poor bastards thank me when I kill them :(
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

Well to me worgen are just as unnatural as the forsaken.

I'll agree it's dumb to fight when there is a bigger threat. They should of all had hissy fits and ran off like Jainna did it'll of been easier :lol:
Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Ner'zhul (US)

Unread post by Xota »

Genn didn't attack first. Sylvanas occupies Gilneas. I haven't done Stormheim on Horde yet, so I'm looking forward to see more of what she's doing in Helheim, storywise. But with the invasion and occupation of Gilneas, Genn was not wrong. I love what they're doing with him.
Kayb
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Kayb »

Horde side storywise, there is actually very little at all to explain what and or why she's in Stormheim. And what is there is not terribly clear about her motives anyway. The cutscene didn't really make much sense to me on the first time I did the zone. I was very careful to read everything on my second time there, but there really isn't much of anything.
Check out some arty stuff?
http://admiral-lilwall.deviantart.com/

'Words do not win wars. That is a tragedy.'

http://lilwall.net